Unpopular Opinions about LEGO

And also Mata red! Glorious, glorious Mata red!

1 Like

These are all the most used complaints.
None of these are unpopular.

1 Like

yeah, but look at the tile of the topic.

the only change that i’ll make to it is to add more constraction lines.

because i can do that. i’m the creator :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This is a biggie. But It’s very personal to me:

2016 is my favorite year of BIONICLE.

Now, Imma get the obvious outta the way. Obviously objectively 2016 probably falls right in the middle for Bionicle years. But I never said it was the BEST, I said it was my FAVORITE. Personally, this year has been great for me. It was really my first year witht he community. I got to get involved with so many fan things. The Makuta contest, my Youtube channel, JtO, MOCs, several TTV events, and a lot more. I have had SOOO much fun this year. I was even able to start a massive project that I haven’t revealed yet. I also LOVE the 2016 Toa and really enjoy the summer villains. I mean, it has even bean fun to track down instructions and parts and start my hunt to rebuild the three Makuta models from the designer video.

Remember, I know that objectively 2016 is just OK. But this is my personal unpopular opinion about 2016.

7 Likes

I hate when people say what they think the sets are like objectively because it never tells when whether they’re good or not. Some people say that the 2015 and 2016 are objectively bad so which one is right. What you think about something is completely subjective so don’t let when what people say what are “objective” about the sets cloud your judgement Bionicle or whatever.

That’s my unpopular opinion. I don’t like people say something objective about Bionicle.

5 Likes

I liked the Visorak.

The Zivon is my favorite combo model.

I don’t like the OG Miru or Pakari at all.

2016 was my favorite year for Bionicle out of G2 and G1, and I loved the 3rd and 4th episodes of JtO.

I’m glad someone else likes Voltix.

8 Likes

Me
:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hydraxon > Maxilos

Vezon and Fenrakk > Brutaka

1 Like

The three main 2006 titans were all good, imo.

2 Likes

Axonn > Hydraxon
Brutaka > Maxilos ( without spinax )

1 Like

do u wanna go

4 Likes

I think both are equally bland characters but Evo got better sets.

(I didn’t intend to quote that post but I’ll leave it as it is…)

1 Like

(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

7 Likes

Well, I guess it’s a good moment to state my opinion about Hero Factory - I both like and dislike it a great deal, as bipolar as it might sound. The concept of a vast universe filled with countless planets populated by unknown creatures gave the fans a great creative freedom, something Bionicle was missing in its later years, as the lore was getting denser and denser. I also remember liking the comics quite much and being hyped up about the fact they actually brought back Carlos D’Anda to do them (and I’m still dissapointed they couldn’t do the same for G2, despite all the fanservice and attempts to bring back the classic feel). With that said, the plot itself was… The premise of heroes being built in a factory seemed really cynical to me but that wouldn’t be a problem if the story was simply fun. It wasn’t. It was riddled with plotholes, unresolved cliffhangers, boring, annoying and unintentionally morally ambigous characters and cringy dialogue. As far as the sets are concerned… most of them ranged from passable to downright terrible but I enjoyed some of them (well, the way they looked, as I don’t actually own any of them and I don’t plan to) but I respect them in a way for introducing an admittedly fun building system. As a disclaimer, despite being so harsh towards HF, I don’t want to be associated with the ‘bring back Bonkles’ and ‘let’s storm Billund’ crowd - I still consider it one of the most embarassing, stupid and counterproductive things the Bionicle fanbase has ever done.

6 Likes

I liked the Toa Hordika.

6 Likes

I liked the Inika build and I didn’t mind having it for a few years.

I stay where my true Destiny is at!

1 Like

I don’t much care for Bionicle’s predecessors at all.Some of the sets are innovative and cool (The Slizer that transforms, whichever that is), but for the most part… they just don’t look at all appealing.

I think CCBS protagonist sets should’ve stayed smaller, at the impulse-buy price point, instead of slowly getting taller.

I liked the Av-Matoran. Not necessarily the build as a whole, I thought the Agori were pretty terrible, but the first six figures to use that build are ones that I really, really like.

The only gear function on a non-vehicle set that I like is the Bohrok’s head-smash.

I like the Inika build. While it did get stale, I liked the design a lot.

I never liked the HF 2.0 foot. Despite this, I have it on my self-moc. I’ve disliked it in every set it’s been in, and yet I deliberately chose it for the character that represents me. WHat we take from this is that I make no sense.

Core Hunter is the best CCBS set.

I prefer the Ignition Trilogy to the Mata Nui years.

The Good Guy meme is dead. Not that it was particularly funny to begin with.

2015 > 2016

I found the “more open setting” of G2 to be creatively stifling. Most of the masks were tied to a specific character, and their powers were elemental, a far cry from the varied and non-specific Kanohi of G1. There was one island with six villages. G1 had a whole world of islands with various weird and wonderful creatures, different factions and organisations, and a wide array of secondary elements. I had the same opinion of Bara Magna in 2009, and of Hero Factory.

5 Likes

Alot of people agree to this problem.

1 Like

Oh, here’s one that I forgot:

I hated how the movies turned the Turaga and Rahaga into old geezers. It’s especially confusing with the latter, they’re meant to be Toa in their prime. Could you hear Norik’s WoS voice come out of his Toa body? I couldn’t. And he at least sounds sagely. The rest of the Rahaga sound like they escaped from Roodaka’s Retirement Home.

With the Turaga Metru, it was similarly nonsensical. They’d been Toa for about a month, gave up their powers, and suddenly became crotchety. The sets and animations gave the Turaga an ageless, mystical quality. Vakama is depicted running, and carried his staff overhead, as opposed to the hunched, hobbling old guy who uses his staff as a cane.

And on top of that… WHy do they even have aging? I mean really, they’re permanently youthful in their Matoran and Toa bodies, but as soon as they lose their powers, they’re reduced to doddering old people.

I think I prefer the Turaga as something more like set form Dume, who was simply a taller Matoran. Or the Protectors, who did the village elder thing a bit better than the G1 movies.

3 Likes

It has quickly become my favorite topic on TTV Message Boards…

@ToaArcan, personally, I like the fact the Turaga are portrayed as elders in the story. The thing you pointed out is a legitimate plot hole but I don’t mind it (and I’ve got a headcanon saying that walking with a cane, raspier voice and etc. are just results of being weakened after disposing one’s Toa Power). Children and young adult fiction often refrains from portraying elderly people and it’s nice to see such characters as a part of the Bionicle universe.

Anyway, I’ve got another unpopular opinion:

• Most Bionicle memes make me cringe. It’s partially because the fanbase doesn’t know how to use them in a reasonable manner and they just tend to overuse them until they’re not funny - and continue beating them to death from that point. A special mention goes for the Good Guy, which is an inherently unfunny meme originating from crude, shoddily done videos (I’ll admit I like watching them once in a while but I have to be in a rather specific mood for it).
5 Likes