Venom Movie

My friend did

“Can you see us down here, oh Lord?”-NF

This film can be summed up in it’s trash with one lime
“I am also a loser like you!”

OK, let’s be honest here: nobody watched Venom expecting it to be a masterpiece. And I mean nobody. We all expected it to have flaws, mainly due to the lack of marketing. All we wanted tk get was a dark and edgy movie with symbiots fighting the crap out of each other. And we got just that.
If you think at it, yes. Venom has bad writing and bad phasing. I am pretty sure that was because of the budget, tho I can’t confirm it. However everybody I know who watched this movie liked it. It’s just an unharmful summer blockbuster with freaking aliens eating heads of still alive humans. This is what we wanted from this movie, and this is what we got.
Dialogue may be a problem of this movie, but its not that bad actually. The line you gave as an example itself was not that bad. It just a loser telling another loser that is a loser. Sure, Venom himself doesn’t seem to be a loser (for us) just like Eddie himself didn’t seem to be a loser at the beginning of the movie, but I strongly believe it is the best they could get for such a minor scene in a film like Venom.
I really can’t remember one critic that ranted Venom without then adding “however, it was still awesome to watch”. I myself came to this movie after Infinity War and Fallout and let me tell you: it was the only movie that I willingly shut my brain off and watched it just for thr action. I really don’t regret paying to see it. It is a guilty pleasure of mine, and of a lot of people. To be honest, I find this movie more watchable than half of the other MCU movies and (aside of the obvious plotholes) I would even see it as part of it.
As a result, Venom is not trash. It’s one of those bad movies that you watch anyway. Like The Room, tho Venom is better. This is why the world wants a sequel so much, and rightfully so.

4 Likes

Wow, I agree with pretty much everything here. (except maybe the MCU part, but I’d rather watch Venom than half of them anyways)

I didn’t go to Venom expecting Sony’s version of Infinity War. I honestly saw the reviews and expected a really bad movie. I went because I wanted to see my favorite super villain in action, especially considering how little we had of him in Spider-Man 3.

And what do you know, I was surprised. Venom was really fun to watch, and I enjoyed it a million times more than the 20% it got on Rotten Tomatoes.

Added to that, I have not had to defend Venom. Last Jedi, of course, Endgame, Homecoming, and more, but Venom… I haven’t really spoken with anyone who didn’t like the movie. Sure, dialogue is lacking…

R: Venom, get on the rocket!

V: No! We will not let you destroy this planet!

R: Then die!

…but then again, it’s genuinely hilarious. And, my second favorite Star Wars movie is Revenge of the Sith, so…

1 Like

I literally laughed at that part.

1 Like