Unpopular Opinions about Movies (and Television Shows)

Never actually finished it, but I haven’t finished Stranger Tides.

The only movie that can continuously make me cry that I’ve seen is Rogue One. I cried the first time I watched Battle of the Five Armies when my favorite dwarf died, and I cried during the Last Jedi when my favorite side character died, though I have yet to see it a second time.

2 Likes

I’ve yet to see a movie that could make me cry. There’s plenty where I got close though.

1 Like

I don’t like star wars episode 4

2 Likes

I actually like the prequel trilogy. The acting may be bad but the effects are cool, I love the droids, and they introduced General Grevous so he could be way more awesome in later material.

3 Likes

Wasn’t Greivous introduced outside of the movies?

He was introduced in the '03 clone wars series

The main point here is that Greivous is just effing awesome.

2 Likes

I like the new Star Wars movies. The Force Awakens was one of the first movies I’ve ever seen where I can say it felt “fun.” I thought the Last Jedi was very clever in the direction it took the series and I think it had some of the coolest sequences in a Star Wars film yet.
I didn’t think Killmonger was a great villain, and I thought the last act of Black Panther was dissatisfying. I feel the first two acts were good, but not the best MCU movie by any stretch.

I liked the Amazing Spider-Man duology.

I actually enjoyed the Minions Movie. I think I just physically felt the drop in opinion of me…

I believe movies are more subjective than objective and that there’s only so much you can criticize one for. At the end of the day, I believe that if you like a movie, then you like the movie, and you shouldn’t be judged for finding enjoyment in something.

5 Likes

Wait. Wait. I just remembered a really big one. Everyone hold on. You’re probably not gonna like me for this. You guys ready? Alright. Here we go.

#I really don’t like Frozen.
I mean, its okay. Its fine. But good god, it is no where near as good as people say it is. The story is alright, the songs are okay at best, meh at worst. Everything about it just feels okay. Nothing spectacular. Honestly I wouldn’t dislike it so much normally, but the ungodly amount of undeserved hype and popularity it got just killed it for me.

7 Likes

This is basically my opinion about the new movies. They’re flawed, but I enjoy them nonetheless.

I actually didn’t hate the Minions movie Though I was kinda doped up on painkillers from getting my wisdom teeth removed, so I cannot vouch for my mental state when I was watching it. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I’ll echo this statement. They did 99% of the groundwork to make him awesome, but they tripped over why they had to lie about his dad’s death. There’s several possible, easy to accept scenarios of why, but they never explain it, which I think is a big problem. I stopped enjoying the film when they killed Klaue. Would’ve been a lot more fun to watch him attack everyone in Wakanda during the final act, but if they had to kill him early because he’s Andy Serkis and always in high demand, then I’ll be a little more lenient to that story beat, then. The final act really was clunky and just plain bad. It’s certainly lower on my list of MCU movies. Did a lot of things right, but enough wrong to where it feels like a mess.

2 Likes

I saw one that I cried seeing but idek why it wasn’t even a sad scene lol. Rogue One was pretty close (one of my fav movies persiod btw), and Force Awakens Han dying

1 Like

I think “The Boss Baby” is actually pretty good. Also “The Dark Knight” is good but it’s not God’s gift to the world like everybody says it is. Also, also, I didn’t like the first “Blade Runner”.

Yesterday I watched Green Lantern and I actually really liked it. Beside the animation, of course. That was a mess. But the story was actually pretty good! I would have liked to see a DCCU starting with this movie. It actually convinced me to start to read DC comics!

1 Like

I don’t think Star Wars is Science Fiction. It’s more of a Space Fantasy.

9 Likes

The term is “Space Opera”

2 Likes

No, while Star Wars is a Space Opera, Space Opera is not synonymous with Space Fantasy, in fact, a lot of Space Operas are still Science Fiction and don’t really have all that many fantastic elements to them.

I think the original animated hobbit is a better book to movie adaptation then the live action.

4 Likes

I watched the first thirty seconds of that and had to turn it off. The dwarves didn’t even come at night knocking on the door.

1 Like

The movie Choppie actually amused me in some way. Especially that guy who was so drunk that we needed a subtitle to see what he was saying.