Universal Decay

##Prologue) Legend of the Eternal Stars##

Long ago, when our universe was but an empty abyss, four beings of ultimate power, Space, Time, Life, and Death, created what we now call the universe. First, Space created matter, so that the world could be more than one large nothingness. Then, Time made it so that this matter could move forwards in existence. Life than created creatures, creatures that can think, feel, do, live. After such happened, Death created release for these souls, so that they did not suffer for all too long as their bodies and minds aged. After they did this, their power was low, so they each chose a creature to be the one to uphold their creation. Then, they used what was left of their ability to turn themselves into four stars directly at the center of our universe. Here they have stayed for all eternity, watching over our universe until the day they would be needed again.

Comments and Criticism welcome and appreciated. Sequel to Comradery Falling

6 Likes

##Chapter 1) The…Blob, Thing…?##

It had been about a year since Coron’s betrayal, and Runa was on his way to continue helping with his replacement, Comahi’s training, when he saw something…strange. Right there, in the middle of the station floating in the air was a large, orb shaped blob of…nothingness. He’d never seen something of this sorts before, and so he called for the rest of the Spirits of Death.
Feturu was the first to arrive, followed quickly by the others, Comahi being the last to show. “What is it, Runa?” Feturu asked. Her eyes went wide as she saw the orb. “What is that?” She asked, very confused.
“I was hoping you could tell us, future teller.” Runa said. “You seem to know a lot about those sorts of things.”
“Not this one.” She replies, using her powers to attempt to see the future. “I can’t tell what it is from the future, but it seems it’ll make us have to leave the station for something.”
Comahi looks at her in surprise. “Like, down to Chlodean?”
“No,” She responds. “Out of the solar system.”
“Well,” Boko said. “If we’re gonna go somewhere to take care of this s***, we’d better find out what it is first.”
“But where?” Runa asks.
Gaduur taps Runa’s shoulder and points to the library like area that Boko does her work from.
“Good idea Gaduur!” Runa said. “To the library!”

##Chapter 2) A Dying Realm##

Before going, Runa got curious. “I wonder what’ll happen to me if I touch it?” He said.
Feturu looked at him. “Really, Runa? If you must.” Runa put his finger into the thing, but couldn’t feel anything. He reached deeper in, until he was up to his elbow, but still he couldn’t feel anything.
“Runa…” Feturu said to him. “Your arm isn’t coming out the other side.”
Runa looked, and it appeared that this was the case, even though his arm was in far enough to where it should have. Quickly, he pulled his arm out, or at least where his arm would’ve been. Instead, it seemed like the thing had eaten his arm. His healing aabilities didn’t kick in right away either, instead taking a second or few, as if it had been fighting back something trying to eat at his arm. Runa looked to everyone else, his face serious. “Let’s get to the library.”
When they got there, they started searching through the books, lead by Boko, as she knew this place like the back of her hand. Eventually, they found a book about what seemed to be what was happening. “The Decay of the Universe.” Comahi read off the cover. “Maybe this is what we’re looking for.”
Upon further reading, it was found that this was one sign that this universe was starting to break down. The only ones who could fix this were the ones who created it.
“The Eternal Stars.” Runa mutters. “Only they’ll be able to fix this.”

I do want to continue this, but first I’d like to know; is anyone actually reading this?

Eh, even if no one is, I’ll continue anyways.

##Chapter 3) Departure for the Answers.##

Runa, Feturu, Gaduur, Boko, and Comahi went to tell Necronis, their lead commander and the one who was in charge of where the souls went when the Kaiko brought them to the Garius Station, what they had learned in the library, and he responded grimly. “Go, it is up to you to save our universe now, I understand the weight upon your shoulders. I suggest you leave immediately.”

They all nodded as they went to the circular mark in front of Necronis’ throne, which then teleported them to the nearby planet of Chlodean. “Why’d we come here if we need to leave the solar system?” Comahi asked. “It’s closer to the star.”

“Would you rather fly farther distances, or through the rest of the gas giant?” Boko responded. “Yeah, I thought so.”

