TTV's Official Brickonicle Toa Designs [CANON][Worldbuilding][Characters]

Perhaps, “hypocrite” is a better term, as I’m not always up-to-date myself.

1 Like

Yes, just yes

10 Likes

Maybe, just maybe

1 Like

Shrug, just shrug

10 Likes

Fudge, just fudge.

No seriously, the why the lack of mask cohesion with the rest of the group. At least make one more mask with the closed variant, why make Lewas the only one??

Because the rest look good without a closed mask. I imagine Tahu’s mask would look weird without it opened. Plus they wanna show the mouths.

1 Like

idk why make Kopaka the only one with a scope.

6 Likes

Because that was always part of Kopakas design, where as the Lewa thing has not be as consistent in its design thought the numerous variations of the mask.

Kopaka always had the scope. Its like Tahus side vents (which ironically are lacking in this design, where as the original Tahu mask design for the Minifigure had them).

And the classic Miru has a smile. These masks don’t have to be 100% like the originals.

3 Likes

Classic Tahu also had more than just one side vent. This just makes his mask look a heck a lot more like Classic Lewas, instead of Lewas looking more like Classic Lewas instead.

But the vents are still there. Just like the smile for Lewa and the scope for Kopaka.

1 Like

If your point is that the mouth doesn’t fit because it breaks group cohesion, then “Because they always had it” is not a good argument to make in defense of Kopaka.

Essentially, you’ve just told me they’ve never had group cohesion to begin with, since this element that is unique is just a thing that’s “always been there”

Kopaka’s scope is just as iconic as Lewa’s smile, regardless of how many arbitrary iterations of the design there have been. Cohesion is great, but not at the sake of removing the core recognizable aspects of their design.

8 Likes

Can you tell me why you guys went with the overly simplified Tahus vent design and not have him have 4 vents as oppose to the 2 he has in this newer design?

Numerous segmented vents are something more iconic to Tahu, where as the two lager vents were more iconic to Lewa.

Irrelevant, since Gali has smaller segments in her mask…plus wouldnt it make the mask stronger to have the smaller segments to hold the mask areas more tightly as oppose to having a mask with two larger holes which would be prone to more breaking than if it was more filled in?

Piece-strength. The smaller segments are more likely to break on a small system piece, so they had to simplify it.

I mean the segments of plastic between the “vents.”

I don’t think these details matter much, its more about the general shape which they capture.

2 Likes

Because these Masks are significantly scaled down. There’s no way to implement three, let alone four, small vent holes without compromising the piece’s strength. These are supposed to fit on a minifig head, not a fullscale constraction head. There are limitations to what can be done here. Some of these masks will likely have to be redone once we actually get them modeled simply because they could be prone to breaking.

10 Likes

Have you guys also considered designing CCBS figures in this fashion (but on a larger detailed scale) to go in conjunction with the System sets releases…or was it long decided you will only be doing Bionicle just as only a System theme with no CCBS sets like example Star Wars has branched out?

I would like to see the concepts of those in comparison to these to go along if it was planned. To see how System Minifigure designs translate to CCBS size and the other way around.

Var, I love what you did with the design of these minifigs, I am trying to photoshop them a little bit to make a couple of matorans, do you mind drawing the short legs some minifigs have? People are telling me that the minifigs I am making are way to tall, and they could be misstaken with the toa

1 Like

Yep! CCBS sets are a part of our G3 pitch. No idea when/if we’re going to design sets though.

I’ll certainly make some CCBS scaled versions of these masks at the very least, but that’s going to be later down the pipeline.

We’ll have some matoran designs coming up! But unfortunately they likely wont be made for awhile since at the moment we’re still developing the world. Side characters are going to pop in once we start establishing the plot.

8 Likes

Yay for more designs to work with! To be honest I don’t really like te stuff I’ve come up with on my own.

That being said,

I’d really rather Matoran be full-size mini-figures, simply because I don’t think people will take as seriously if we make them supper-short.

(Also, I don’t really like the lack of articulation in the short legs, but that’s just a personal gripe)

Yes, all of this.
I just dont like the short nonmovable legs…specially if a vast majority of side characters would be having them. People just like normal length minifigure more since they can use their legs for custom stuff a lot more.

If we are going be the story notion that the Toa come from Matoran, then there is no need for them to be short…not unless you are a kid Matoran.

1 Like