Unpopular Opinions about LEGO

I don’t mind the smoothness, I just prefer the original style. I also really don’t like how people have turned to “Muh textures” to justify calling the CCBS style a 100% improvement. I’ve never thought that the G1 parts clashed with each other. They had different shapes, but they still always looked good.

With CCBS, a Toa looks like a Hero looks like a Stormtrooper looks like a Chi Warrior looks like a Superhero. Change the head and boom, that Iron Man figure is a HF character now! Laval’s a Toa!

I think that might’ve contributed to G2’s failure. They just looked like more of the same brand of sets that were already in decline, just with new heads and weapons.

3 Likes

But… I like his shoulder design…

1 Like

All Insane Kids > Cryoshell

1 Like

deep sigh

#BOI.

10 Likes

Another unpopular opinion: The Uniters are the best Toa since the Inika. And that was 10 years ago.

4 Likes

I am going to say it here since I can’t find anywhere else to post it.

Here it goes, I don’t care for system anymore.

6 Likes

The inika build is good and isnt as repetitive as people make it out to be, all it needed was shorter arms

1 Like

Fixed Title and Moved Catgory- IOwnThisTopic

They just looked like more of the same brand of sets, just with new heads and weapons.

Lego has been doing this for 50+ years with the majority of their products. No I do not think this contributed to G2’s failure. G2 failed for the same reason Galidor did. It was poorly marketed compared to alternative products. If I was 7 or 8 years old again which would I want? A theme based on a show that me and my friends like or a theme that I’ve heard of but don’t really understand?

4 Likes

Que people screaming that Ninjago and Nexo Knights killed BIONICLE…

Lego is guilty of an even worse crime than that. Bionicle killed Galldor!

8 Likes

Yeah, Galidor had so much going for it! it had the…uh…well…ya know…the thing…

IT HAD STUFF, OKAY!?!

2 Likes

We could have gotten a shark motorcycle!

3 Likes

YEAH!..

Or maybe they could have had a cross-over with barbie!

No dolls are for girls.

2 Likes

Yeah…

They need a more manly crossover.

Like My little pony.

2 Likes

Like me.

Speaking of unpopular opinions and lines killing each other,
I’m kinda hoping nexo knights ‘kills’ ninjago, or more accurately, I want ninjago to end already, I was never that interested in the line but the drastic story changes completely turned me off, considering they have to reboot for the movie I would rather a new line take up the mantle of ‘top theme’, ninjago really shows that it wasn’t intended to last as long as it has imo, given the themes feel like the team played darts with words taped to the board.

5 Likes

Ninjago has been overdone and rung out for every cent LEGO can get out of it…But I am okay with that. It is the last story-driven theme from my childhood, and as such I have grown rather attached to it.

4 Likes