Ultimate Fenrakk Upgrade

Ultimate Fenrakk

So when G1 hit 2008, it introduced to me to an amazing concept: Bionicle vehicles, of incredible size, like actual Technic cars or cranes. With these new massive sets it made me think, what if other sets were of this magnitude. So here is a significantly, ridiculously upgraded version of the massive spider, Fenrakk.

Notable changes:

• Increase of size and added armor.
  • 8 legs rather than 4, with 2 as manipulators rather than mobility limbs.
  • The legs have a larger range of motion with 3 points of articulation.
  • 2 pairs of spooky scary eyes.

Basic view of the moc.

A close up of the back structure.

Looking over the final product, it’s LDD so it’s not exactly the perfect of builds, also not the best method to show the articulation but I think that it serves as an excellent Technic upgrade of the set. I know the legs are almost entirely identical but I thought this would be the most spider like. Overall, it at least looks cool.

[Edit] Scale photo

Criticism and comments welcome :smile:

138 Likes

It looks amazing despite being overkill.

7 Likes

Dang, this looks really imposing.

Now you just need a giant Vezon. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

@Zero Overkill was the primary goal :smile:
@ReeseEH … perhaps…

5 Likes

Kind of looks like Scopio and Fenrakk combined
Looks cool and neat

7 Likes

yoooooo this looks great
still not a true spider

6 Likes

Realistic animals? In Bionicle?
Jokes aside I was considering having 8 legs but 6 was massive enough.

2 Likes

It’s more likely than you think.

4 Likes

I think this is bigger than the one in BIONICLE Heroes.

3 Likes

I really want to see how this would look in real life.

Looks awesome as heck.

4 Likes

This is AMAZING! Love the head

4 Likes

@AdamusTheFirst I would love to build this but I lack a few of the 1375 pieces :smile:
@TolerantAxe97 The head was based off the original but I wanted to make it more spider like, so I added more eyes.

5 Likes

Uhhhhh…

#YES

5 Likes

That’d be way more than $30 :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

phshaaawww

4 Likes

This is amazing!!! Not only is it massive, but it actually (unlike the original) looks spider-like!
It’s kind of like Fenrakk meets Skopio XV-1 meets INCREDIBLY AWESOME!!!

(ok, i’m done now)

5 Likes

That head design is sick! If this is Fenrakk, how big would Kardas be?

4 Likes

@DannyBoyy :smiley:
@YOOBOOSOO Thanks, I looked at the instructions for skopio for some of the body design because it’s the only thing in Bionicle that had some of the build themes I wanted (“big” and “spidery”), so you’re actually right,
@Sabretooth I wanted to use the original piece but it’s not on LDD so I decided to redesign it in the end. As to how big would Kardas be . . .

. . . We’re gonna need a lot of parts. . .

5 Likes

Who opened a Portal to hell and let out the Devil spider! <—(That is a joke) A bit over kill but looks great!

2 Likes

This is amazing! My only complaint is that you made his head black, rather than the original silver, but it looks good either way, it’s just not as true to the original.

2 Likes