Unpopular Opinions about Movies (and Television Shows)

3,6? Ouch…
Tho it deserves it, imo.

1 Like

(Captain Marvel spoilers)

[spoiler]I personally think the whole incident with Fury and Goose may have been, hands down, the FUNNIEST thing in Marvel. I think it’s important to remember:

A- That it’s not a cat. Like, literally. It’s only the same in appearance and nothing else.

B- It’s remarkably intelligent. It didn’t attack any of the Skrulls, seems to listen to Fury (occasionally), and could tell when Talos was disguised as a Kree. I think the reason it didn’t attack the Kree at first is because it’s best friend was one.[/spoiler]

2 Likes

OK, let’s sacrifice all that was estableshed in previous movies for one single stupid comedic moment, also totally changing Fury’s character.

Nothing was really sacrificed. Everything holds true. Twenty years is a lot to harden a man.

Winter Soldier: Last time I trusted someone Imlost an eye.
Captain Marvel: Ouch! Goose!
So all those moments when Fuey was dramatic about the loss of his eye were actually him lieing so that he would be more edgy in front of Captain America.

1 Like

[spoiler]There is a part in Captain Marvel where Fury says, “I trust you not to eat me.” While that part may be a little dumb, I still find it hilarious.

Okay, well, Fury said one line about it, and you could kind of see it as being serious. He befriended an intelligent alien who betrayed him. Lookalike cat or no, that’d be upsetting.[/spoiler]

I know. I was stating that to counter David who thought it wasn’t.

[spoiler] The thing is, these movies are written in a way meant to match the tone they’re going for.

Obviously Winter Solider was very focused on being a gritty espionage drama. Mentioning that Fury lost his eye to a space cat wouldn’t really fit with that.

Captain Marvel is more meant to be a fun buddy-cop movie. So, they used a younger Fury to fit that tone.

The rule here really is tone comes first, continuity comes second. I know some people are really hung up on that, but I don’t really mind as long as it makes some degree of sense and works in their respective movies.[/spoiler]

2 Likes

I think it’s dumb that Supernatural is getting a 15th season but the spinoff was cancelled, this may not be that unpopular of an opinion.

2 Likes

I have not seen the movie yet, so can’t say any opinion about it yet.

@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister The ‘betrayar’ doesn’t compared to what was teased especially because after the incident was then followed by Fury adopting the cat.

@PakariNation99 First off, no offence, but that rule sounds like if it was made by Michael Bay.
Second off, if you really want to go with this rule, then don’t expect a good chunk of the fanbase like it.
Third off, if you actually want not to enrage the fanbase, just don’t sacrifice continuity for a bad joke!

2 Likes

Lots people don’t even think it was a bad joke.

This time I think you are part of the minority. You are also the only one I know who thought it was funny.

Out of everyone I have personally talked to about the movie, I can’t remember one who was perturbed about it, and most thought it was great.

Of course, I took only a sample, so my results are not decisive or decide a majority/minority.

I mean, if you’re really that bothered by a tiny continuity “error,” then more power to you. But it’s a very very small flaw in the grand scheme of all the things wrong with Captain Marvel.

1 Like

Wait… So you also think CM is bad?

Yeah, most people either said it was ok, not good not bad, or bad.

you mean the “reviews” from before the film was released?

About the captain marvel thing, my only big concern about it being bad was that it’d be overly feminist, but other than a few subtle things (for example the song “Just a Girl” used in one of the fights) it wasn’t too bad. I thought it was an ok movie, but very fun to watch.

1 Like

Not bad, just very very flawed, and very mediocre.

1 Like