Updated: Sarukai mordraxus demon sin of wrath

That’s solid red?

It is either the light, or you painted those pieces. I’ve never seen that armor shell before. Anyway, the brighter red steals the show and looks like part of the armor, instead of part of the dark cloth.

Wait youve never seen a normal star wars armor shell before how? Also yes I painted him myself

1 Like

First, CCBS. Second, I’ve never seen that armor shell in a red that bright.

This explains a lot. Why you didn’t just used the regular red? I would have been a little bit closer to the cape. I get that you like to paint your pieces, but you are doing this in situation that doesn’t require painting, like this one. I am pretty sure those shells exists in normal red.

Please remember to be respectful to other members when critiquing MoC’s ~Hawkeye

That is normal red

This Moc honestly isn’t that great. All the proportions are way too long, the legs have too little detail, and the feet look odd. However, I do like that sword.

Would you prefer if the armor shells were gone cuz if it was revealing a lot then what is the point of armor

Think anime. That’s all I have to say.

1 Like

Wow, fantastic backdrop. I love the moc and the sword especially! I don’t know why people are saying it’s too long.

I gotta say, I like this. Reminds me of the stuff I tried my hand at making, just a billion times better XD

Colour scheme is surprisingly well done, and though I agree with most everyone here saying the proportions are a little off, I also don’t subscribe to the “EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE HUMAN PROPORTIONS TO BE GOOD” frame of mind. In fact, I think the only real issue is that he’s rail-thin, and it makes for a bit of an awkward look.

Outside of that… I’m not jealous I swear, I just wish I had the skills/time/patience/pieces to make stuff, especially that cape. That cape is the bomb.

~Hawkeye

4 Likes

Noone is saying that mocs need to follow humanoid proportions to an inch. But we’re building a character fcs.

There’s a difference between stylizing proportions to achieve a certain look and clearly just not caring. What determines if the proportions are right is, does it fit the character?

Look at proportions of Batman in DC’s animation. you have this look where the legs are sorta skinny and the body and arms are wider. The proportions make him look strong, he’s standing very straight and overall looks heroic.
If you look at some sneaky villains, they may have longer arms and fingers, a skinny figure and a hunched back.
These adjustements to proportions bring out character. Imo, the way too long torso just looks really awkward and makes the figure look stiff.

4 Likes

@KAI_BORG @MorbidFlambeSteak @Kini_Hawkeye @Kalmah_Ren @Monopoly ive updated the post to have all angles and two poses of him holding the sword

PS: I also took the liberty to update his armor a bit mainly the legs and I shortened the arms a bit and took out the chest piece on the one shoulder hope you like the view of him from all sides (yes I know his cloak is just laying there on the ground its supposed to be like he’s about to fight he detaches the cloak and yes he lets it drop mostly cuz one of his allies usually just grabs it for him)

Also really appreciate that Hawkeye the cloak wasn’t anything really too special just and old cut off piece of an old red ■■■■■ I had

1 Like

I definitely used to do the same kind of stuff, though I always went with my mom and bought like… a foot of fabric to cut up off a roll. Quite a few of my MoC’s incorporated that, mostly to help hide my hideous work :stuck_out_tongue:

I like the updates! The arms look a tad long still but at the same time I don’t know if it necessarily bothers me looking at it stylistically. Mostly, I’ve got to say that I’m impressed with the fact that there are really no noticeable gaps in the build.

Then again, I’m an old timer. This new CCBS stuff is alien to me, so who knows, maybe it’s not impressive anymore… either way, I like it, and there’s a ton of potential here to improve as time goes on!

1 Like

I used actually got some technic in him not just ccbs just a few techniques and yeah I tried to make it so his arms only came down to the middle of his thigh but I’m fine with it RN it looks a bit better especially the waist armor that comes down I’m happy that I decided to make that shorter then it was and yeah I hide some ugly with the cloth pieces sometimes since sarukais thigh connection just looks unpleasing to me so I had too

1 Like

No, it is a little brighter. But again, you could have just used the real pieces.

Updates? Let’s see…
Looking at the updates
I must admit that the moc looks much better, I still dislike the double-jointed arms and the painted/covered in clay pieces (I don’t know, they just make me feel uncomfortable, especially the ones on the back, which I think are useless). The colour scheme is better, but still a little too diversified for my eyes: gold and red and brown and black and silver. I would replace the brown with black, the gold with silver, and I think it would be better.
I also found another con: the textures. There are so many pieces with different textures in this moc: from the extremely detailed masks to the plain CCBS shells, to the lego plates/bricks (I am not sure if those are plates of bricks). While some pieces are desperately trying to steal the show, other seem flat and out of the place.
However, now I have a better opinion about this moc. It changed from 2/10 to 5/10.

The edit really helps. The bricks on the legs really throw me off, but aside from that, It looks very anime-y.

1 Like

The system on the legs is cuz I think the uniter pieces are ugly

And @Toa_Vladin think gundam kits when you look at the arms also there is no clay on this moc and no i was going for armor that has accented colors on it

1 Like

I don’t watch Gundman, but even if I would, it would not change my opinion: the double jointed arms are ugly.

It looked to me more as clay than paint.

Can you quote the part of my original post where you responded with this, because I don’t really see it as a response.