Unpopular Opinions about Movies (and Television Shows)

I wouldn’t say its my favorite, but for me, it tops Aliens, Alien 3, and Resurection (awful movie). I say it sits right below the original, the best in my opinion, and Covenant, which had Neomorphes. Prometheus definitely would be higher up if the Deacon was seen more. I absolutely love that design.

You should probably put a language warning on your post

Oh right. The video. Yeah.

I actually posted it to this topic by mistake. I thought I put it in a PM. Hence the double posting thing. But I’ll leave it here since it is a good video.

3 Likes

Just watched TASM2. Andrew is still my favorite Spider-Man. Sure his movies aren’t great but they’re better than ppl say imo

Mortal Engines is a fantastic movie and criminally underrated.

I didn’t like From Russia with Love that much… It was just alright… at best for me. Dr No was much better.

I totally despise Captain Marvel.

I don’t think that is unpopular, since many people all over YouTube have already said how much they despise it too.

Seeing how high the RT score (because of reasons I cannot comprehend) it seems that I am actually in the minority.

1 Like

Captain Marvel is a perfectly fine film. It’s not amazing, it’s not terrible. It’s a MARVEL movie. There’s not any big problems with the plot, Larson and Sam Jackson are fun together. Disliking the film at this point certainly is a minority opinion.

5 Likes

The plot, although a little tiring and repetitive, being part of a formula that we have seen multiple times before, is OK and I agree with that. I never said I don’t.

Except when they aren’t.

OK, gonna say this without provoking a debate or a rant: CM as a movie is good, but is easily one of the weakest movies in the MCU since Thor: Dark World.

I am part of a minority, and I recognise this. That’s why this topic exists in the first place, to express our unpopular opinions. However, open Youtube, search ‘Captain Marvel review’ and link me 5+ good video reviews of CM, five reviews who can ignore the numerous flaws. Chances are that you won’t find more than five. And I am pretty sure it’s not only YT. A lot of people hate CM, not because of the… let’s call it the original reason, but because of it’s numerous flaws.
I left the cinema wishing I went with my parents at Dumbo. I liked some things at this movie. It’s the MCU after all (although this movie seems more out of place than the Incredible Hulk), but if these things were not there, I would have left the theatre one hour into the movie.

1 Like

I can see where you’re coming from, but then again you do have to understand that if it tied up every single hole in the story, then Endgame and the rest of the planned movies would be unnecessary.

I really don’t understand where you came with that from. You can have an origin story without rendering every upcoming movie useless! Just look at every origin movie from the MCU! Do they rend the whole universe useless? No. CM isn’t even that tied with Endgame!
Fixing the plotwholes would not destroy Endgame, would make CM better.

1 Like

Maybe
Then again, though, I don’t think they’re putting as much emphasis on the importance of CM as they are on Endgame.
So it’s not really a wonder why it’s not as good as, say, Infinity War.

Then Black Panther should have been a bad movie. Same for Captain America: The First Avenger and Captain America: Winter Soldier. All of these movie came out before Avengers movies, but all of them were good.

1 Like

Nononono.
What I meant was that Endgame and CM were in production around the same time.
Marvel is putting more work into Endgame.

Black Panther, Captain America… those were all crucial to Infinity War, as well as other Avengers movies.
CM isn’t as important to Endgame as those were to the Avengers movies.

CM was shooting before Endgame, if I recall correctly.

Almost two separate teams were working on these movies.

It is setting up Captain Marvel.

1 Like

Heres the reason, Rotten Tomates deleted 50,000 reviews under the ecuse that they were from “trolls”. Check Metacrotic instead.

Metacritic gives it a 64 score, which is not that bad.
Also, funny enough: the 50k reviews that were removed only rose the overall score with like 3%. The score grew to what we have today the following days.

I was talking audience. The critics are always biased to “diverse” movies. (Even though we’ve had hundred of female led movies and around 40 female lead action movies.) And many critics admit to having been payed off by Disney and other companies in the past.

1 Like