Unpopular Opinions about Movies (and Television Shows)

Define “weird”. I am very sure that this is what the audiences thought when Toy Story came out.

Well, yeah, I guess that is exactly how I feel about it. It’s something new and very unusual, but over time, I would probably adapt to it.

But super cool, beautiful, creative, and intriguing to see. It’s overall a very beautiful movie, and it’s used in such a wonderful way, down to the evolving FPS of Miles’ movements as he progresses. It’s actually a rather groundbreaking style, and if you can’t enjoy it, I’m sorry, but you’re missing out.

However, ‘tis my purpose for this topic, so such controversy should be expected and tolerated.

3 Likes

So yesterday I watched Infinity War and Endgame back to back and…
…I really don’t recommend the experience.
Second time I saw Infinity War the emotional reaction was still there, but as I continued watching it they kinda slowed down. Yesterday my eyes still got wet when Spider-Man got dusted, but I couldn’t call that crying.
With Endgame however… yeah… It was completely the other way around. Every feeling I had got amplified. There were even moments at the beginning of the movie in which I was on bring of getting emotional, really don’t know why.
A few days ago I watched a German movie called “Look Who’s Back” and controversial things aside, I genuinely thought that it was the best movie I’ve ever seen, making me literally forget Endgame.
But no, I was wrong, I was very wrong. Endgame will never become less than my favourite movie ever. Even somebody who is not a Marvel fan, even somebody who haven’t seen any other Marvel movie, even somebody who haven’t seen Infinity War before Endgame will admit that this movie was something special, something magnificent, something unique. I am willing to forget every single one of its defects, from its slow phasing at the beginning (which I think that actually helps with the theme) to the all-women scene (I am sorry, but that is arguably the worst scene (or better said the worst frames, the scene is much bigger than just the shot in which all the women come together) in the entire movie, mainly due to how forced it was), just for that perfect final fight scene. Nothing will ever top that.
You may say whatever you want about it, you can say that IW was better than it, and it probably was, but you will never convince me that this movie is anything short of fantastic, of fabulous, of magnificent and, at least in my view, perfect.

2 Likes

I hate netflix

3 Likes

I agree to limited extent. Netflix has spiraled downhill fast this past year or so.

2 Likes

I dislike it too for a few reasons, but why hate?

I like Netflix, but I don’t really follow any of the politics behind it. I just have to watch Stranger Things and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. somehow.

Netflix used to be great, but now, their policies are weird, their rating system is wack, and all the stuff that used be worth watching has moved to other platforms. The only thing that keeps me going is Dragon Prince and Star Trek: Next Generation.

1 Like

I was kinda disappointed with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. I loved the first movie, and expected to love this one equally as much, but as I was very let down. I don’t hate it or anything, there were still parts of it that I liked, but it’s probably one of my least favorite MCU movies. The plot was way to complicated, the jokes weren’t as funny as in the first movie, and the twist was predictable.

How so? It had just three plotlines.

So what? This doesn’t change the in-universe weight that it had, or the development that it caused.

I would personally have liked it more if there was only one single plotline, like in the first movie.

This doesn’t mean that the story is crowded or “complicated”.
The Quill and Rocket one are vital for the movie.
And the Gamora/Nebula one is to tease in the Soul Stone.

1 Like

As part of the MCU cannon, it’s fine. But as it’ own movie, it’s not one that I am likely to re-watch any time soon.

I just don’t like Ego. Other than that, the movie’s great. Drax forever.

I prefer traditional 2D animation over 3D animation.

1 Like

Here are some of mine.

• I don’t really like the MCU, the comics are better.

• Speaking of MCU, Iron Man and his death is overrated. His death scene wasn’t anything special. Wolverine’s death in Logan was better.

• Bleach is a great anime. (Aside from fillers) i know most people say it’s decent or terrible but I like the series.

• The first three Transformers movies were good. Can’t say the same for 4 and 5, and I wasn’t the biggest fan of Bumblebee.

• Transformers Armada is the best of the Unicron Trilogy.

2 Likes

I’ll respectfully disagree.

I’ve been getting a lot of backlash for my love of Rogue One recently. Something about boring dialogue, poor character decisions, and being worse than the Sequels. Is this a pretty common opinion?

3 Likes

I personally enjoyed Rouge one immensely. The main complaints I hear, is building up the characters, only to kill them off. The thing is, if watch A New Hope it SAYS that they die.

1 Like

I agree. It’s my favorite Star Wars movie.

I felt more emotion than when Han, Luke, or Yoda in just that one movie. That’s what makes it so incredible.

I’m nearly certain it doesn’t, contrasting popular belief. That’s Return of the Jedi.

1 Like