Unpopular Opinions about LEGO

Star Wars was inspired by Star Trek. Mission Impossible was inspired from James Bond. (Don’t kill me if it’s like that, I have not seen any Bond film).

Atlantis was for sure inspired by Aqua Raiders.

And certainly not part of the same universe.

2 Likes

Ok then. You won. Now I am Ok with the fact that Atlantis, a beloved theme that everyone(?) Wants back, was a rip-off. Is that the case?

It is not a rip-off, but it’s not in the same universe.

Ok…

I am confused. Is it a rip-off or not? That is what I was trying to defend all the time.

Dough…
I was using it just to fully explain how less I like clone themes.

And my only point to way this debate started is that those are not clone sets, but rather continuations of previous themes. But if you dislike them, it’s ok… it’s your opinion.

Because they look accurate. Mixel figs work great for some, and big figs work better for others. For instance, I can’t imagine a mixel fig Roadhog that would be accurate or look good, but Reinhardt would be an awful big fig. Just the cartoony appearance of the guys makes me love them. I’ve always wanted one, but have never owned one.

Um… the real Atlantis shark is black and yellow…

WHAT?! That’s the craziest thing I’ve learned all day!

If that’s true… then who’s ‘Her?’

2 Likes

I am not saying that we should use Mixelfigs. I say that they could be more accurate and more articulated.

Shhhhh

I personally think they are accurate enough, but I understand why people may not.

If they remade them so that they looked generally the same and had poseable legs and elbows but retained appearance, I’d love that.

2 Likes

Star Wars wasn’t inspired by Star Trek neither was Mission Impossible wasn’t inspired by James Bond, so Atlantis isn’t inspired by Aqua Raiders just a Easter egg that is all.

3 Likes

Mine are as follows

Ninjago isn’t that good imho it’s actually pretty overrated

Exo-Force should have at least given us a conclusion in Lego Magazine ala Power Miners having its story (hastily) finished up

The 2011 Bionicle story serials were an absolute mistake

The Legend Reborn is the only really great Bionicle film (which imho are all various variations of bad)

Knights Kingdom 2 should have been named something other than Knights Kingdom so it wouldn’t be confused with “Knights Kingdom 1”

Jack Stone’s concept in theory might have worked if they stuck to the traditional mini figure build and parts to really inspire the creative side Jack is said to possess in canon.

I wish Lego would be a bit more wiser on licensing themes that require specalized parts that may never be reused again (looking at you Angry Birds)

The Lego games Traveler’s Tales made stopped being good after Star Wars The Clone Wars.

Lego should do more mecha toy themes to license (I’d love a Lego Mazinger Z or Eva-01 build ala Voltron). Heck a CCBS line based on the mecha’s of the 70’s and 80’s would be awesome.

Slizers deserves a reboot

Mars Mission is not very inspired or that great in general

2 Likes

The problem is that LEGO keeps it as their only original theme, instead of making more like it. Ninjago is a good theme, but we need more themes like it, not Ninjago to be the only original theme.

I agree. The animation for the first ones was terrible. Legend Reborn finally gave the Bionicle movies a proper animation.

Knight’s Kingdom 1 was pretty much LEGO Castle with no major changes from the regular Castle. Knight’s Kingdom 2, on the other hand, had a whole dedicated story and was very diffrent from normal Castle. Knight’s Kingdom 1 should have not been called like this, so I agree.[quote=“DaimosZ, post:531, topic:23000”]
I wish Lego would be a bit more wiser on licensing themes that require specalized parts that may never be reused again (looking at you Angry Birds)
[/quote]

Exactly. Why spend so much money in making those new molds, when they will never bee reused again?[quote=“DaimosZ, post:531, topic:23000”]
The Lego games Traveler’s Tales made stopped being good after Star Wars The Clone Wars.
[/quote]

I am a huge LEGO Video Game fan, and I don’t think this is the case. The new games are still good (at least most of them…) But, I can sure complain why all LEGO Games have to be licenced? Why can’t we get more original games like LEGO Worlds? And how many more Batman and Marvel games do we really need? Like DC Super Heroes was not enough, we now must get DC Super Villians. And then we also have LEGO Incredibles… Really? Who the heck has asked for those games?

I agree. The father of Bionicle deserves something to remind people that in the time, before time, before time, this theme was born, and from it, Bionicle was be born.

May I ask why? I loved both Mars Mission and Life on Mars…

1 Like

######Web of Shadows>Any other Bionicle movie Despite the fact that I haven’t seen TLR

Maybe because LEGO was hoping they’d be more popular, therefore would make more sets? Aside from the characters and the slingshot, I can’t really remember any specialized parts from that theme, and minifigures and bigfigs use a lot of specialized parts (Killow, Mouth of Sauron, Pong Krell). In my opinion, the characters would look awful without them.

My friends were actually really excited for this game… I kind of want it simply for Reverse Flash and the customizability.

LEGO Hobbit is one of the best LEGO TT games ever.

1 Like

I bought two of the sets when I was younger and initially liked them but overtime I quickly got bored with it probably because of the dull color scheme

Aside from the akward dialogue, it was fine imho

While I liked this game very much too, It’s not the best in my opinion. I was sooo disappointed when I finished Desolation of Smaug and found out there is no Battle of Five Armies… Aside from that though, the Middle Earth HUB World is amazing, and it was good enough to almost fix the problem of Battle of Five Armies missing. This is a great game, and probably one of TT Games’ best, but could have been even better then it turned out. This is a lesson to learn, not to realise their games too early before the movie has even come out. This is an issue that also Happened to LEGO Indiana Jones, that they had to release that bad Indiana Jones 2 game…

So, even though is one of the best LEGO games, it still feels kinda incomplete.

gUtSiEsT mOvE i’vE eVeR sEeN

2 Likes

I am going to say this loud and clear: Legend Reborn is the best Bionicle movie. Part of this is because this movie finally gave Bionicle a proper animation… I just hate that weird animation from the first 3 movies. It doesn’t resemble Bionicle I any way. The animation should have been like Legend Reborn since the beginning. And really, despite being regarded by some as the worst Bionicle movie, IMO it’s actually the best.

TLR May have the best animation, but by no means the best voice acting or plot. Because of Ackar we got GMIES and sKoPiO.

I mean, I know we got TAKUAAAAA! as well, but seriously

3 Likes

I actually kind of like the animation… Eventually I’ll watch TLR and get a comparison to it.