Video Game OST's

These are just some of my favorites pieces of music from games. I could probably go on but I don’t think I should completely flood this thread.

1 Like

When I think of video game music the first thing in my head is Halo. I still get nostalgia when I use the original Xbox disk and a really awesome guitar riff plays.

Recently however I’ve taken interest in DooM, Wasteland, The elder scrolls, Mass Effect, Dragon Age and others.

Fallout is an interesting case since it’s radio is not an OST it is a licensed asset and when you have listened to it as much as I have it gets annoying real quick.

The fallout background music is ok but it’s very subtle and hard to listen to outside of the game.

Anarchy Reigns has a super good ost. Lots of rap, but it’s really good rap (this is coming from someone who despises rap)

Many good memories

1 Like

I only listen to game and movie ost. I’m so done with modern “music”.

3 Likes

my favourite videogame original soundtruck

Most of the fan-game Megaman Unlimited is amazing. It sounds like original Megaman tunes from Capcom! This is the theme for the final boss. Just listen.

Download for game: http://megaphilx.com/?page_id=1003

That track is actually a chip tune version of the track “X vs Zero” from Megaman x5 (I think it has also been speed up.)

While I’m here I might as well also post some Momodora: Reverie under the moonlight music. I think that game has a great soundtrack.

It is, but if I am thinking right, it actually takes parts from all of Zero’s themes.

If it does (which I don’t think it does) it’s only tiny parts at most.

Right again I believe. I actually watched that video a while back to see if it mixes into the fangame song. I didn’t know by the end because it is literally 43 minutes long.
Anyhow, let’s get back on topic.

H3 ODST OST with rain is pretty great.

2 Likes

dude yes

Well, this is relevant to my most recent musical addiction that’s been on and off for the past two years. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: note to self, don’t use voice to text, addiction /=/ edition siri.

2 Likes

Bout time you finally owned up to it. XP

1 Like

Touhou
the music omg

I could go on but I don’t want this to end up being spam…
#But who cares!!

Hautaka, stop

##Hautaka!

#bad!!

#H A A A A U U U T A A A A K A A A ! ! !
sigh
fine.

Best video game ost?
Mnog
Mnog II
Bionicle heroes
Need for speed most wanted
All zelda games.

1 Like

Risk of Rain’s soundtrack is incredibly underrated. I haven’t seen it mentioned here so here are the highlights:

This one I can’t post directly because it has a swear word in the title, click through at your own discretion. Still, it’s probably my favorite out of the track listing though.

1 Like

I love the Fire Emblem Fates and Fire Emblem Awakening are easily my favorite soundtracks alongside Xenoblade Chronicles. Kid Icarus Uprising and Halo Reach had some great songs as well.

Here’s one: