Unpopular Opinions about Movies (and Television Shows)

@Toa_Vladin I know that it’s a little overrated, with two much of it being used for commercial purposes, but I have to say, the movie itself was pretty well made. Not as good as the original classic Disney movies, but not something that should be hated, either. I’d like to hear what makes you hate it, though

@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister, I don’t think it was a bad movie, actually. While some of my friends also hated it, I really had no problem with it. It’s an OK movie. I checked the Rotten Tomatoes score, and both the critics and the audiences considered both of them pretty good. I would also like to know what you hated about it.

It just seems to be irritating for me.

It was kind of boring. The jokes aren’t near as funny as the jokes in Tangled or Frozen were (for the first time), and there were really two characters that got any sort of development or playful banter. Moana loved her people, but was adventurous and curious. That isn’t a very unique character, I could argue that Anna or Rapunzel had very similar personalities and goals. The "O"cean did 90% of the work, and probably could have done 100%:

There wasn’t even really a “villain.” Sure, there were antagonists, but they were overall unimportant, and the fire lady’s only character was that she was salty she got her heart ripped out.

If “Let it Go” wasn’t played so often, “How Far I’ll Go” would probably be my least favorite Disney theme.

To be honest, “Shiny,” “You’re Welcome,” and the coconut pirates were the only parts I enjoyed, the latest of which I liked because I love coconuts and I wanted one as a pet.

1 Like

Did anybody observed the similarities between Moana and Bionicle?

1 Like

Just the island name sounding a lot like “Mata Nui.”

Holy snap, now that you mention it, you’re right. The plagued person people want to save, the crazy villains… Wait, that’s all I got.

1 Like

“The Prestige” is a better Christopher Nolan movie than “The Dark Knight” or “Inception” in my opinion and “Blade Runner 2049” is better than the original.

1 Like

This may be because the Bionicle names were actually taken from the Maori Language (ex:Turaga, Toa, etc). And since Moana was supposed to be about some sort of Maori related people of Oceania, this makes sense in my opinion.

2 Likes

It makes sense, I actually liked the name.

1 Like

But what was the Island’s actual name? I only saw the movie once when It came out, so I can’t remember clearly.

Moto Nui

2 Likes

finally.

####My Other.

4 Likes

Now I can see more clear then ever… Moana Rip-offed Bionicle!!! It was all under my nose, but Disney got away with it! Those similarities are way to similar to be a coincidence.

2 Likes

I think Batman begins might be my favorite Dark Knight movie

Deadpool sucked.
Please don’t rage at me for that, but I just can’t handle all the bad stuff in there…

I don’t think I need to list it… but I just really hate that stuff.

Deadpool also sucks in my opinion too! Too much bad stuff! and too overrated.

1 Like

@meepinater and @LegoDavid
You two are officially the most hated users of the MB. :stuck_out_tongue:

@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister, also said didn’t like Deadpool, so he’s the most hated too! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:[quote=“ToaNoah_Wafflemeister, post:263, topic:44421, full:true”]
It’s not true. I don’t want to watch Deadpool either.
[/quote]

Ouch.

2 Likes

If religious and political discussion was allowed I’d be with y’all XXXDDD

or at least I would’ve a year ago

It’s ok. I feel the same…