Unpopular Opinions about Movies (and Television Shows)

The Star Wars Prequels are better than the Sequels. I have spoken.

8 Likes

I am in agreement

4 Likes

We are all in agreement

3 Likes

Least popular opinion on this forum ever.

4 Likes

I think The LEGO Movie is overrated. Iā€™m not a fan of the rapid fire childish humor thatā€™s so prevalent in it. I rewatched it recently and found it immature, like the script was written by a hyperactive toddler for children with short attention spans. ā€œHa ha, itā€™s funny because the robot photocopied its butt.ā€ I groaned out loud. This is a joke from the Minions movie. Plus it bothered me that the kid is building mocs way beyond his skill level for no reason other than to serve the plot. Imagine the final battle in the city with poorly crafted mocs crashing all over lol. In TLM everythingā€™s moving too fast, but maybe thatā€™s because I grew up in the early 2000s when kidsā€™ movies were generally slower. Or maybe Iā€™ve gotten slower, who knows. This movie has not aged well, it does not deserve a 7.8 on IMDB. Mask of Light is sitting at a 5.8 despite being imo the better quality kidsā€™ movie.

4 Likes

To be honest, I feel like the LCU (LEGO Cinematic Universe) as a whole I overrated.

The buildup over the course the whole trilogy, instead of in one movie, to a climax that was actually planned definitely sounds better than directors going back and forth like theyā€™re playing ping pong and retconning each otherā€™s stuff, each movie trying to set up a different climax.

2 Likes

I mean, TFA seemed to be leading towards RoSā€™ climax anyway. Or at the very least there is nothing to point out the fact that the climax that JJ set up at the beginning is any different of the one that we got to see.
Once again, TLJ is the biggest flaw of the trilogy when it comes of the climax. If Ryan respected JJā€™s initial view and plan, then maybe Palpatineā€™s return wouldnā€™t have been this unpleasant.

1 Like

The reason JJ went with his plan is because the original plan was too risky. Though it couldā€™ve been better than RoS, it was quite risky

And the original plan wasā€¦?

It was going to be called duel of the fates. There was no redemption for Kylo, Rey was a gray, and Kylo fights vader in a vision. Thatā€™s all the details I remember, but it was much more unique than RoS and couldā€™ve either been a lot better or a lot worse

Oi, that sounds so cool!
I mean, Iā€™d take anything with Anakin as better than RoS, but still!

I am pretty sure JJā€™s Initial plan was to have Snoke as the main villain, but after Ryan cut him in half he had no choice but to bring back Palpatine.
After all, if the climax we got was indeed the one that was planned all along, I am pretty sure they would have hinted at Palpatineā€™s return much earlier in the trilogy.

Ah yes.
Fair point.
Tho I was still imagining JJā€™s initial vision for RoS to beā€¦ wellā€¦ RoS but with Snoke instead of Palpatine, more or less.

1 Like

After watching all three sitcoms, I in fact enjoyed Parks and Rec and Community more than I did The Office.

2 Likes

Parks and Rec is so good

3 Likes

Agreed

1 Like

Just found this topic, andā€¦ I have a lot of unpopular opinions about movies. :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™ll start with this one: The Legend Reborn is actually one of the most solid Bionicle movies, right up until the climax scene (Tuma fight, and everything after).

Until that point, thereā€™s nothing wrong with it.

3 Likes

Well, this is the place for them! Welcome!

Iā€™m the same way, hence my creating of the topic.

In my opinion, Legend Reborn has the best animation out of all the Bionicle movies. I personally never really liked the Miramax style, and I prefer the set-accurate style of Legend Reborn.