Runa started flying up into the air. “Come on, we’re wasting time.” He seems just a little stressed.

Just then, a Chlodean clad in bronze with accents of green walked over. “Hey! You’re that crazy…thing that tried to make a deal with me and started talking to yourself!” He says, looking in Comahi’s general direction.

“What are you talking about?” Comahi asked.

Runa had a disturbed look in his eyes. “Let’s go.” He blasted off with a sonic boom as the others followed at a slower pace.

“Runa! Wait up!” Feturu said. “We’re not that fast!”

Runa waited for them at the edge of the planet’s atmosphere. “What was that about!” Boko asked. Gaduur nodded with a concerned look in his eye, as if to agree.

“It’s nothing.” Runa replied. “Let’s go.” With that, they left the solar system, going out into the vastly unexplored universe to go find the Eternal Stars.

##Chapter 4) Unknowing Adversaries##

A while after they had left their solar system, the group seemed to cross the path of another.
Feturu was the first to notice. “Who’s that?” She asked.
“Dunno.” Responded Boko. “We should be asking you.”
Runa had flew up to them already as Feturu was checking the future. “Hello, who are you?”
They seemed like robots, with a boxy head and rockets as arms and legs.
“New target identified.” One said.
Feturu snapped back to the present, eyes wide. “Guys, wait!”
But it was too late. One of them fired a laser out of one of their arm boosters, going right through Runa’s head, but the hole quickly reformed. “Oh, so you wanna fight, I see?” A ball of green energy appeared in his hand, before taking the shape of a scythe. The green broke off like an outer layer of glass, revealing a scythe made of metallic substances, with green electric-like energy starting to flow out of the back of the head. Then let’s fight!"
Runa sliced downwards, right down the middle of the robot, splitting it in two and making it explode. Upon this, the other robots turned to him, aggressive, all nine aiming a blast directly at his head, but all the holes reform. “Well, these things seem not to learn.” He says, chuckling a bit.
The others form their weapons as well. Gaduur bashes the heads in of two robotswith his dual maces, while Boko bats one into another with her hammer, all four exploding once they are overly damaged. Meanwhile, Feturu used her telekinesis to pull a robot onto her sword, before ramming it into another, destroying both, and Comahi slashed across one with one of his armblades, exploding it and catching the last two in the blast, destroying them as well. As they finished, they saw a ship come towards them, surrounded by these robots. “F**k.” Boko said. “More?!”
Those on the ship spoke to the group as it neared. “Do not worry, we mean no harm. Please, come board the ship.”

##Chapter 5) Energy Hoarders##

Feturu hesitated. “It’s a trap guys.” She said.

But Runa had already gone in, followed by the rest. Feturu sighed. “Fine.”

Feturu was the last one in as they started down the corridors of the ship. “What is this?” Comahi asked.

Runa shrugged. “Some ship, obviously. But I don’t know why they wanted us here.”

“Because they want to capture us.” Feturu said.

Runa heard this and darted towards the already shut door. He tried blasting through it, but the blast bounced off.

“Hey!” Boko said as she ducked, the blast barely missing her. “Watch where you shoot!”

Gaduur looked around, inspecting where they were as he walked onwards. The rest follow. “Hey, wait up!” Runa said.

They soon come across a room full of strange tables and limbs coming out of them. Gaduur has a confused look on his face.

“I don’t know, Gaduur.” Boko said.

Robots sneak up behind the group and grab everyone except Runa and Comahi, the first who quickly slipped out of the grip before they got a good grip, and the second who blocked his attacker with his tail, keeping out of the grasp. Then, Feturu telekinetically lifted her captor, and Boko easily picked up her holder and threw it to the ground. Gaduur was last to escape, but all he had to do was slam his back into the wall, destroying the robot.

The group readied their weapons as humanoid figures, completely clad in silver, walked in to the room. “Ah, good.” One said as he walked in last, clad in a bronze-ish gold. “New fuel.”

