Undertale

Dude.
If you thought Undyne was tough, well.
You know the rest.

yeah I wasn’t prepared for it. I probably could not defeat Sans

11 Likes

Genocide run : i cry ery time

Possibly the best introduction to the game that I’ve seen. (contains a LOT of curse words, so be warned.)

1 Like

I dont care for undertale (I dont hate it, I dont like it, I just generally do not care for it)

But I do like all the fan work of it that has hit the boards, people are getting creative.

I just hope it does not become the new Fnaf…

3 Likes

Considering the Best Game Ever debacle

I think it’s safe to say it’s on it’s way to becoming an ascended meme, if it isn’t one already

8 Likes

the GameFAQs thing? Yea, that was… interesting

2 Likes

deserving of praise or not

that was basically enough overhype to turn a sufficient amount of folks away forever.

1 Like

Wut happened?

1 Like

Undertale was voted to be like, the best game ever on GameFAQs, overtaking Ocarina Of Time, and there was much rage.

4 Likes

Wow…

I dont play either, but that is dumb…

2 Likes

It’s really a bummer that GameFAQs decided to start that thing when they did. The undertale hype was at its maximum. I personally love the game, but I’m not too sure if it deserves the #1 spot

6 Likes

Popular indie game + kiddy fandom = fnaf fandom
Popular indie game + 2manymemes = undertale fandom

If it’s popular enough, it’ll attract bad attention, which can take different forms based on the fandom itself.

3 Likes

A bit too late for that.
As for the GameFAQs debacle: while I do believe it has been one of the best and most impactful games I’ve ever played, there is inherently no such thing as a “Best Game Ever”. People mindlessly bash or praise it and anyone that says otherwise just HAS to choose a side.
I’ve seen this countless times with various media (Anime in general, Homestuck, etc.) and I’m honestly sick of the black and white mentality. If someone likes it, good for them. If someone doesn’t like it, good for them. Don’t mindlessly bash a group. And that goes double for people who haven’t examined the media in question but claim that it’s garbage.

5 Likes

oh yeah

Anime

I love that stuff

It’s real, right?

3 Likes

So someone is replacing every sound in UT with a MIDI.

It sounds fantastic

5 Likes

I give it an 8.

EDIT: April… I give it a 9.3

FNAF has no real characters…or plot. It is literally a game where you play as a night-watchman in a restaurant with defective robots. But apparently kids love watching markiplier play it, so they made 3 more games, and then that weird FNAF world game… FNAF was an okay game by itself, but it didn’t need sequels, and it was ruined by cancerous fans…

Undertale on the other hand has lots of plot and lots of well developed characters. The game style is simplistic, the story is well written, and it is a more enjoyable game overall. I just hope toby fox doesn’t make the same mistake as whoever made FNAF and make 3 pointless games as ‘sequels’ to undertale. The fanbase becomes more and more cancerous by the day, but at least they aren’t making up ENTIRE BACKSTORIES FOR GOSHDARN ROBOTS WHO HAVE NO DARN STORY.

That’s my 2 cents.

Uhhh yeah…right?

RIGHT???!?!?!?

4 Likes

Except it did.
it’s the only reason why many (not all) people continued to buy the games. People enjoyed trying to uncover it due to subtle hints and general complexity, but nothing was ever revealed by the creator, so it all kinda fell through.

3 Likes