Ven’s AMA

Yo Ven!

This AMA has a lot to read through so I’m hoping this hasn’t been asked in awhile:

What kind of things inspire your beat choices when you’re making music? And what has been your favorite song (that we’ve heard) to make so far?

Hi Ven, Big Fan of your work,

I just had a question about Biocraft. Was there, at any point, issues with you being locked in a cage for days during the scenes in which Ahkmou is imprisoned? I’ve heard horror stories of actors being locked up for days.

Also, was the scream that you let out in Ahkmou’s final scene carefully acted or a result of method acting?

Genuinely curious about both of those. Also, (I know, I know, but I have so much I want to know!!!) How do you feel about one of your Biocraft Tracks being labelled “Explicit?” Was it because of the behind the scenes partnership with Snoop Dogg and Eminem that didn’t pan out, or was it some more nefarious situation?

I look forward to your answers,
Your Number One Fan :smiley:

1 Like

Get in line

1 Like

I am the Senate Line :stuck_out_tongue:

~Hawkeye

1 Like

This is so sad

Ven, can we get five likes?

2 Likes

Hey @Ven, want write a new theme song to my channel?

Did you like voicing Pridak or Matau more?

What’s your opinion on Donny Cates’ current Venom run?

1 Like

If you could write the film score for any film in existence, which one would it be?

Also, now that you have a spotify account, are you going to be putting anything else up there like hard cotton?

1 Like

I quite like how the musical themes build over the course of the film. What was your reasoning for naming the BioCraft: Chronicles score tracks in sequence “Destiny”, “Duty”, “Unity”; instead of UDD?

How’d you come up with the name [High / Affinity] or am I mistaken and that’s the publisher

Sometimes I just come up with melodies at the most random and inconvenient of times, other times I play a few chords until I come up with something to go with them, other times I’ll take inspiration from another source. In the instance of BioCraft, it’s mostly been the latter two.

My favorite song to come from it all has been Destiny. It was the first song I ever made for the project back in 2011, so to me it’s pretty much the BioCraft theme song. The version you hear in the movie is a complete remake with some new liberties attached. I actually based most of the soundtrack on the chord progressions from Destiny. It’s because I made Destiny that every other track should sound like they belong together, and it sets up just the right sound I want for BioCraft.

why hello my dear

yes i can confirm i was locked in a cage prior to the biocraft release hence my absence from social media (asides from a few tweets about biocraft obv)

method acting is the only method to act

and i swear i thought i cut out that rap segment before release owell

sure if i’m paid :smiley:

Matau because he wasn’t attached to a bad project.

I haven’t read a Venom comic in a little over a year so I can’t really say.

The Spider-Man movies. Or really any Marvel movie besides Avengers. But mostly Spider-Man, simply because he’s had so many memorable themes in other media, I would want them to be better reflected in his movies! And yes, I do plan to add more music to Spotify!

Well, I named the songs according to what virtue they reflected in the movie, and I also wanted the tracklist to reflect the timing of the songs as they appear in the movie… But then this would have resulted in DUD, so I chose to reverse the whole thing instead. You still get the idea anyway.

Kevin Hinkle called us “high affinity LEGO fans”, or something to that effect. It sounded really cool, and we figured it actually made for a perfect band name.

3 Likes

What’s your favorite Bionicle song/soundtrack?

What LEGO Theme would you personally like to see rebooted besides Bionicle?

Honestly, probably the BIONICLE Heroes theme. It always gets in my head somehow, and I love it.

I would love to see Exo-Force come back! Dino attack too.

5 Likes

Dude Exo-Force and Dino attack would be sweet. Alpha Team maybe at one one point too? Man those are good themes.

What are your 3 favorite types of bread categorized by toastability, sandwichability, and taste?

1 Like

Why aren’t you guys making anymore Top 10s? I really enjoyed these and still re-watch them at this point sometimes. I always though a “Top 10 Most Valuable Bionicle Masks” was something that was missing from your Top 10s.

Will you ever do a MOC roast?

1 Like

Dutch crunch, dutch crunch, and dutch crunch.

Lack of motivation. When we first started the series, people were assigned to specific lists. It became a little less fun when you’re pressured into recording a top 10 you didn’t really care about.

Nah, I’ve already done enough damage with older episodes of the MOC spotlight. If I go all out… It’ll be a bloodbath.

In all seriousness, I genuinely just don’t want anyone to feel insulted for their creative abilities. I want you all to be motivated! Not discouraged.

2 Likes

Hey Ven are you going to do any mocspotlight videos on Mocs from the BioCup? Or anything similar in regards to the BioCup?