Unpopular Opinions about Movies (and Television Shows)

I love that book

Which is okay, because I’m a stupid person. :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay, here’s one:

I feel that Spider-Man 2 is entirely overrated. I don’t have the nostalgia for it that most do, and I honestly don’t really care for Maguire.

Doc Oc is celebrated as being potentially Parker’s greatest film menace, but I really don’t see him as all that spectacular. He’s definitely the best in the trilogy, but I feel he pales in comparison to Vulture and Mysterio, who are hands down my favorite villains to appear in a superhero movie.

1 Like

Dude same, it takes something that sounds dumb but it runs with it and makes it great, but that’s a book topic so maybe ■■■■■ it over there?

1 Like

Sure there is, like Pokemon, and… Uh… Pokemon

2 Likes

Pretty much. and Glitter Force (my sister likes it. I casually observe).

I started High-Score Girl and it was really good, until episode three. Then it spiraled downhill. Though I still hold that it might have been cleaner in English then in Japanese dubs.

Madoka Magicka is also pretty safe

I don’t know that one? Can you give me a synopsis?

It’s like glitterforce

By that do you mean just a girlified Power Rangers?

Yeah.

I’d suggest Astra: Lost in Space. It’s a pretty new show on the block, but I’ve seen the first 3 eps. It’s basically about a group of peeps that get lost in space and find a ship called Astra, an older ship with practically nothing on it, so they need to work together in order to survive.

I feel that only works for a portion of Madoka. If I remember correctly some of it is really dark.

Is it on Netflix?

Yes, it is

Very much agreed on this; passing on the title works in some cases but for Iron Man it just doesn’t seem right.

it presents itself as a cutesy magical-girl anime and takes some sort of dark twist that made it notorious in the anime community. go ahead and watch it if you want to, but be warned

1 Like

What do you mean by be warned.

I forget what the current policy is on Endgame spoilers, so I’m gonna blur these two out just in case.

1. I was honestly disappointed that Captain Marvel wasn’t in Endgame all that much. And even during her few scenes, she didn’t do a whole lot besides blowing up Thanos’ ship, I felt. It just seemed like her role in Endgame didn’t live up to the buildup she had been getting, to me.

2. I personally found Yondu’s death, and the proceeding funeral, in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 to be a bit more “emotional” that Tony’s sacrifice and funeral. Don’t get me wrong, Tony’s was still very, very well done and quite moving, but Yondu’s had me on the verge of bawling my eyes out the whole time.

1 Like

The CM hater side of be would disagrees but the one that still thinks that she can be fix kinda agrees.

I think the reason people like it so much Is because it dives deep into Peter Parker’s personal life, rather than being just another generic superhero movie.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Captain Marvel (Movie)

But the Tom Holland movies do the same thing, in my eyes in a much more interesting way. Same with PS4, if that counts.

1 Like

I really liked Captian Marvel. I honestly can’t even see why so many people dislike it. At the very least, it’s better then Thor Dark World,.

2 Likes