##Chapter 6) Escape##

“What do you mean?” Runa asked, his guard still up.

“Simple, we attach you to those tables,” The gold one starts. “And siphon your energy to use as fuel.”

Gaduur swung a mace at one of the silver ones, slamming him into the wall. Two others shot at him, but both aimed for the head. The holes soon regenerated.

Boko took this distraction and used it to slam her hammer down hard on one of the shooters, while firing a blast of energy at the other, while Feturu stabbed another of these silver people right in the head.

The remaining six surrounded the group. Runa fired at one of them, but his shot was deflected by their armor, as were any more that were fired. “Won’t fall for that again.” The gold one smirked. “But nice try.”

Runa sliced one in half, making an opening in the circle. “Comahi, go!” He said. “Feturu will keep in contact and tell you what to do!”

Comahi did as he was told and dove through the opening, rolled up and ran out the door. “After him!” The gold one yelled as he ran after Comahi. As they ran, more silver ones joined the chase, firing at him. He dodged most, and those he didn’t were ultimately inconsequential.

Find the power core. He heard Feturu’s voice ring through his head. It converts the fuel into a useable form. Destroy it, it’ll make the whole thing blow. Quick, left! Comahi turned left as quickly as he could, rushing down the hall. He was blocked off by more silver men, but he jumped up and flew over them, slicing two with his arm blades before landing and keeping running. Right! Feturu tells him as he turns sharp right, before soon coming across a door. Locked.

“End of the line.” The gold one says, backed by the silver army who’d joined the chase. “You lose.”

Blast the gold one. Feturu tells him.

But…

Just do it! Comahi did, but it bounced off straight at another, and kept bouncing around them. “Nice try.” He said. “But didn’t you listen before?”

The orb of energy bounced back at Comahi, who ducked as it went straight through the wall. He looked through and saw the source. He jumped through the hole and shot the power core once, before it slowly started growing larger. Get out! Feturu said. Comahi quickly went back out the door, where only the gold one remained standing. He gulped. “Um, maybe we…” He started, but Comahi just ran right past him.

He met up with the rest of the group at the door they entered through. “How do we get out?” Runa asked.

Feturu searched the future. “Can’t tell.” She said. Everyone then hears an explosion.

“What the…” Boko starts, before they are blown out the soon shredded door by the blast. Their backs, which had been partially incinerated, started to regenerate.

“Well that works.” Comahi says. Gaduur shrugs, then nods in agreement.

As soon as their wings regrew, they started back on their journey. Runa hung back and flew beside Comahi. “Hey, good job kid.” He said to him.

Comahi glowed with pride. “Thanks, Runa.”

##Chapter 7) Last Stretch##

The group could now see what looked like a group of four stars in the distance, and yet they still had some ways to go.

“We’re almost there!” Runa exclaimed as he sped up, faster than the others could follow. He flew closer, before he was hit in the back with a lot of force. He stopped his downward momentum and turned to look up.

Despite it being hard to see, mainly since it was the same color as the space, with sparkles like stars, Runa could determine it was a large, brutish looking beast that struck him. It had four huge arms, two wings, and a large head.

The rest of the group soon arrived, and Gaduur was the first to notice the beast, materializing his maces, a threatening look on his face. Feturu was confused, but as soon as she looked to the future, she to readied to fight.

The beast hit Boko into Comahi, but she bounced off of his body, materializing her hammer, and swinging, barely missing the camouflaged brute. “F***! What is this thing!” She exclaimed.

The thing next went after Feturu, who struggled to hold it back with her telekinesis. While it was occupied, Runa and Gaduur took the chance and each struck a shoulder, causing it to whip around and smash them away, leaving them vulnerable. It went to crush Runa, who closed his eyes, bracing for impact, when none came.

He opened his eyes to see Gaduur holding his ground, having blocked the strike with his body. Runa took this chance to slice into the creature’s head with his scythe, making it poof into nothingness.

Runa sighed as they all dematerialized their weapons, going back to flying.

