Undertale

I probably don’t, but I still think my argument is pretty legit :wink:.

I mean the same could be said about the supporters of a certain kind of political leader. (I don’t mean to dive into politics) but a lot of people judge a certain kind of leader based on those who support him, because he (theoretically) should reflect what they believe. If Undertale has a terrible fanbase, many will assume it specifically appeals to that kind of person.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s correct to say either though.

It all comes down to a different “philosophy”, I guess. I was simply saying to never judge something by what others do or say about it.

I’ll put it this way. If you like something that, even if good, is associated with an absolutely terrible group of people, do you think you would eventually become associated with that group?

Only stereotyped people with too many platitudes* in mind would think that, in my opinion.

*hope that’s the correct word, I Google translated it :stuck_out_tongue:.

excuse me Joe, but the way your frasing that, makes it come of like your saying that he should not like it because people with extreme opinions like it.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, a lot of pop culture is built on stereotypes. It’s unfortunate, but we can’t do much about it.

No, I never said he shouldn’t like it at all. I’m saying that people who do like it should still keep in mind the fanbase in case they ever receive a negative reaction to saying that they are a fan of this franchise.

I’m not a pop cultured person, so I don’t know what to say :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
The fact we can’t do much about it doesn’t immediately mean we need to be fine with it and let it be the way it is.

@DarkHenrik the fact is that I’m not even saying this because I have some kind of love for the game. I mean, I liked the part I played (if you scroll up you can see some of my praise for the characters), I haven’t even finished it. I just saw all this negativity and decided to help giving my opinion :slight_smile:.

Remember when there was more than one popular kickstarter game, and then Undertale happened and everyone was like “What’s a Shovel Knight?”

what?[quote=“MaximusPrime, post:197, topic:14286”]
“What’s a Shovel Knight?”
[/quote]

what’s a shovel knight?

3 Likes

Oops. Fixed it.

Do you really not know? 'Cause its pretty much the only thing I’ve been talking about for like three days now.

nope, tho it seems familiar

One of my friends at school says I should play Undertale but I’m pretty sure she’s biased because it’s literally all she talks about.

So should I play this game or not? I don’t have steam, but I just want to know if it’s worth it.

Yes.

Then get it so you can also play Shovel Knight.

Well it is.

1 Like

Well, the main appeal to Undertale is the ‘characters’ and ‘story’ the gameplay is lackluster at best…which sums up the game as a whole IMO…but don’t let my pessimistic outlook ruin it for you, plenty of people love the game and you just need to find out what you enjoy games for, and if Undertale caters to those enjoyments.

Fandom aside, from what I’ve played it was quite the charming $5.

Wait, you got the game for 5?

Steam sale, honestly worth $10-$15 tho.

Huh. Neat.

Finally, a place where I can express my rage for how people think that if you like Undertale, and because some fans are… strange, you are too.
3…
2…
1…

[The following message has been deleted due to excessive amounts of screaming]

I am trash and I’m proud.
I also know more about a character who technically doesn’t exist as part of the game than actual history…
Okay, well, that’s hyperbole, but, it is rude to talk about someone who’s listening.
Also, this topic makes me want to link it to Toby Fox saying “do you want to see the world you created, Mr. Game God?” In an incredibly creepy voice. Yep.

1 Like