Warhammer 40k: One Thousand Ways to Die

“This is Canoness Stalvern. We must retreat, General Winter is incapacitated, we have to now, or else we will lose too many forces here!” Sky said.

1 Like

“We can hold it ma’am, just get what needs doing done, it is our duty to serve” the Colonel in charge shouts

1 Like

Sky nodded. “The Emperor be with you.” She said, stepping on the dropship, cradling the general. “It will be okay…”

1 Like

Sargeant Miller runs aboard with her, “What now?”

1 Like

“We have to retreat… We’re going to Regal.” Sky explained.

Dambro and Julius stood on either flank of Vor Kang as they approached the council chambers of the largest hive on Regal. Their Thunderhawk wasn’t far behind them. They entered to hear the roars of angered nobles. Kang smiled. “Ahem.” He said, the presence of Astartes quieting them. He held up a dataslate and began to read.

“I am a representative on the behalf of Terra. You haven’t been keeping up to date with dispatching resources to the Imperium of Man, and we therefore are to oust whomever is in power for a short period of time until proper production is resumed.” Kang bellowed.

“Then what are the Astartes for!?” One cried out.

“They are to deal with the multitude of issues you have reported, such as the Orks currently slaughtering us at Rak Tann. Olivia Pierce, would you please explain why such an atrocity has run rampant? Why even when your production fell short, no request for aid?” Vor Kang asked, turning to the frail looking planetary governor.

“The Ork threat prompted the request. We thought it a disgrace to request aid in trivial things such as production.”

“Production? Trivial? Are you a heretic? These resources are supplying the Emperor’s finest, miss.” Vor Kang explained.

Olivia shrugged in reply.

“I will be the new leader of LR-4728 for now. Olivia, you shall be my assistant.” Kang said.

“Meddling legates,” Julius mumbles.

1 Like

Dambro nodded in agreement with Julius.

“Now, you were a Knight world, where is the local house?” Vor asked.

“Years ago, when the Tau laid siege to Gahlogali, they all migrated to the north. The eternal storm obscures what they are doing, and no one has cared enough to go up there.” Olivia explained.

“Captain Dambro shall see to it they return to destroy these Xenos, or slay them for heresy.” Vor Kang said.

“Very well.” Olivia nodded. Vor Kang nodded to the Astartes so they could begin their mission. Dambro turned and left.

Winter wakes up, “What? My head, Miller sitrep, where are our men”

“Holding the greentide back sir!”

“Good, I’ll be dam*** if I let a forge world of our Imperium fall on my watch”

“Sir, the men will die before they let that happen”

1 Like

Sky smiled, hugging the General.

“Julius, have you ever fought any traitors in your past?” Dambro asked.

1 Like

“No, just Orks and Genestealers. I’ve only recently become an astartes.”

1 Like

“Just like the rest of us. Kantor lost many at Rynn, and barely a hundred Battle Brothers remained. We are the result of his need to rebuild us as a formidable Chapter. I do hope however that the Knights have valid reason to come here, I would dread to do battle with them.” Dambro said. “Especially if my suspicion that they have fallen to heresy is true.”

Winter stands, cracking his neck, “Well, where is the captain? I need to speak with him”

1 Like

“Whether we see victory or others matters not. It is the Emperor’s will we fight our hardest should we face them. I, for one, would welcome the heretics so that I may dismember their leaders.”

2 Likes

“You are right, but I feel Kantor would prefer we have as little losses possible. That does not mean I will not be shackled in the face of the enemy for that reason.” Dambro said as they entered the Thunderhawk full of Space Marines. A squad exited to ensure the Adept’s safety.

“He is on Regal. Apparently…” Sky took a moment to analyze his location. “…He is heading North. If my suspicions are correct he is trying to investigate the Knights that once populated these worlds, until the Tau attacked.” She explained.

1 Like

“Put us down within muster distance from him, I want my shadowswords on the ground”

1 Like

“These Knights are carrying ancient weapons, if any are left. Can your shadowswords handle them?” Sky asked.

Dambro looked around the snowier landscape of the North as their visibility became obscured in the winds.

1 Like

“If they can’t my Knights and Reaver will”

1 Like

“That’s not how Knights work, I’d be surprised if you had any under your command.” Sky commented.

“Julius! Ahead, something approaches!” Dambro shouted over the winds, noticing a faint red glow.

1 Like

(Except there are Legio Titanicus Knights bro)
“They are from the Legio Titanicus” Winter says simply, “They follow my orders”

1 Like

“Ah, forgive me, I have yet to hear of this.” Sky said.

1 Like