They soon saw the four stars right there in front of them. Looking triumphant, Runa proudly stated. “We’re here, guys.”

##Chapter 8) Meeting Your Heroes##

Four stars, one white, one brown, one golden and one dark grey, stood before them. “You guys ready?” Runa asked.

“As I’ll ever be.” Comahi replied, while Gaduur nodded, and the others showed no response.

They started flying towards the grey star, the heat starting to get to them. Feturu created an energy bubble around them, but it only barely helped. They felt like the heat was about to consume them, when suddenly, it stopped.

Upon looking around, they see a small silver structure, surrounded by a translucent black energy field that kept the star at bay, while still letting them in. They flew up to the open doorframe and walked in, looking at the bare room. They heard a booming voice talk to them. “What is it that brought you here?!”

Runa jumped, ready again to fight an adversary, when a skeletal figure with a head of swirling black energy walked towards them from behind a wall. “Once more, what is it that brought you here? I am very busy.” It said, the voice more grounded.

Runa relaxed. “Are you Death, by chance?”

“I am.” The being replied. “Could you answer my question?”

The group all bowed at the waist. “Hello, I am Runa, Bringer of Death, But we have no time for formalities. The universe is dying.”

“What do you mean?!” Death asked in a panicked voice. “What’s happened?!”

Boko explains the situation, the masses of nothingness, and the signs they saw to lead them to believe this.

“Oh my…” Death said, pacing. “I know what you must do, but you are not ready. You don’t know all you can do.”

“What do you mean?” Feturu asked.

“You each have powers you haven’t been taught. I need to help you learn them before you do what needs to be done.”

“Why can’t you?” Boko asked. “You made the universe, can’t you fix it?”

“All my power was used to make it the first time, and what was left was given to your predecessors, and the one of your leader, so I can’t. Now hurry, we don’t have much time.”

##Chapter 9)

Runa stood in a cubic room, Death at his side. “So, what do you know to do?”

Runa thinks. “Energy manipulation, I’m faster than the others, and my scythe.”

Death nods. “How much of the first do you know? Not only can you make a mass of energy, you can manipulate it.” He makes a mass of black energy, then shapes it into a circular saw blade. “Like so.”

Runa tries, creating the green energy orb in his hands, and flattening it into a bladed disk like the one Death held.

“Good.” Death told him. “There’s more as well. While energy has been your main way of fighting, you have another power; decay. You can activate the ability to decay materials you are in direct contact with.” He picks up a piece of wood and looks at Runa. “Put your hand on it, and focus on your mask.”

He does so, closing his eyes to concentrate. He feels his hand fall through as he opens his eyes and catches himself, looking at the pile of rotten pulp that was once the piece of wood. “Huh.” He said. “Interesting.”

“Other than that, there’s just one more thing, really. But I want to wait for that. That’s it for now.” Death said as he gestured to the door. Runa bowed and left the room.

Feturu walked into the room, looking around. She was about to check the future for any signs of what might happened, when Death walked up behind her. “Good, you’re here.” He said.

“So what do we do?” Feturu asked him.

“You tell me, what can you do?”

She thinks. “Weapon, energy, telepathy, future-vision.”

“Then let us expand.” Death teaches to her the energy manipulation that he did with Runa, along with decay. “Now, we also have more to your psychic abilities. Telepathy, yes, but also telekinesis.”

“Really?” She said.

“Yes, and maybe even better control of your seer’s sight.”

“I need that. My powers are nigh uncontrollable, going off without my want and not when I want.”

“Well, best start with telekinesis, as that will help with the latter. Outstretch your hand and focus on that.” He points to a cube in the middle of the room.

She does so, and the outstretched hand and cube glow a light blue. She looks surprised. “What?”

“Now lift your arm.” Death instructs.

She does so and the cube lifts as well. “Wow!”

“Yes. But be warned, the larger the entity, or if it’s living, will be harder to manipulate. Oh, also, focus it on yourself to attempt to control your seer’s sight better. Now go, I will show you the last thing later.”

