UCS Millennium Falcon discussion

Oh dang, that sucks dude. Sorry

2 Likes

Yeah which from my perspective this cost is precieved a lot worse.

Y’know, to put into perspective, the original had absolutely no interior. It also only had these minifigs below:

Pricing is understandable: no way am I considering getting this model. That said, it does a lot to improve upon the original with the 10-yr. piece change that the Death Star certainly didn’t, and looks really nice as a result.

7 Likes

…And, y’know, 95% of the rest of the set. I don’t know if you’ve seen the high-definition images of either the exterior or the interior, my friend, but I would say that there are likely hundreds of very rare pieces in this set. Literally hundreds. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Only way I’m getting it is if it’s full of dark orange kohrok kal shields like the old millennium falcon.

3 Likes

Although I’m shocked one of the biggest LEGO reviewers on YouTube isn’t going to try to get his hands on the model, I understand his point. The set isn’t for everyone (this topic makes that pretty obvious :p).

As for myself? It seems like I’m one of the lucky few who were able to get their order through. I can’t even put into words how hyped I am for this set.

7 Likes

I could pretty much complete my Bionicle G1 collection for the 1000$ it would cost me after taxes, not to mention parts enough to complete the fan-Dark Hunters, rahi, all the combiners and most expanded universe characters(I’m mostly finished with sets, so I wouldn’t have to spend too much completeing that portion). When I think of it that way, it seems a little nuts to even consider buying this set.

1 Like

Haha THAT would be incredible, right?

There’s a very small chance that I’ll really embarrass myself here since they were actually included inside the crazy hidden build of the set.

I mean, maybe, but you’d be missing out on a much better building experience - or at least a lot fewer broken pieces. Plus, it’s a D2C set, so I’m 99% sure that ordering it online would literally just be $799.99 plus shipping. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

(900 Canadian dollars on lego shop at home)
For me, I’d find far more enjoyment in the Gen 1 sets, even when it comes to building. Case in point: after looking at a single picture of the dark hunter “Tyrant” for around ten years now, I finally built him and it’s pretty incredible, having this character that I’ve wanted for so long. Now I’m imagining building not only Krakua, Krahka, ancient, the archives mole, but everybody; each character coming together completing some part of my childhood. Not only the nostalgia factor, but even the reality of the building experience- hours upon hours scouring bricklink and online instructions to build tens of characters sounds way, way more appealing to me than putting together a milenium falcon composed of thousands of grey, grey bricks.
Regardless of all this, no building experience could even hope to cover the falcon’s lost ground when it comes to the final product: falcon itself or the entirety of G1- or even just the 900 dollars it costs to buy it.

1 Like

Today I saw the falcon in person at the LEGO store. For anyone who has seen it in person yet, the thing is humongous. Seeing pictures and seeing in person can be very different sometimes, and this is one of those instances. In person, this looks like $800.

4 Likes

Honestly, getting Bionicle sets is far more worth it than any system set due to obtaining a far larger volume of stuff than with system with the same amount of money.

1 Like

I mean, yeah, if your goal is “maximum amount of collectible matter”.

I like collecting baseball cards. Some are smaller than others, but that doesn’t upset the value in and of itself. The same goes for Funko standees or comic books.

1 Like

So I finished the Falcon yesterday and I’ve gotta say, it’s an extremely impressive and visually striking set. I don’t know if it’s my favorite set of all time (Disney Castle and Ninjago City are also superb), but it’s definitely in my top 3.

7 Likes

Would you say it is worth 800$/€

3 Likes

Would the assumption that the completed set is between 15 and 25 pounds actually hold true? I’ve been pretty curious about that. Just don’t drop it. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Plural, post:77, topic:40036, full:true”
]…and I’ve gotta say, it’s an extremely impressive and visually striking set. I don’t know if it’s my favorite set of all time (Disney Castle and Ninjago City are also superb), but it’s definitely in my top 3.
[/quote]

Dude, nice! I’ve been hoping to hear that it was an incredible buy - anything less would be pretty unabashedly unfortunate.

1 Like

Most definitely. Although you could probably buy three to four large LEGO sets with that sort of dough, the Falcon by itself is worthy of such a price tag.[quote=“Azani, post:79, topic:40036”]
Would the assumption that the completed set is between 15 and 25 pounds actually hold true?
[/quote]

I suck at guesstimating weight, but I’d say it’s around 20 pounds. It’s a super solid ship.

2 Likes

Plorl can you share a picture here?