Vestriss

Welp, I’m posting MOCs here again.

(Don’t make me regret this)

Enjoy!

RT~

85 Likes

Sweet! Nothing here I don’t love. Is that a custom head and mask?

1 Like

Awesome MOC! The color scheme is great - especially the mask details! I also love the greebles on the torso. From the front everything looks super clean, wish there was a pic of the back. Can’t really tell, but the legs might have a few gaps in the back, but the front is pretty well done. I notice the arms are standard ccbs. While it keeps textures similar, I think there could be some more detail if you went with g1, technic or fully custom. The weapons are nice, I like the use of sword blasters. While it might be too many weapons total, I think it would be awesome to see an additional weapon like a rifle styled blaster. That way the MOC could have a weapon with the same kinds of greebles that are on the chest

On the note of returning to the Message Boards, welcome back! I hope it goes well for you. I too am - kinda - returning after something of a year long hiatus. Best of luck!

3 Likes

I’m not a large fan of the monochrome color scheme, but I do like the painted purple highlights. The purple is also inconsistent, with the transparent shells on the legs. I really like her dual pistols with the bayonet. Another good thing is the positioning of the shoulder armor and the waist skirt, it gives it a samurai influence. Great MOC!

1 Like

Thanks! As for the head and mask, they’re “painted”

@JordanWill Thanks! I originally intended for her to maybe have a larger weapon, but parts constraints are a thing and I honestly just wanted to get the MOC finished.

As far as the boards are concerned, I’ve been around, never really went super inactive. I just stopped posting MOCs for whatever reason.

@Miraku Thank you! I’m not sure what you mean about the purple on the legs. And as for the color scheme, I intended on including white (which was a feature of her past versions) though I could never figure out where to put it or what to do. Food for thought I guess.

I meant the translucent purple on the arms and legs is not consistent with the details on the helmet and hero core. Sorry about the confusion!

1 Like

It’s awesome but the arms are short.

1 Like

I really like this. The monochrome look along with the little bits of purple scattered throughout the moc give it a really interesting look. It’s hard to really find anything to complain about. Nice job.

1 Like

I see, it personally doesn’t bother me (this sort of stuff is pretty commonplace in HF) but I get what you mean. Ideally they would be trans purple but…ya know.

Thanks! It’s kinda a weird situation with the arms, yeah.[quote=“BioKnight, post:8, topic:43764”]
really like this. The monochrome look along with the little bits of purple scattered throughout the moc give it a really interesting look. It’s hard to really find anything to complain about. Nice job.
[/quote]

Thanks man!

2 Likes

All I gotta say is two things.
One, amazing moc! Two, holy crap it’s a robo-samurai! (Or cyborg… and now all I can think of is RoboCop…)

1 Like

This is awesome! The mask, weapons, and colour scheme really blend together to create this great look.

1 Like

Lol it’s a robot. Thanks!

Thank ye.

2 Likes

Really nice MOC man. You’re one of very few people who makes really good HF MOCs in my opinion. Most people seem to either just use the default ccbs frame, or stray so far from the established aesthetic that it’s not even recognisable anymore. You’ve found a good mid-ground. I really like the torso shaping and leg armour too.

2 Likes

Thanks man! I certainly try.

Looks quite elegant. I really like the smooth shaping all over.

About the arms, like some pointed out, they could be a little longer. They’re not far off, since human arms generally reach mid-thigh in length, but they could reach 1 or 2 stud lengths lower. Maybe a longer bone in the forearm could solve that, though it might break the shaping on the arms.

1 Like

Why does it have to be so epic!

1 Like

Thanks man! As for the arms, I tried the longer bones but they seemed too long for me.

Because?

1 Like

Because it’s Awesome!

Except for the fact that it’s basically all silver.

Some transparent accents could help it a lot.

Trans light blue, orange, and purple especially.

1 Like

There’s already some purple, sure it’s scarce, but it’s there…maybe?

1 Like

Then maybe put more.

Maybe, just mabye