Unrealistic Wishes for Bionicle

@fangface1 That’s the thing that restricts Bionicle though. The fan base is no longer children, so there’s no reason for it to be catered to children. And let’s be honest, there was plenty of Pg-13 stuff in the books. If any of the 2006 books were to be adapted, almost all of the action and nearly everything from Legacy of Evil would need to be toned way down. Bionicle doesn’t attract new fans anymore, and just because we all got into it as children doesn’t mean it needs to continue targeting the same demographic. If a franchise can’t grow, it’s doomed to fail. But of course this is 100% hypothetical, the original story is finished.

4 Likes

I see some truth to this, but I don’t know. I think if Bionicle was a film franchise or tv series it would be best to start out PG/TV-PG and then the later ones can representing the darker side of Bionicle could be PG-13/TV-14. In all honesty we know that wouldn’t work because Lego has to market to kids because they can’t just market to this niche group of older fans who already had Bionicle. Though that’s the point of this topic right :stuck_out_tongue:?

4 Likes

I think that a PG series that’s mature enough to appeal to fans like us as well as younger fans would be great. Transformers: Prime is a good example of such a series. (Side note: there is Energon blood seen on-screen in that series. Edgy.)

Honestly, if LEGO would just do more or less with Bionicle what Hasbro’s been doing with Transformers, the line could take off again and become a mainstay.

6 Likes

Although, you don’t have to have to have a high rating to have darker stuff. I mean look at Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra; TLA had darker aspects like an entire culture being slaughtered and the central plot of the story revolves around a war where thousands have died.

TLoK has darker aspects as well, with the prospect of ten thousand years of darkness and even has people killed on screen, specifically in Book 3.

So, you don’t need to have TV-14 to have darker content if you do it right.

6 Likes

For it to have G2 Exo Toa.

1 Like

Very true. Avatar and Korra both displayed that so I know it can be done. What I was thinking was more akin to Harry Potter and how it became a bit more violent as well as dark. I’m perfectly fine with it staying PG in the same kind of way as Transformers Prime, I think that would suit Bionicle well. Transformers Prime, Avatar, and Korra all are rated TV-Y7 (although in my opinion, Korra should be rated TV-PG). If we ever got TV-14 I wouldn’t mind though, as it makes sense in some points of the story. However, I never want Bionicle to be TV-MA. The last thing we need is Bionicle to become the next Tokyo Ghoul or Akame Ga Kill.

4 Likes

But it could be the next Game of Thrones! /s
Actually cut out the inappropriate scenes and that would be decent

3 Likes

I think it would be simply in bad taste. Bionicle just doesn’t need that level of violence in my opinion.

2 Likes

I kind of hope that if the next Constraction line isn’t Bionicle G3, it’s Slizers G2
But that’s definitely unrealistic.
I think 2016’s Technic/CCBS mix applied to that would be awesome

4 Likes

My understanding is that LEGO isn’t planning on doing another constraction line next year.

3 Likes

yeah, its possible that LEGO will ither take a break from Constraction, or its possible that they might cancel Constraction entirly given how poorly it have done recently.

3 Likes

Yeah, part of why my wish is unrealistic. Ah well. :confused:

2 Likes

Or they’re pulling a Ninjago on us, so they can probably bring the theme back to its full potential.

(another unrealistic wish, probably)

6 Likes

G2 told as a high-profile videogame, not unlike the new Transformers games.

6 Likes

Sell the movie rights to Fox/Sony/Disney or someone. Let them make an epic movie. Make toys to co-inside with the movie. Repeat for sequels.

Bionicle G3 which has a main villain that is not Makuta. (Seriously, every time the Makuta dies, Bionicle ends. Noticed that?)

To start again.

3 Likes

Obviously this will never happen.
G1:
. Artakha set
. Getting a name for the Mask of Creation
. Pre-mutation Karzahni set
. Know what happen to the Tuyet Empire universe
. Robot Mata Nui or Makuta set
. Never revive dead characters
. Velika in his Great Being form
. Getting news from Greg again
G2:
. A third year
. MoC released in trans-purple
. Makuta released like his MM form from JTO
. Gali’s translucent master mask being not so rare to even find
. MoCreation released in “infected colors”, much like Kopaka’s Uniter mask
. Release the pieces that comes in the Throne Makuta (like the golden Skrall armour or
the G2 head in trans orange)
. The titan and villager size MoUP by LEGO (both in golden and black)
. The Mask of Time
. Purple bohrok eyes being cheap :frowning:

4 Likes

Get re-releases of old sets on occasions would be nice, but yeah, not realistic at all.

Also I’d wish stuff like the red star and velika becoming a great being be completely erased to see where the story would have gone if those things never happened.

3 Likes

very unrealistic sets that would be cool:
(most of these are characters that only had comic appearances or are different forms of characters that had sets)
baterra
elemental lords (especially water)
unmutated karzahni
bota magna dinos
black water brutaka
melding universe terrie
tren krom’s cave and morbuzakh playsets (especially because there were no minifigs for the toa phantoka or metru)
tohunga takua and maku’s boat
ewok village style le-koro playset (this could possibly work at full scale)

3 Likes

In this vein I’d like to pepper in a Vahki transport set and an airship

and a special edition all-transparent Toa Vakama set

1 Like