Unofficial Fallout Topic

I’m not going to argue with you any more about 76, but everywhere I’ve heard the 2D games are not main line games. And yeah, Bethesda should deffinatly make more remastered.

Edit: I think remastered are just fine, but not as good a new game. I never said I didn’t think Skyrim SE helped

What places have ever called the 2D games not main series?

1, 2, 3, 4 are all main

Tactics, BOS, NV, and Shelter are not. (and folk prefer to think FOBOS doesn’t even exist)

We were talking about Zelda for some reason. 1, 2, 3, and 4 are all main games, I can’t argue with that.

Serves me right for assuming context.

I’m kinda looking forward to 76.

In my mind I sort of see it like the upcoming Pokémon let’s go games. Both games are taking an established franchise in a new and controversial direction, but to me that doesn’t make them bad games, and even though they are moving away from what I would most like to see, I’m still willing to give them a chance

3 Likes

I know. It’s not fair to judge something without playing it. If they said the next halo game was going to be a single player open world JRPG I’d still play it just to give it a chance. It may be horrible, but I’m not going to make a predetermined decision on it.

2 Likes

IMO that’s a pretty good way to think on it.

I personally just relish the oppurtunity to play with friends regardless of the other details, I just hope there’s enough lasting content to keep the game alive in the future. I also hope that there’s plenty to do in single player when my friends are not online.

late reply ftw

2 Likes

Okay so I just watched a trailer for Fallout 76. It was a little add before a YouTube video so I’m not really able to post the actual trailer, but just…

Okay so the bulk of it is fairly normal Fallout stuff. There was a sloth at the very begining which I found a little odd, but whatever. The graphics were beautiful as is to be expected with triple A video game trailers in this day and age, but then…

Then there was this big, dragon gargoyle thing, that showed up for like 10 frames before the trailer ended. Like, it was clearly designed so it cut away the exact moment that your mind comprehends the image that you see. Like it shows up, you see it, and then you’re brain realizes “Wait! This is a giant reptilian wing beast! I better look at it for a couple more seconds so it completely cements in” and the exact moment that happens, it cuts to black and fades to the logo.

So yeah. In the span of maybe a 30 second trailer, I’ve gone to very much uninterested in this game to completely and entirely interested and invested, and I’m sure that’s exactly what that was for.

Got played like a dang fiddle.

Scroll up and I posted both of the trailers earlier.

Alright. Well has there been any information about this mystery winged reptilian death beast?

1 Like

you know it’s completely multiplayer right?

And interest is dead again.

… … …still want to learn about that gargoyle thing though.

The Scorchbeast, the creature you mention, is like a Bat version of a deathclaw and it shoots sonic attacks

You know I was just about to make a flying Deathclaw joke.

But it will allow for a solo server. (From what I’ve heard)

1 Like

As far as I’m aware, single player franchises that try to go full multiplayer never ends well.

Wait like a local server or just a single player thing? I’m not sure that’d work since they removed the time stop/slow of VATs and there’s like no NPCs outside of Vendors

Think of it like Ark: Survival Evolved, but with a story element.

@MaxinePrimal Oh, by the way, I wish people would stop acting like this is the new direction for the franchise. This is a spinoff. Not the next Fallout game. Tod said it himself. This is not Fallout 5. The franchise is not going full multiplayer, just this one game. Alright, I’m done. Take this as you will.

Oh. That helps.

1 Like

Yeah, I was a little worried at first too.

1 Like