Vahtou V9 [2017]

Here’s another MOC revamp, folks. Once again Vahtou, but improved thanks to the constructive criticism given to me. Feel free to gander and may the force be with you. N’ stuff.

67 Likes

There could be some more gold on the upper legs, but as a whole I really do enjoy this MOC.

1 Like

Boy has he changed. Firstly I commend the new head design, which really gives him more of an intimidating presence- that, and the addition of the wings. Something about the distribution of the gold feels a little off towards the waist and thighs, but the colors are solid otherwise.

2 Likes

@AdamusTheFirst @Stoax Thanks! Now that you mention it, a lil gold there won’t hurt. Maybe I can add a filler or a sticker there to fill in the blank.

@Alieraah helped me with the head, actually. It’s her design.

Looks really nice but the chains make it cluttered a bit

1 Like

@LTVmocs It kinda does, yeah.

1 Like

Really well-detailed; one question: what’re the Ninjago Earth symbols doing on his arms? Seems odd, and as a Ninjago fan, they distracted my interest more than anything. Not saying they’re bad, but what’s the ‘story’ behind them?

Very intricately detailed as before, but obviously with a slightly more insectoid vibe (the wings, the head with ‘antennae’ (at least that’s what I saw in it). Overall it is excellent.

1 Like

Looks pretty good!

@Mistah_Grammaticul There’s no true story behind them. I just cut them out, because I saw them as a cool symbol…

2 Likes

The Ninjago Cole stickers seem a little out of place, but the rest is very nice. Nicely done!

1 Like

I really like the eyes :ok_hand:

I always did like the combination of black, gold, and trans green, and this pulls it off beautifully.

1 Like

I love all of the greenling and detailing.

@Rocka99 @DannyBoyy I don’t know why, but I love the color pigment of green that Lego uses for their translucent green parts.

1 Like

The colors are nice, and the shaping is beautiful. I especially like the decals. I think the upper legs would look nice with some as well.

1 Like

This MOC looks pretty good. I think the color scheme is good, the build looks solid, and his visual aesthetic is excellent. Also I like the fabric present. I don’t see that many MOCs using fabric for extras.

My only complaints are very few. It’s probably just me, but the MOC when seen from further away looks a little too busy. But again, that’s probably just me so it don’t take it too seriously. Second thing is that I feel the green easily overshadowed by the black and bold. But is that really a bad thing? We don’t want to clutter up the color scheme. Again, don’t take that too seriously (considering I cannot make up my mind).

1 Like

I hope you didnt say c and c because that requires flaws in the moc

1 Like

The more i look at him the more I like him. He is really cluttered though

1 Like

I have to agree, I love using that color too.

1 Like