Unpopular Opinions about Movies (and Television Shows)

Don’t feel bad

I disliked Infinity War so much that I’m not even bothering with Endgame :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You really should bother with Endgame… Your effort will pay off, I can almost guarantee you.

1 Like

Not if he already hates Infinity War.

7 Likes

The Disney Renaissance is overrated. I’m kinda tired of seeing those movies everywhere when there are plenty of other good Disney Movies out there that don’t really get the praise they deserve.

1 Like

First half of your comment: yes.
Second half: mmmmnnnnnyyyiiieeeesss I guess.

2 Likes

As a animation fan that has watched almost every animated movie they have ever put out, I can confirm that.

That’s a fair comment–of all the Disney Renaissance movies, I think there are only four real standouts (in my opinion): Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King, and The Hunchback of Notre Dame. The rest are pretty standard.

There are some gems in the lesser-known Disney lineup…but The Lion King will always be my favorite.

1 Like

I like rouge one, even if the main characters died. we knew that was going to happen! at least if you saw episode 4 anyway.

I did NOT like The Last Jedi. There were SO MANY things could have been done better. What should have happened is Kylo should have turned, and have the First order split down the middle, half with Phasma (WHY DISNEY WHY!) and Hux, the other went with Kylo and the Resistance. It would have been a better ending and would have set them up for more movies.

Tangled is better than FROZEN!!!

1 Like

I spent the week before watching the movie trying to convince my friends why they wouldn’t have to die, just to be proved wrong

To be honest, i didn’t really think about until i started explaining to my friends in my church youth group why it had to happen. (we all went to see it together)

To be honest I had no idea that they have to die. At that point I haven’t watched A New Hope.

Rogue One is a decent movie, that it’s worth your time for sure. I honestly couldn’t really predict that everyone would die, that that kinda took me by surprise.

That isn’t really an unpopular opinion, since more than half of the fans completely hated the Last Jedi. The unpopular opinion would actually be to like it.

Yeah, I really agree. I loved Tangled,and only thought Frozen was decent. That doesn’t mean it’s bad by any means though.

1 Like

15 posts were merged into an existing topic: Star Wars: The Last Jedi

I love the Big Mama trilogy. I don’t care what the critics say. Yes, it is a one joke movie, but it has its fair share of emotional themes that, at least in my opinion, are payed off pretty smoothly. I first watch them when I was extremely young, stupidly young, and I have good memories watching them with my parents.

I dunno if this would count as an unpopular opinion about movies, but it’s still related to movies.
I hate merchandise. I just hate it. I am just so sick of seeing Anna and Elsa and Minions everywhere. Sure, those are movies that made a tone at the box office, and making merchandise of it it’s highly profitable, but going as far as making an entire movie that nobody ever asked for just for the sake of selling merchandise? (I am looking at you, Planes).

2 Likes

@LegoDavid

Yeah. No kidding. It’s frustrating.

And you Moana.
They literally just wanted another FROZEN. (which, regrettably, is in the works).

Has any one else noticed that lego’s, NERF, Hot Wheels, Transformers, and Barbie are about the only original toys anymore? Everything else is based off of a Movie/tv show, or is a rip off of something else.

1 Like

Not really. I don’t see as much merchandise for Moana as I did for Planes back when it was released. But Moana at least was good, unlike Planes which was basically just a lame commercial extended for an hour and a half. [quote=“ProfSrlojohn, post:536, topic:44421”]
Has any one else noticed that lego’s, NERF, Hot Wheels, Transformers, and Barbie are about the only original toys anymore? Everything else is based off of a Movie/tv show, or is a rip off of something else.
[/quote]
You are definitely not the only one. With the exception of those you mentioned, pretty much any other popular toy would fall into the merchandise category. We need desperately more original Toy Lines!

If you say so. I didn’t really like it, except for the Rock singing you welcome. He doesn’t have a half bad voice.

Yeah, Though i did forget playmobile, and some Imaginext.

1 Like

Makes sense to me

It makes money, why shouldn’t they do i?

I don’t care how many years I have to wait, but I want to see Morgan Stark as the new Iron Man. It would be perfect from a story perspective, opening so many doors, and it would just make more sense overall that Riri Williams.
And yes, I sad Iron Man, probably in this context should have said Iron Woman. For me, Iron Heart sounds straight up stupid.
And as a fancasting, to be honest I would go for Liana Liberato. Honestly, I saw a fan art of her in an Iron Man suit next to Tony a while ago, and the lightbulb just turned on in my mind, and I am completely unable to turn it off. She has the look: she can easily pass as a combo of Tony and Pepper. She also can act as a teenage version of phase 1 Tony. She has the arrogant teen that is not understood by the rest of humanity card. She can also play in a redemption arc similar to Tony’s, although if Morgan is to become the next Iron Man her arc may not be that similar to Tony’s (and to be honest the one I already have in mind isn’t that similar either).
In conclusion, I consider my opinion to be ‘unpopular’ because everybody seems to want Riri to step up instead of Morgan. Everybody seem to want a random black girl that isn’t even well liked by the comicbook readers instead of what should be the absolute most logical solution. I want to see Morgan rise and fly in the skies of NY together with Peter Parker who, now that I think of, might be a perfect mentor figure for her. And I might be exagerating here, but if this will not become a reality, and they choose to go for Riri, I might actually loose some of my respect for the MCU. Again, I’m more than likely exagerating.

1 Like