Unpopular Opinions about Movies (and Television Shows)

Eh. I once read a book titled “Steelheart” with a super-villain of the same name, so it kind of reminds me of that.

I know you later say it may not be, but having a similar story arc is something kind of frowned upon in the MCU. Kevin Feige, especially with Spider-Man, wishes to tell “a new story,” both from the comics and from previous films.

I mean, I don’t follow the Iron Man fan base, like, at all, but I don’t think I’ve ever heard someone say something good about Ironheart.

We’re trying to use logic in a world where wizards, alien gods, sticky people, and purple stone collectors exist… this won’t go well…

Personally, I don’t think that that’s how the MCU takes the Iron Man legacy. I bet that they won’t even be looking for a replacement for Stark for at least Phase 4, maybe even this entire saga. It was made kind of clear in Endgame and FFH that, with Tony being such a huge loss to the Avengers, things are going to have to be different, and if they just fill that gap as soon as possible, it’s not going to look good. I know you’re talking longterm, but in the meantime, I wouldn’t be surprised if there is no Stark replacement for a while.

When there comes time to be one, I bet that we will already have a likely candidate. And then again, I doubt I would even be someone random. With Stark gone, many candidates will try and probably fail to clear that void, and I wouldn’t be surprised if one of them is Shuri. I think this would be an excellent choice, because she’s already a child-like genius, and she doesn’t really seem to have much to do. Plus, while maybe not going all-out Ironheart, she could easily reference the role in design or in quotation.

Anyways, I think Marvel should let us explore the characters without Stark for a while before hiring his successor, just so that we can see where that takes characters like Peter and Sam and Rhodes.

If Morgan is to become the New Iron Man, we would have to wait quite q while. At that time, I don’t think anybody would argue if the MCU would play this card again.

Except becoming queen of Wakanda.

######Imo, Shuri is more likely to take over the mantle of Black Panther than Iron Man. Considering she has in the comics and has never once had any relation to Tony Stark.

1 Like

As in, they’d pull a Narnia and have the siblings be the rulers? T’Challa’s alive and well.

That’s also entirely possible, but I think it would be really cool to see a Vibranium suit.

I mean, in the comics she does have her own stories, so I wouldn’t say she is out of original potential to the point if becoming tge bext Iron Man.

I know almost nothing about the comics, but I think it would be cool too see Harley taking up the mantel of Ironman.

Who now?

The kid in Ironman 3. He was also at Tony’s funeral.

Oooh…
Nah.
I mean I would be fine with it, it’s just that I want Morgan more.

I think it would be cool to see Morgan too, but in the meantime I think Harley could fill the role.

2 Likes

I would be so onboard with Harley!

1 Like

Michael Bay is a good director.
He just didn’t had the background necessary for creating a good Transformers vision.

Rian Johnson is a good director.

must not hate

1 Like

There is no Disney movie I love. By this, I mean pure Disney. Frozen was good, not my favorite, Tangled was good, same thing there, Moana I just dislike.

All of the companies Disney owns make awesome movies. I love Marvel, I (still) love Star Wars, and Pixar is my favorite children’s movie creator out there. But I don’t have the nostalgia for Lion King or any of those that I find so many people do. I honestly just don’t care for them as movies.

On a different but also related note, I’ve decided that Up is my second favorite Pixar movie. It’s fun, creative, and emotional, all three of which just working together so well. I don’t adore Incredibles, either. Sure, it’s a good movie, I’ve just lost all enjoyment from it after seeing it for so long.

I think you should watch more of them before saying that. You would be surprised to find out how many great ones are out there that Disney doesn’t even acknowledge their existence.

Atlantis anyone?

3 Likes

I’ve seen a ton. I haven’t yet seen Atlantis, but I don’t care enough thanks to the others. I also just don’t like Disney as a company, so, yeah.

Eh, I get ya.

i still say that when the governments collapse and large companies take over its gonna be Google, Amazon, and Disney duking it out for world domination.

2 Likes

Yes Please.