VeggieTales

Surprised this topic hasn’t been made yet.

First released in 1993, VeggieTales was an attempt to answer the age-old question: Will children be more likely to understand Christian values if they’re taught by anthropomorphized fruits and vegetables?

I assume they succeeded.

Characterized by its humorous dialogue, shout-outs and parodies of literature and film, and classic ability to shove musical numbers anywhere acceptable, VeggieTales was a hit (I think.) I was surprised to find that Some people are VeggieTales G1ers just like me, and if you are one, then here’s a place to discuss what made it awesome and how the new series is inferior in every way. (Or if you’re a VeggieTales G2er you can explain why it isn’t so bad.)

(Also try to keep religious discussion to a minimum, there’s a lot of other stuff about VeggieTales that you can talk about besides what we have learned)

14 Likes

Yep. That is all.

23 Likes

I still watch this show.

7 Likes

I used to watch this show…and I do not anymore…

so does Hawky.
3 Likes

I learned that the best songs are about throwing people in lion dens

7 Likes

Ah man! those are the best!

######/s

WHY DO THEY HAVE COLORED EYES!?
I cried when I first saw this picture…
#;-;

12 Likes

I never saw all the episodes by any means, but I loved all the ones I did see (and still watch it on the rare occasion I catch it on TV). The only one I owned a tape of was the one @Calvatron mentioned, about Daniel and the lion’s den. (For that reason, the Water Buffalo Song is still my favorite Silly Songs with Larry segment.)

7 Likes

I’ve seen all the old ones and most of the newer ones (newer G1 ones, I mean). VeggieTales is my childhood. I owned a lot of them on tape. Larry Boy was my fav. The Rumor Weed freaked the heck out of me, though.

4 Likes

Broccoli, Celery, something, something, something, Veggietales

3 Likes

Since I live far far far far far far far far far far far far far away from USA I never even knew that this was a thing…
I saw something like this on the Simpsons where they mentioned them, but I thought that it was some kind of a parody of some kids’ TV shows.
I still don’t even understand why was this a thing…
This whole thing makes me more hungry than want to learn more about Christianity…

6 Likes

Oh man, it’s been awhile…

I did enjoy veggie tale when I was younger. I guess you could call me a G1’er, but I watched the old VHS taped in the early 2000’s. The humor was grand the religious aspect was woven in smoothly.

4 Likes

VeggieTales!! :smiley:
I used to love this show! I don’t think I’ve really seen that much of it but I saw “Where’s God when I’m s-scared?”, and the one about the fib… I can’t really remember the other ones besides the songs. (Especially Silly Songs with Larry. I’d say my favorite one was “I love my lips!”)
Also I HATE how they gave Larry the hanging out tooth in the redesign.

4 Likes

wait a minute… There’s a G2? (scrolls down)

GAaAAaaAaAaAaaAaAaAaAaAA!!! (runs away not knowing how to comprehend this)

6 Likes

My family owns almost all of them. My youngest brother watches them a lot.

Larryboy.

6 Likes

I. Am. That. Hero!

3 Likes

Reminds me of

2 Likes

I really loved this show, as well as 3, 2, 1, Penguins, which was basically the same thing but space penguins.
I don’t watch it currently, but I still really like the song.
I personally like G2.
And that’s all I gatta say.

4 Likes

I loved these as a kid when I was sick during Sunday. It would watch this in bed so I could get my sunday teachings in.

3 Likes

Love Veggietales to death.

Anybody else remember the song Stand from Rack, Shack and Benny episode? Here’s an early Skillet rock cover I found recently:

7 Likes