Unpopular Opinions about LEGO

I actually think collectible printed Zamor would be an amazing thing to exist.

4 Likes

That ia actually a pretty good idea! Like the Ordeal of Fire Balls we got in 2011! Man, I really the painting on them. If we got something like that for Bionicle, and let’s say, each Zamor has a different power, those things could have actually ended up being decent collectables!

2 Likes

Lego prices have reached games workshop levels
fite me

3 Likes

What do you mean?

I won’t pay £20 or $25.46 for a small vehicle with four stormtroopers

2 Likes

Exactly! I have the exact problem. The prices for LEGO sets can get exorbitant nowdays. 20$ for a worthless micro fighters 2 in 1 pack? 20$ for that ridiculously small Aradog’s Lair (sorry if I misspelled that, I don’t care about Harry Potter) set? 20$ for two useless BrickHeadz? That is why I always only buy from the 2nd market.

for the same amount you can buy some easy to build primaris aggressors

1 Like

Are you referring to this set?

1 Like

I was just using stormtroopers as an example

Ah

Exactly! For 50$ I can get this from retail:

And for 40$ I can get this in used condition:

This is just saddening

1 Like

I feel like back in the days the sets were a lot more fiar priced. Nowadays, because of infaltion and LEGO’s increased popularity, all sets are almost twice as expensive then 10 years ago.

1 Like

But they are also twice in quality

I’m pretty sure LEGO’s doing quite well in the toy industry, which means must be doing something right. If the prices really were outrageous, they wouldn’t be selling anything.

I don’t know how other people feel about this, but I don’t think that is exactly the case…

the masters were the best looking team of toa lego ever released.

the uniters were a serious downgrade from the masters and the new pieces made for them were too complex to look good in the ccbs system.

i’ve Always been annoyed with lego’s nonsencical placement of pistons within bionicle pieces. especially within weapons a particularly poor example of which is straak’s axe. why an axe handle needs to be jointed is a mystery to me and simply doesn’t make sense.

original ip lego is currently pretty fairly prised.

personally i prefer the look of ccbs action figures compared to the way lego utilised the original action figure system.

3 Likes

YES YES YES!!! There are way too much, kind of nonsense. They were EVERYWHERE!!! But that doesn’t really annoy me that much.

I like them more than the masters. I don’t like to say they are a downgade, they were actually pretty cool sets.

Meh. Weren’t so good IMO as most of the G1 toa teams. Or the uniters.

1 Like

The top is a minifigure, a great one at that, the middle is a juniors, I believe. If not, it’s aimed at a younger audience, and the bottom is actually quite good, especially given the source material.

And the quality I refer to is this:

Compared to this:

While I sort of like the look of the Masters more then the Uniters, I won’t say whey were downgrades.

Yeah, I agree. Why all weapons have pistons? I also feel like the pistons from the titans’ legs were also out of place. Were they really needed?

@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister In my opinion the Ender Dragon new set is a complete step down from the original set:
original:

Compared to this:

The original Ender Dragon looked perfect. This new one looks SO UGLY

It’s more accurate. And cheaper. The wings are the biggest improvement in terms of quality.

Neither are perfect, and something looks off about either, but the second one is just much more dynamic in set and easier to purchase. And has an exclusive minifigure.

1 Like