UCS Millennium Falcon discussion

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh isa big and boring 7/10

It’s got a lot of detail, sure, but it’s all just very… grey, and ultimately just very unappealing to me.

1 Like

pretty ■■■■■■ rebranding

When you’re unsure whether you’re looking at the same set

1 Like

=1120

Why is lego so expensive ;-;

Ok I over estimated.

Still though, you could buy lots more sets with 800 bucks.

1 Like

Yea totally agree

1 Like

Canada and Australia make everything seem more expensive with their dollars.

Guys I think LEGO is falling or something They haven’t spiked the price in my country

notices he is on the german site

Never mind…

So is this set actually bigger than the previous UCS or is it just more pieces being used for the same thing?

1 Like

More pieces similar size. The big improvement is a proper interior versus the mass of technic on the inside of the last one.

2 Likes

I’m most definitely going to pick this bad boy up.
Sure, it’s super pricey and lacks a mountain of minifigures for said price point, but the beauty of the model really sold me. This UCS Falcon is the perfect recreation of my favorite fantasy vehicle and is just too well done to pass up.

7 Likes

Always contemplating the decision of those who actually would buy such a riddiculously overpriced set, whats their drive, where do they get the money for such a splurge of wealth, do they do this since they are locked in a never ending nostalgia collector nightmare…

If we’re talking about motivations…

You could always ask the fellow who posted immediately before you. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I explained in my post why I would by this particular “ridiculously overpriced set”. I don’t even think its price is that bad for what it is and what I as both a Star Wars and LEGO think it represents.

Pretty darn obvious.

I’ve got a job and I don’t have to worry about taxes, bills, housing, etc.
I have a decent savings account built up and use the cash that’s outside of it for cool stuff (mostly LEGO because I’m a sad and lonely teenage boyo).

I don’t think “nostalgia” is the reason why I am buying this set. Again, it’s an extremely well done model of what I consider to be one of the best-looking ships in pop culture. Then there’s the additional bonus of getting a few days worth of enjoyment from what I expect to be a fun building experience, the cool new designs that are in the set.

3 Likes

If I had the dollar on hand I’d probably grab this as well.

Sure I could get more if I bought a bunch of smaller stuff but it’s always the build that interests me more than anything else so I prefer to save for larger models that have more intricate builds.

3 Likes

Some EB users have speculated that the set will last for a longer time than the original a la the Death Star (maybe 10 yrs.); good potential for kids (and collectors) to save up for “the biggest LEGO set ever”.

Also, aside from the interior, here’s an comparison pic:

6 Likes

Hmm, In Canada it’s only $900. At the moment, that is

I might pick this up, if I am successful in my endeavors

Using the price-to-part ratio of 70620 Ninjago City, this new falcon could be priced at around $500 USD. Obviously a lot of Disney license fees are thrown in to the official price, and maybe you are even paying for the largest box ever and the largest instruction book ever. Regardless, I’m not going to consider this thing unless there is a sizable discount at some point.

2 Likes

Definitely you paying for those wheels that come with your box to move the it from the shop.

1 Like

Take a selfie for Prpl!

Eight hundred dollars for common gray parts, minus the cockpit and radar dish, and all for a set that has been released eight plus times before. It’s detailed, but lesser so than the SNOT built fan versions I’ve seen. For that kind of money, it better be 110% accurate with not a single stud exposed.

4 Likes