Unpopular Opinions about Movies (and Television Shows)

Just came from Hobbs and Shaw.
Second best movie of the year that I’ve seen so far.

2 Likes

Infinity war isn’t that good.

Oh yeah, and Nintendo switch master race.

1 Like

Uhm… may I ask why?

The action sequences were fine but the story was lame. The only reason this movie has a decent story is due to the build up of all the previous films. Another thing is that endgame ruined it almost entirely. In a vacuum, the movie is a glorified action overload. The main thing I liked about infinity war is the ending. “Evil” wins. The endgame says evil is bad and reverses all of it. People regard it in such a high manner. I simply do not agree.

Please, do explain.

I’m sorry, but simply wanting the villains to win forever isn’t a very practical desire, and shouldn’t really be held against a movie for not doing.

Don’t know what the rules on spoiling FFH are, but Mysterio does win, in fact.

1 Like

It’s literally just a Barney on a bad day doing anything he wants because he holds the universe in his hands. [quote=“ToaNoah_Wafflemeister, post:606, topic:44421”]
I’m sorry, but simply wanting the villains to win forever isn’t a very practical desire, and shouldn’t really be held against a movie for not doing.
[/quote]

That’s the thing though. Is Thanos a villain? Or a misunderstood hero? They could have ended with a controversy of wether or not the outcome of infinity war is humane or not. Thanos’s title of villain should be in question.

Yes, and Star Wars is a kid with a flashlight blowing up death rocks. And Lord of the Rings is a midget hiding a piece of jewelry from a lava eyeball. And Harry Potter is a bunch of kids and adults playing laser tag with sticks. Oh, wait, that last one is true

Killing half of the universe…? Well, murder is universally a bad thing, so murdering hundreds of trillions of people… Yeah, not too heroic. I don’t care the motive, I don’t care the intentions, I don’t care the outcome (which was still bad), Thanos ain’t the hero in shining armor (get it?) he pretends to be…

2 Likes

These are poor comparisons.[quote=“ToaNoah_Wafflemeister, post:608, topic:44421”]
Killing half of the universe…? Well, murder is universally a bad thing, so murdering hundreds of trillions of people… Yeah, not too heroic. I don’t care the motive, I don’t care the intentions, I don’t care the outcome (which was still bad), Thanos ain’t the hero in shining armor (get it?) he pretends to be…
[/quote]

In your eyes, yes he’s a villain. But, his goal is heroic. He wants to keep humanity alive by unconventional means. If the only way to keep humans alive is to kill half of them, than that is what must be done. Or would you rather have human existence end forever.

How so? I criminally simplified them, just as you have.

That’s the greatest part about villains; you can empathize them. Many of the greatest villains are really heroes who have been twisted so badly that they push past their heroics and turn to sour monsters. Darth Vader, Thanos, and countless others have left an impression on all of us because they represent the dark side (pun intended) of ourselves. Many of the best villains mirror our heroes, and want the same goals.

Plus, you don’t really get to decide who the antagonist is; that’s the plot’s job.

Whether or not you agree with Thanos (I still think killing half of the universe’s population is far too massive of a leap, Mars is a little closer) doesn’t dictate his side on the protagonist VS antagonist scale.

1 Like

not to jut in, but evil is literally bad, its what the word evil means.

6 Likes

Not to mention that having the Avengers being like “oh, well, we tried” after loosing and then continuing their normal lifes is straight up uncomprehensable.

1 Like

That happened after the Stones were destroyed, when there was no hope.

Until my man Scott Lang showed up.

Also, unpopular opinion, at this point I think it’s fair to say that Legends of Tomorrow has become the best of the CW DC shows. Flash is a train wreck, Arrow has receded time and time again into repetition, but Legends… Honestly, it’s just gotten better now that the creators treat it like the joke it is. I don’t even care about the hundreds of rules they break anymore; it’s all just for the ride, and it’s a fun ride.

Though I suppose I just can’t bring myself to watch Supergirl

They could have easily dropped it out before that too.

1 Like

I am not really a fan of the Spider-Verse animation style. I know it’s supposed to feel like a comic book and such, but something about it doesn’t work that well for me.
But aside from that, the movie is fantastic.

It’s literally my favorite animation style ever.

Not even joking. Okay, maybe LEGO Movie-style is up there, but I found the Spider-Verse feel quite stellar.

3 Likes

Indeed. It’s very fun to watch. Very energetic, very fluid, and overall pretty superior.

2 Likes

Do you have trouble with any other kind of media with varied frame-rates and potentially seizure-inducing light flashes?

I am well aware of how much people love it, and some of the scenes work fantastically with this animation style, but sometimes it can be a little weird.
I love that they tried something completely new with it, but for me, Pixar 3D animation style still remains my favourite.

1 Like

Which one

So, do you only not like it because it doesn’t beat your favorite?

Not necessarily. As I said before, it can be kinda weird at times.