Walmart

What do you think about Walmart? I live in a decently small town where the Walmart is pretty decent, but in larger cities they’re always crowded and messy. What’s your experience with the place?

1 Like

hot take walmart>target

1 Like

Wal-Mart is so…so…interesting.

Sometimes it’s a normal shopping experience, get in, get what you need, get out.

Other times it’s like walking into another dimension, where everyone is in a perpetual state of five 'o clock shadow, pajama bottoms, and people who have long since given up the ghost, and are only being propelled forwards through life because their blood is 88% caffeine. It’s the only place where I’ve seen a tall ginger man bolting across the store at full speed, with a gallon of milk, carton of eggs and a bunch of bananas cradled in his arms. The only place I’ve ever been involved in a shopping cart traffic jam with a Hispanic family and a family of dwarves. The only place where I had to wait several minutes in line for the self checkout because some duck dynasty looking dude was buying enough beer to kill a herd of elephants. It’s also the only place where I’ve been told to race the clock in my efforts to acquire a lint roller.

Every time I think I have a grasp on my area and the people who live here, I walk into a Wal-Mart, and find some of The darndest things mankind has to offer.

#####It’s beautiful.

12 Likes

I’ve always found Walmart to be a death trap for your wallet. You walk in with a list of five items that should take about ten minutes to get, and you walk out three hours later with $200 of groceries and things you probably don’t need.

2 Likes

The Walmart in Travelers Rest, SC, is a very important resource.

They sell Flex Tape there.

But I usually only go if I know there’s something that I need and I can’t think of a store that specializes in it. Or to look at the $5 CDs.

3 Likes

Oh, it’s my favorite place to go people-watching, honestly. Seeing the best that the town has to offer.

I mean, it helps my reasoning that it’s located in Bradford, PA(or as we call it, Detroit, Pennsylvania), but either way, it’s fun.

Also it’s where I got most of my LEGO sets and quite a few of my games from, so I like it for that reason as well.

1 Like

Walmart is interesting. I tend to prefer target for experience and clothing selection (I first started off what’s become my signature look there). It’s almost like Chevy VS Cadillac, Walmart’s been around longer but tends to be cheaper and more accessible, but target is slightly more on the luxury side (not a perfect comparison)

1 Like

I’ve gone to Walmart ever since I was a kid. Definitely place I’ve bought the most LEGO sets from. I won’t lie at times it almost feels like home when the layouts are familiar. I went to the Walmart in Washington DC though and it was quite a different experience from all the other ones I’ve been to

3 Likes

I’m sorry…

Back when that jerk Florence was on her way, my entire town decided unanimously to show up at Walmart and ransack the place. This same pattern happens every time it’s about to snow, because in North Carolina, the yearly light flurry/sleet storm always means the end times.

Oh right, the place is always like 4 months behind on Lego releases. I prefer Target.

2 Likes

I never was in an Walmart

1 Like

Living in a city that’s very populated causes Walmart’s to be weird
I avoid as much eye contact as when I go to the Lego store.

1 Like

I like Walmart.LEGO is cheaper there.Also,roughly 2014 or so,I saw a display case of glued LEGO Movie figures, which I found ironic.

4 Likes

Which can be useful if you missed a set

2 Likes

Great store. When it comes to Lego sets if I want them nee I’ll buy from Amazon. If I want them cheap, I’ll grab them from Wal-Mart. Not to mention they have great prices. There’s only one in my city I try to avoid, and it has garnerd the name Mugger-Mart for reasons that should be obvious. Otherwise, as long as you’re in a nice one, its the best place to buy any trivial item.

1 Like