Unpopular Opinions about Movies (and Television Shows)

Wait… So you also think CM is bad?

Yeah, most people either said it was ok, not good not bad, or bad.

you mean the “reviews” from before the film was released?

About the captain marvel thing, my only big concern about it being bad was that it’d be overly feminist, but other than a few subtle things (for example the song “Just a Girl” used in one of the fights) it wasn’t too bad. I thought it was an ok movie, but very fun to watch.

1 Like

Not bad, just very very flawed, and very mediocre.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Captain Marvel (Movie)

Um, no, I mean reviews after the movie came out.

I’ll also say while the score didn’t go up very high, all the reports say that very few of the review appeared to be spam, on the other hand…

https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/az4qdr/captian_marvel_bots_spam_rotten_tomatoes_with

I understand that this is a Reddit post, but it sums up the problem pretty well. Not only were 50k reviews removed, but someone utilized bots to spread positive reviews on top of that.

@EmperorDuckie While the politics were a extractor for me, what bugged me the most was the amount of retconning it did within the MCU, which previously only really had Incredible Hulk as a retcon.

After watching Unbreakble and Split, I can say that I don’tmlike Glass as much anymore. This is not the sequel I want from two movie so awesome as they are. However, this remains one of my favourite franchises of all time, up there with the MCU.

I saw Solo

I liked it

1 Like

People did like it, the problem is that it wasn’t anything great. It’s a enjoyable Star Wars movie, but not that memorable.

I mean… i still remember it.

1 Like

It’s not forgettable it wasn’t the boycott that damaged it, it was poor marketing, the first trailer came only three months before!

4 Likes

I think movies like Rogue One and Solo are where Disney should take Star Wars. Flesh out the universe a bit more before adding another three movies to it.

2 Likes

Flush out the universe?

Rogue One was created from a sentence in a title crawl.

Solo was created from a few scattered iconic lines.

There is so much to Star Wars that I’d love to see that the sequels will never do.

2 Likes

We might be lucky. I mean, Disney has huge plans for the SWU.

2 Likes

Yeah, the Old Republic is looking good.

I think the new Disney remakes of all their old movies are garbage.
I dislike them. A lot.

I still haven’t watched the trailer.

Flesh out. Its an obvious typo.

Yes, let’s call it that, definitely not me just getting the saying wrong or anything

3 Likes