Gaduur walked in and looked at Death.

“Oh. I’d assume you know about your basic abilities, but there’s a few more to teach you. Ready?” Death asked.

Gaduur nodded.

“Not much of a talker, huh? Respectable. Now, let’s start with a secondary weapon of sorts that you have. Runa has the gauntlet, Feturu her spiked buckler, Comahi his Book of Deals. You, my friend, are a wall. Near indestructible, yes, but also immobile if you wish. You can actually, if you focus hard enough, augment your density and weight, making you heavier than a planet, or even lighter than a feather. Just focus on yourself, and think of something heavy.”

Gaduur closed his eyes and focused, thinking of a non-descript planet for the weight. Suddenly, the ground below him began cracking as he started sinking in.

“Okay good enough!” Death said to Gaduur, who then stopped and moved out of the spot he created. “Now for your mask.”

Gaduur gave an intrigued look.

“Yes, it gives you a power as well. With it, you can raise the bodies of those dead. Not their spirits, mind you, but their bodies. Try, focus on it.”

Gaduur looked at Death like he was crazy. He gestured to the surrounding area, and lack of bodies in it.

After a second or so, Death realized this. “Oh. Well, just a second.” Death was replaced by a poof of smoke slowly furling outwards, before returning with a skeleton, obviously aged well, according to the lack of tissue attached to the bones. “Okay, now. Focus on your mask, and this body.”

Gaduur does so, and his eyes glow a bright purple, along with the body starting to glow a faint purple, other than where the eyes should be, which had the color that was much more noticeable. With that, it stood up, bowed, and did a backflip, before the glow stopped, both around it and in Gaduur’s eyes, and it crumbled to the ground.

“Well done!” Death congratulates. “Now that’s it for now. I’ll call you back in later.”

Gaduur nods, before leaving the room.

Boko walks in, cracking her knuckles.

“You act like you’re ready to fight.” Death tells her.

“What about it? Isn’t that what you wanted me for?” She asked.

“Well…no.” Death responds. “Not really. You know your capabilities in combat for the most part, and I can teach you what you don’t later. First though, I wish to teach you of another ability. Your power to create.”

Boko looked intrigued. “Create?”

“Yes, follow me to your forge.”

“My forge?”

“Yes, yours. You have the ability to create mystic, enchanted weapons using the powers of your Aurum Forge. Now come on.” He leads her to a golden sided pit, at the bottom of which was some sort of molten metal, and on two sides of which were golden pillars. “The Chronicler of Death, you may be now, but those before you, the ones before Necronis took the title of Death, were smithies. They created great weapons of magical quality for the Kaiko legions. As you will, and as you will power up the weapons of your comrades here. Now, follow your instincts and use your hammer to craft a great power.”

After some time, Boko looked on at the golden sword she created. “There.”

“Good. Now that you know how to do that, I shall teach you the rest of what you need. Then, you relax. I’ll call you in later.” Death said, before continuing on to teach Boko of her energy manipulation, and ability to raise the dead. Then he sent her out, content with what he’d taught her.

Comahi looked around the room tentatively. “Hello?” He said.

Death walked up to him. “Good, you’re here. Let’s get to work.”
He worked with Comahi, teaching him the same energy manipulation as the others.

“Now.” Death said afterwards. “Your wings aren’t your only convenient travel.” He tells Comahi. “You can appear and disappear into any shadow within eyesight.”

“Really?” Comahi asked.

“Yes, first, focus on any shadow you’re in currently, like your own. Then, look at a shadow you can see, and think about being their.”

Comahi did this, and he was enveloped by the shadows, being dragged into his and popping up inside the other.

“Good!” Death said to Comahi. “Now, your other ability is your book of deals. With it, you can make deals with any mortal, to give them power or money, or whatever, in exchange for their soul to join the Kaiko army. All you need to do is shake their hand and have them sign in the book. We can’t exactly practice here, but you get the idea. Now, go get the others; there’s something I need to teach all of you.”

took me long enough, like anyone is reading this anyways