Unofficial Fallout Topic

This thing seems so barren and directionless. I really wish they had focused on making Starfield the multiplayer game, and made a proper Fallout Spin-off like New Vegas or Tactics (we don’t mention BoS).

Like, after the massive disappointment that Fallout 4 was for many in the fanbase, the hope that Far Harbor brought, and the destruction of that hope as Workshop DLC and Nuka World disintegrated whatever good will had just been restored, they focus their efforts on making more of that but even more barebones? Nice way of listening to criticism there guys…

Ah, so you resurface to continue to berate a game you haven’t played. I’ll listen to what you have to say after you’ve played it.

No offense, just, don’t jump the gun.

We’ve seen a lot of gameplay streams lately, along with the impressions of people who have had a hands on take with it. The general consensus is that it’s barren. What quests it does have are usually fetch quests. It’s literally Fallout 4 but worse.

Well, you are biased as you hated F4. Other people liked it. And the general consensus I get from my friends who are Fallout fans and the fans I kmow on the internet is its generally a good game. (Several of them have played the BETA.)

It’s a good game, but a terrible Fallout game. I’m critical of recent Bethesda, because they claimed to hear the criticisms of the fanbase, put out Far Harbor which seemed to show this, and then everything afterwards has been exactly what the majority of criticisms were against. You also can’t say that they aren’t on the same page about what the majority of criticisms were, because Far Harbor showed improvements in those specific areas. They’ve just decided not to care.

You’re also claiming I’m biased, while backing your point up with a group of people likely to be of the same opinion you have anyway. If you want a consensus, go to r/Fallout, not r/Fallout76.

Ah I see, you were miffed with the company anr now don’t trust them. Aslo, Spinoff, does nobody understand this? Everyone who dislikes it is treating it like Fallout 5. This isn’t a main fallout title, but really just a survival game set in the Fallout universe.

I mean theres signs that seem to indicate it happens really early in the post war timeline

They confirmed it takes place twenty five years after the bombs dropped.

Why are people miffed? It takes half a decade to get a new Fallout release. Starfield and TES VI seem to still be in pre-production, and they’re next in the line-up. This means we won’t get Fallout 5 in another decade or more. They knew fully well that Fallout 4 had left a bad taste in the mouths of many about the franchise and its direction. TES is also starting to become casual in the wrong places. The last Spin-off we got was Fallout New Vegas, which not only kept the basic structure of Fallout 3, bit also had better writing and quests.

If you love a franchise, and entries only come once a large amount of your lifespan is gone, how happy are you going to be that the last two entries were poor examples of what the series has to offer, and that the best entries that are worth playing will never get remakes during the off-period because the company in question doesn’t believe in it?

1 Like

“Good good, I can feel your anger.” ~ some guy named Sheeve.