Unpopular Opinions about LEGO

What if I don’t? In almost every argue, you bring us youtube videos from guys like just2good, or you give examples of websites like this one, and expect us to completely believe you. I don’t want to search through a site I’ve never heard before to find some castle fans. I want the proof to come from you, because you started this debate.

Castle is dead.
'nuff said.

2 Likes

Show me the multiple castle forums that exist for fans. There may be a lot, but Bionicle is at least a little bigger.[quote=“LegoDavid, post:801, topic:23000”]
Again, provide me with evidence that it didn’t sell well (if you really can).
[/quote]

Excuse me, the burden of proof is on you. That’s how this works, you made a statement, you have to back it up.[quote=“Toa_Vladin, post:802, topic:23000”]
Castle is dead.
'nuff said.
[/quote]

That’s… Definitely not true. There are multiple contests and friend circles surrounding Castle and it’s very much a part of the community, not as massive anymore as something like Ninjago but still influential. Castle fans just tend to be very quiet and not too vocal about what they do, except for the absolute masters at MOCing who put the rest to shame.

4 Likes

I’m sorry. I didn’t knew. I personally haven’t seen any castle moc.

You should check out Flickr. I think Reese (one of the mods) has some pretty good ones on his.

Here’s an unpopular opinion: I’d like to see a return of Galidor but done properly. Hey wait, this opinion isn’t unpopular anymore…

3 Likes

50% true, castle is pretty dead but some people still moc

I would like a reboot of Ice Planet, but one that might actually have a story.

1 Like

It’s not dead by any means. If you refer to LEGO’s interest in it, yep, it’s kinda dead (unfortunately) but it’s still alive in the castle community, in the exact same way Bionicle is still alive in our community (and doesn’t show any signs of dying any time soon).
A theme is not dead unless the fans die.

Actually Castle was one of Lego’s longest running lines. It was eight there when town became a thing and continued (quite disappointingly) in spirit with Nexo Knights. Its a style of theme that just keeps getting rebranded and rereleased with a new spin. And while medieval and renaissance nuts like me would love a historically accurate Castle theme, Lego wont do it in favor of more mechs that camt touch their toes and copy paste motorcycles.

2 Likes

2005 wasn’t that bad, I quite like the rahaga, their proportions almost make them cute!

4 Likes

The Makuta are my favorite canister villians, with the Baraki only taking the 2nd spot.

2 Likes

I think Sons of Garmadon wasn’t that bad of a set wave. The Temple of Resurrection and Killow vs Samurai X were good, and the Katana and Ninja Nightcrawler were far better than expected. I don’t think Street Race of Snake Jaguar was that bad, and SOG Headquarters had some nice touches, even if the main spinner arena design didn’t work as well as others.
I also think the D2C Hogwarts castle should have used microfigures instead of nanofigures. (Microfigures can use some accesories on the head stud and have more intricate prints than nanofigures, plus I love the Lego Games Hogwarts set).

2 Likes

I think Skybound was a really good season for Ninjago. It had some nice characters, some cool world-building, and tied itself in pretty well.

Even the fact that none of it ever existed doesn’t annoy me all that much.

2 Likes

I just don’t like Ninjago.

5 Likes

I agree

If Lego went entirely licensed, I wouldn’t mind it

There was a tasteless joke here, it has since been removed at the discretion of other members

It’s not so much licensed vs unlicensed for me, it’s just that I think Ninjago is heavily overrated and has overstayed it’s welcome.

2 Likes

Once it goes past eight years I’ll get really salty

1 Like

The reason people like it so much it’s because it’s the closest theme that got to the level of Bionicle. Ninjago it’s pretty much today kid’s Bionicle. Sure, it will never achieve what Bionicle once did… But it’s the closest theme to Bionicle that we got since it’s cancellation.
I hope it continues and gets better over time. As much as I would like to get more themes similar to it, LEGO just won’t do it. So I would rather have one good theme than nothing.

I’m sure that’s true for at most 10% of fans.

2 Likes

Anyway, back to unpopular opinions

I think Bionicle shouldn’t have come back…

Oh wait…

I think lego should make a CMF series for every new theme

1 Like

That’s pretty rude, I really see you want to challenge us to an argue and I don’t want to do that. So please have some respect for our opinions.

Yes, that’s right, but that doesn’t mean it’s not good anymore.