Unpopular Opinions about Movies (and Television Shows)

Nope it says, “they died to bring us this information” in the scene where they present the DS info. [quote=“ToaNoah_Wafflemeister, post:642, topic:44421”]
incredible
[/quote]

Exactly!

I’m going to try to find the clip to check, because that’s the same line Mon Mothma has about the Bothans in RotJ…

It could be both.

It’s actually a common misconception that ANH contains the line confirming that the rebels who captured the plans died. That line is, in fact, the Bothans line uttered by Mon Mothma in ROTJ. The only reference to the rebels who stole the plans in ANH is contained in the crawl, which says, “Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire. During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire’s ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet.”

There’s no direct confirmation that anyone died on the mission, and the rebels aren’t mentioned at all in ANH after that moment, so Rogue One could’ve gotten away with them surviving.

6 Likes

Okay then. I was mistaken. Point conceded. Though I think them dying made it a better movie, than if they had lived in my opinion. I think it gave it a greater emotional weight than if they have lived. It makes the DS strike have more meaning, that people DIED to give them that chance. but that’s my opinion.

2 Likes

Beast Machines is awesome. I don’t get why it is so hated.

1 Like

Oh, I absolutely agree. The people who criticize R1 often say that the characters “needed” to die, which makes the film less impactful, but the fact is that it could’ve gone either way–they just chose the obviously-better way…

1 Like

Exactly. and I thank you for bringing my error to my attention. It gives the movie that much more meaning.

1 Like

Okay, thanks for the confirmation!

Precisely. It’s a fantastic movie for pulling that off and making you care.

1 Like

I just watched 2012.
I don’t know why so people hate it. It’s awesome. The final is a little cheesy, but that’s the case with a good chunk of every single Hollywood movie ever.

Also at the end, if you look closely, you can very clearly see the Balkans untouched by this whole mess. See? We told you that Serbia is stronk. Literally too angry to die.

Alright, here’s one:

I, with full confidence, believe that Last Jedi was better than Rise of Skywalker.

4 Likes

That took me a second to read correctly, lol.

I can see why, though.
Personally, I think TLJ did a better job of continuing from TFA than RoS did from TLJ.

3 Likes

While I do agree, I also think its somewhat LTJs fault that RoS didn’t do as good a job continuing the story.

1 Like

RoS tried more or less to continue the original vision that JJ had for the trilogy without even admitting that TLJ existed.
While it is somewhat of a strong point, especially in a meta point of view, it is also it’s greatest weakness.
A long time has watched since I last so TLJ, so my view is heavily diluted, but in my mind and from what I remember RoS is much more enjoyable than TLJ.

The third movie of the Dark Knight trilogy (I can’t really remember the name, I think it’s Dark Night Rises) is by far the worst of the trilogy.
It’s not necessary bad, it’s only that it is nowhere near as intriguing as the other two (especially the second one), and at times it is actually downright boring.

In addition, I want to say that Bad Boys for Life is literally one of the best (modern at least) action movies I have ever seen. I really can’t stress enough how much I recommend it. This movie, together with Hobbs and Shaw prove that old, classic action movies can still be relevant if they get the deserves tweeks and updates. Even now I just cannot believe that Michael Bay, the one that made the Transformers movies (or at least 5/6 of them), the one that greenlighted Bumblebee peeing on a guy, or that one Devastator joke, I can’t believe that he was the one who made such a masterpiece. He probably hit his head or something after TLK, because he completely washed over all of his sins with Bad Boys 3, at least in my eyes, proving that, at the end of the day, he actually is a good movie director. He just was given the wrong material.

1 Like

Fun fact: he didn’t. It’s directed by two up and comers. Bay didn’t even produce. It would have been nice if he did so he could be forgiven the mistake that was TLK, but alas, he did not. But bravo to the new guys for managing to mimic his style while presenting a good story at the same time by the sound of it.

1 Like

Just popping in to say this isn’t actually an unpopular opinion.

By and large, the collective consensus on the Dark Knight Trilogy is:

The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
The Dark Knight Rises

1 Like

I would probably give the list a similar order, with Dark Knight as best and Rises as worst.

That being said, everything else I disagree with. I think Rises was a fantastic movie, with a riveting second half that had me on edge until the end of the movie. While I wouldn’t dare say it challenges Dark Knight, Rises has a far more structured story, focused on a story rather than a moral. Dark Knight is more of a series of games Joker puts Batman through, while Rises is a grand tale of revenge and continuation of an old promise, an epic finale to three great films, and I believe it delivered.

It’s interesting how all three films have “twist villains” for the finale climax, and all three “false” villains are, at least to me, miles better and more enjoyable as characters.

what the —
But… Bot how? It was looking identical to a Michael Bay movie, from the style, the themes, the music, this movie was breathing Michael Bay! He even had a few minutes long cameo in it! How did they created a movie so similar to his style?

Oh… Another mistake.
I am new to this trilogy, I just watched them.

The story itself isn’t bad, but the execution was. I was actually surprised when I found myself bored when watching it, compared to how much I loved the second half of the second one (Dark Knight, right?). The only scenes with some wait were the ones with Gordon trying to get to the bomb, but that was just about it.
Not to mention that I didn’t bite anything surrounding Catwoman.

I would actually say that it is the other was around, with the huge emphasis on the whole “rises” thing.

It was an OK ending, but as a movie by itself it wasn’t that great.

The first one worked. My jaw actually dropped when I saw that Liam Neeson is still alive.
The second one, with Two Face, wasn’t actually that much of a twist, as from the moment his burnt face was revealed I kinda expected both him and Joker to be the villains.
But for Rises, I rolled my eyes. It seemed forced to me. I would have prefered if Bane remained the bad guy of the movie. That chick barely served any role till the end.

I recently saw The Dark Knight for the first time and I wasn’t that thrilled with it like many people seem to be. I’m not really sure why, though my best explanation is that the way the darker tone was carried out isn’t quite my style. I don’t see what other people see in this movie and Heath Ledger (which, possibly tellingly, is also the same explanation I have for why the elements of the Star Wars prequals that are so often complained about don’t bother me).

1 Like