Ven's M.O.C. Topic

As I recall from our discussion, it was do to my character’s background as an unfinished proof-of-concept or “beta” Toa. You could also use this description as a way to explain some of the janky bits, though I don’t intend to outright discredit anyone’s criticisms. It also works because I’ve been on a bit of a pirate kick lately.

As for the swords, I think that came after you decided to go the pirate-esque direction. In actuality my OC carries a pair of lighter maces, but those would probably be harder to build and still fit well with the MOC’s colors, so I am perfectly fine with this.

In any case, I am no MOCist so I can’t offer any real criticisms, constructive or otherwise. I just think it looks awesome and I’m really glad we went with the black Arthron. What I can say is that I don’t know how conscious of a decision it was to give me eyes that color, but it works really well with the mask’s color.

3 Likes

Huh, this looks very good. I love the thighs and torso builds, but I’m not sure about the backpack greebling. The black Arthron looks boss.

• The torso is amazing, looks very fluent and organized, not all over the place like a lot of mocs.

• All the armor fits nicely and doesn’t seem to get in the way with
    anything.

• The arms are simple but simple doesn’t mean it’s a bad thing. The
    swords are, again, simple but nice.

• The weird foot does seem… Out of place and awkward but you have
    already regarded this so I won’t go into detail about it.

• The color scheme is indredible, black and yellow is always awesome.

• The hooks on the back are a great idea and they look really cool, the
    chain goes nicely with the moc aswell. The back (in some photos)
    looks quite large and awkward with the foot.

• The mask is simply amazing, the eyes really stand out from the rest
    of the moc but I feel they fit naturally and look good.

Overall, I love Takuma Nuva. The color scheme is great, the design is great, the mask… Is amazing. Out of Meso, Var and Takuma I have to say that I think Takuma Nuva is your best. 8.5/10, love it!

Appearance: 4/5 The arms look a little skinny and the peg leg could be better.

Build: 4/5 (I can’t really see the torso build…)

Concept: 3/5 The pirate theme doesn’t come through on much else than the peg leg.

Overall: 11/15 Very good MOC man! That mask is DA BOMB! The color scheme is sweet too! I love that MOC.

1 Like

900/10
-Needs more MLP

How to build EXX:
Attach arms to the Kahu/Gukko bird.

I’ll be honest…I kinda expected a bit more from someone like you.

He’s not bad by any means, but the arms and (normal) lower leg seem kinda bland, the peg leg design looks a bit awkward, and the back seems to be protruding a little too much. Color scheme could use some work too. Way too much black on the legs after the 50-50 distribution of black and yellow on the torso. I’m also getting a nagging feeling that the mask should be yellow, but I’m a little more on the edge there.

6/10

I await whatever edits you make.

Well hey, I never marketed myself as one of the best MOCists out there. Just the best one at TTV, which doesn’t say much… :stuck_out_tongue:

But I appreciate your critique, and I will gladly take it into consideration whenever I get around to working on Takuma again. :smile:

5 Likes

This is awesome! And thankfully I have almost all the peices to try to make a MOC of my tied for 1st host! But yah this is great and kinda works with all the other hosts Mocs! Great job venom! 10/10 would look at and smile again! :smile:

Thanks bud! Glad you like it!

Hey everyone, I decided to update the topic with another creation of mine. This one is my own interpretation of Mata-Nui’s physical appearance. I built it a loooong time ago, while we had the TTV chatroom thing going on, but just like the Takuma MOC, I never got around to posting it.

So yeah, there it is as it looks at the moment. Check out the first post for the pictures and such. I’m pretty proud of this one, but I can definitely see that there’s room for improvement in the future, so I’ll still have to call it a work in progress. =P

I look forward to your thoughts! (And please ignore the crappy quality of the pics!)

4 Likes

That Mata Nui looks amazing. I really wish we got that. :smile:

ok,

but why the big makuta wings?
they look rather, evil, do they not?

I mean, the rest is fitting, but the wings give me tone whiplash.

Overall I like it;

Appearance: 5/5 The only complaint I have is the 2015 mask makes the neck seem to far back, so stick with the Hau.

Build: 5/5 From what I can see it’s very solid and steady.

Concept: 4/5 Except for the wings it conveys Mata Nui very well. I would proably say this was meant to be Mata Nui if I hadn’t seen the name. That said the wing are the main point where I get hung up I would say drop them.

Overall: 14/15 Man that MOC is awesome! If it weren’t for the wings I would have given it a perfect score! I cannot express how awesome this MOC is!

That’s not at all how I envisioned Takuma, but hey, it is now! As far as the moc goes, it’s on par with your other cast member mocs. AKA, gr8 m8.

That Mata Nui though, that’s majestic. Cutting out all the l33t speak and joking, I’d give it a solid 9.5/10.

Alright, time to say what I think on Mata Nui…

I freaking love it.

I really, really like the build you went with. It definitely invokes the titan look. I also really like how you made him big. I always love big MOCs. And those wings look pretty cool too. Jumping back to the build though, I also love how looks big, yet sturdy and strong.

But… I am not quite sure how I feel about the all Silver look. I am torn because I think it looks bland. BUT, this is what you imagined Mata Nui looking like. So to be fair, I won’t count the color scheme against the MOC. Plus I can see Mata Nui being silver. Another area I am not sure on is the wings. But they look stable enough. And The weapon looks a little small for the MOC to me, but it looks like it works.

But overall, I give this MOC a 9/10

Yeah I totally agree about the silver, it’s totally a bland color scheme. It’s SOLEK’s color scheme for crying out loud. But at the same time, I can’t help but see Mata-Nui with this color scheme. It just feels so fitting to me.

And yeah, I knew the wings would get some mixed feedback due to their… Sinister appearance. I just thought it looked cool. I forgot to mention it, but I actually thought up this MOC through a small doodle I made to get my idea on paper, literally. If I ever find it, I’ll post it here. At the time, I thought it really worked with the design, maybe not so much for the character though. =P

6 Likes

Call me out if I’m being a bufoon, but I don’t see any brown in these here photos…

1 Like

Oh. I meant black. :laughing:

1 Like

Wow, I want to kneel before that Mata Nui :stuck_out_tongue:

I like Takuma. The yellow and black work well together, and painted masks are always cool to see. That chain is nice, and the armoring is really creative too. Superb usage of yellow parts as well.

The paint on that Arthron is so convincing, I actually stopped to search if it was included in any real sets.

1 Like