Shadow Titan Teridax

It is time! The newly upgraded and refined Teridax is here! The background paper was too small as I ran out so the photos are a little too close up and I could not get the exact photos I wanted but I tried, the last three photos were much too big for the paper so they were done without a background. I literally took the whole thing apart originally because of a defect in the legs but then after fixing that I took him apart and rebuilt him, I even gave him torso this time instead of a chest on legs. He is sturdier, bigger and more proportionate then ever before, standing taller from 12.5" to now 14"! I also updated Takanuva to match his increased height, Takanuva is now 7" tall. So my version of shadow titan Teridax comes with staff of darkness, shadow blade and new hammer called LIGHTS BANE of which there are 3 versions of now. Teridax stands 12.5 inches tall with no hindrance of articulation and great stability, I recently added the weapons holster connection which can hold the sword, staff and hammer. I also designed my Takanuva with new limbs and body so he is exactly 6.5" tall which puts him half the height of Teridax, who is meant to be roughly 14 feet tall in the story or twice the height of a toa who are stated to be 7 feet. (These seventeen photos are of the finalized and completed version.)

(These five below this point are of the third version.)

(These two below this comment are of the second version.) (These two are of the first version.)
I was lucky to have just enough black axle pins so I did not have to use any blue axle parts thankfully. This is how i personally would like to see him in comics and movies etc and is my Bionicle pride and joy.

106 Likes

Whoooooooooooooooooooa. He’s big.

3 Likes

Though clunky, it is epic and I wouldn’t like to mess with him.

Also, nice going keeping the look and design elements of the original makuta set

2 Likes

Seems really bulky, but other than that it’s pretty good.

2 Likes

This is super impressive. Great work.

3 Likes

It’s… Beautiful

2 Likes

Correct me if im wrong, but it looks like the core of the build is almost entirely Maxillos, colours and all. Still looks pretty good though for what it is

3 Likes

if you look at the original Teridax set (Makuta 8593 and Maxilos 8924) they have nearly identical color placement with the grey, red, gunmetal, black and silver so it seemed ideal to use frame work from the Maxilos design and also because the ab crunch works. Almost every character in Bionicle is using another characters parts or colors anyway so…Here is the original Teridax mainly for anyone reading that doesn’t remember the color placement:

4 Likes

Why is it looking at its feet in every shot? All I can see that way is an upside-down face.

2 Likes

I kind of looked at it as if when someone is mad their head is angled down with thier eyebrows down but since he doesn’t have any eyebrows that was my way of showing it and since he is a tall character he would be looking down at opponents. If you would like I can take some photos of the head looking up more. It is an achievable pose. I also never liked the other way you can display the mask…But that’s my opinion you like what you like.

3 Likes

I absolutely love the strong burley look.

3 Likes

Dang, I really like this guy! I love the poses you put him into, and for some reason I really like those hooks on the feet. :stuck_out_tongue:

The only downfalls of this guy, I think, are the slightly cluttered textures and the hands. As with most MOCs using the old system sometimes the many various textures can get mixed up, and I’m not entirely sure where you could go about fixing it. As for the hands, I feel that they look somewhat messy, large and incomplete; I feel like they need something to cover up the exposed technic.

Anyway, in spite of these flaws I still love this thing.

4 Likes

So, so…AWESOME!

3 Likes

I went through 7 different hand designs before using the current one and no matter what it looked cluttered, every part I tried to smooth it out just ended up looking too clunky or awkward, I just wanted the 5 articulated fingers with a strong connection, i tried lol and the way they are now the fingers are much more sturdy, they never come loose or swivle left or right like the hydraxon finger connecters did, and some people like the less textured and smooth look but I personally like when builds are busy and filled with little extra colored details,pins,axles and the like and I figured it would translate well in a makuta design, since the Makuta are energy in armor and not biomechanical in the story.

6 Likes

So frickin coooool!!! This is a perfect Teridax rendition, this is how I will imagine him when I read about him, very very intricate and amazing! I love it!!

2 Likes

Right!? His set and film rendition had a pot belly and scrawny arms…for his Calibre of character his design before this one made zero sense to me. If you could not tell he is my favorite to read about…lol

2 Likes

Loving the proportions, the textures clash too much imo but other than that it’s great

3 Likes

It’s entirely personal bias from nostalgia, but I just can’t bring myself to see Teri in this, the color balancing is actually pretty much spot on for him, but while the build is solid it just misses too many of his visual elements for me, the beefy build is just so different, and the textures are drastically different, the biggest problem I have is that it’s completely missing my favorite part of his design with the upper body armor and how it’s, as I’ve seen it, massive pauldrons flowing smoothly into the chestplate.
Basically, the build is a little cluttered looking, but it’s alright, I just don’t like it as Teridax.

6 Likes

The tubes and the one ccbs shell just stick out for me. I don’t know it I’m just being crazy or not though

2 Likes

This is an amazing revamp. Good job.

3 Likes