What Are You Afraid Of?

<.<
you chump you

1 Like

I hate all bugs. Although, I also have a fear of heights. :stuck_out_tongue:

just remembered the only other thing I’m afraid of,
being alone with something hunting me(which is why I refuse to play outlast),

And I know where this fear comes from,
there is a book of scary stories I read(and still own) when I was younger, most of the stories didn’t scare me, but one…

A boy, around 12, is home alone, and hears scratching at the window, he finds nothing there and forgets about it,

then later he decides to make some nachos,
and when he looks out the kitchen window

you can see why this scared me, atleast the boy in the story lived,

but this is just *shudder KILL IT WITH FIRE!
(sorry for the nightmare fuel.)

6 Likes

I shall call you Tobaspino.

As in the Zyudenryu.

But Tobaspino, space is awesome!

2 Likes

Time isn’t really that much slower. Also, unless you’re in direct communication with someone on the ground, it’s not like you can tell.
I must admit, though, I’m not a fan of black holes either.

So, this is a very common misconception, but it still makes me want to hit something. So, as calmly as I can, here I go.

The temporal distortion you are referring to is, in fact, just light. The reason it appears you slow down and become redshifted is because light cannot escape the event horizon of a black hole. The light stretches out, causing it’s wavelength to become larger and that in turn make the object get more and more red.

The object appears to be at a standstill at the event horizon, because the light cannot refelect past the event horizon and it gets trapped in the bubble. In reality, the object is already far inside.

Also, the phenomenon that occurs when somebody is in direct contact with someone, say at Jupiter, that’s also because radio signals, which are essentially just invisible wavelengths of light, can’t travel instantaneously between places. It may seem instant because of the small scale we are at, but it’s just going insanely fast.

So far, I haven’t heard of any legitaimate temporal distortion occurring in space.

Also, black holes are just too cool.

6 Likes

I understand science pretty well.

But I have no clue what you just said.

Also, by direct contact, I was assuming some hypothetical magic instantaneous contact, like maybe telepathy.

It’s honestly better explained by a diagram, but the point is, there is no time variation between different points in space. With our current technology and understanding of physics, there will always be communication lag between two points in space. It has nothing to do with time as a force, because time is a constant, not a variable. I’ll have to explain better when at a keyboard and not on my phone.

You explained it fine.
Of course, this is probably confusiing to someone who hasn’t studied this

1 Like

Huh.
HUH.
That makes so much sense though! Because we can’t really measure time, except by using some form of electromagnetic radiation.

Gr8 m8 8/8 m80!

Whut.
This confuses me…
are you saying that we can measure time, an abstract concept, with a form of radiation that is unable to interact with an abstract force?
Because there is no real way to measure time, just a way to approximate it. Time is just a thing we use to make things simpler for ourselves when you think about it. If there was no sentience, like we claim we have, there would be no concept of “time” and therefore, it’s a abstract, human engineered concept that cannot be accurately measured.

2 Likes

Spiders, insects, most bugs in general, heights, open water, and rodents.

Things I’m afraid of…well, I’m going to be completely honest.

Not much

But, what I am afraid of, can really get to me.

I’m not afraid of things such as the 5N@F animatronics, Slender, ect. The Peg Dolls from Doctor Who scared the living daylights out of me when I was twelve, but that was two years ago. My somewhat immunity to this probably comes from the fact that I have characters, events, powers, ect. in my various stories that are far, far more terrifying than most anything I’ve found.

Things I am afraid of include: Interestingly enough, not being in full control of myself. I am, at least in real life, annoyed by people who think they can control me. If you try to make me see your side, I’ll listen, but there’s no guarantee you’ll actually do anything but make me mad. Unfortunately, this doesn’t bode well with the fact that I get upset if someone gets mad at me, especially without reason that I understand.

Another thing I’m afraid of…the thought of not having the perfect vision I am blessed to have. I can’t imagine not being able to see that rather small text across the room without using glasses of some sort.

Continuing, the fear of failure. To be honest I think everyone has this. You all know that feeling that you think you have a good chance of getting a perfect score on that test, or at least somewhere close, but when it comes to the test itself there’s this constant sense of fear that you might get a bad grade, maybe even fail.

The fear of the things I keep secret being revealed to everyone. Also another thing I think everyone feels.

And, the fear of any of these fears coming true.

There are others, but they’re pretty minor and not really notable in comparison to my actual fears.

2 Likes

This. This is another major fear of mine. And it’s happened before. Has any of you ever just been so mad that you just kinda stop thinking? I have, a lot. When I was younger, I was kinda throwing a lot of temper tantrums. I think I scared myself more than anyone else, and to this day I’m still terrified of losing my temper, or really not being in control in general.

Huh… this probably contributes to my OCPD… It’s all connected!

4 Likes

This happened to me at least once. Fortunately, I don’t get angry easily, so it doesn’t happen a lot.

1 Like

I am afraid of lots of things. My imagination only makes them worse, though.

2 Likes

I’m both incredibly lucky…and incredibly unlucky in this regard.

On the plus, I have never actually lost control of what I’m doing because I got angry.

On the downside, I have this rather unfortunate habit of thinking up ten different, rather rude yet reasonable responses, but I can’t use them thanks to my “fear” of having people angry at me.

4 Likes

This is more or less why I was removed from the CHC.

Wait what?

You were removed?