What Are You Afraid Of?

Guessing you didn’t buy LoSS?

3 Likes

The greatest thing I am afraid of is heights, seriously, I cannot dare to even come near a roller coaster or airplane without my palms staring to sweat. On time I was forced onto a large Ferris Wheel at an amusement park, and the entire time my hands were sweating and clasping the bars.

Another thing that I’m not quite as scared of, though still gives me Goosebumps, is anything old fashion or unnatural, mainly old photos or early films from the 1800s- 1900s. Something about their crude quality and unsettling look just makes me cringe. As for unnatural things, I used to watch several Creepypasta’s that I regret viewing or looking at all together, the worst for me being Smile.jpg. And yeah you may be thinking, “aw c’mon its just a dog”, but the fact that it has a really human grin makes it feel so abnormal, not to mention the crude quality doesn’t help either. Plus, if you look closely, there is a human hand just frozen there, which makes it all the more eerie.

I used to be afraid of some stuff that occurred in space too, particularly Gamma Ray Bursts and Black Holes, due to the fact that I watched a documentary on Space Disasters and what would happen if they occurred near earth. The majority of 4th grade, I always feared going outside since I though a Black Hole or Gamma Ray Burst could occur at any moment.

4 Likes

Aw c’mon it’s just a dog.

1 Like

Oh man, I remember when I was 6 I watched a documentary about how the sun would expand and envelop the earth in the millions of years. However, my young impressionable mind somehow concluded that our planet would get roasted very soon and that we were all doomed. Apparently it took my mom an hour to calm me down…

5 Likes

Well, I don’t do spiders. Even at school, where I should try to preserve the last scrap of a social standing, I have had major freak out’s at the mention or sighting of a spider on or near me. There are some reasons for this, and I know it’s ridiculous but I just don’t do spiders…

1 Like

[quote=“EvilLobsterKing, post:166, topic:4006”]
I just don’t do spiders…
[/quote]’‘Don’t do spiders kids’’

6 Likes

:wink: Pssst. Hey kid, I just got these tarantulas, this is some of the finest arachnid available on the market, just one little try. I promise you’ll love them…

…Also on topic I thought this was a rule:

But I guess it was fair and I did laugh at it, so I won’t hold it against you…

4 Likes

[quote=“EvilLobsterKing, post:168, topic:4006”]
…Also on topic I thought this was a rule:

Quick rule: no making fun of other fears or calling them ridiculous.
[/quote]Sowwy.
I wasn’t trying to offend you or anything.

2 Likes

Nah it’s fine, I was just saying don’t take it any further, you seem cool, I just don’t appreciate being made fun of, at least for something like that…

3 Likes

Aight.

1 Like

I have the fear of fear itself. :grimacing:

Well, I guess I’ll revive this dead topic!

I have necrophobia (to some extent) which is the fear of corpses or dead things. Throughout my lifetime I’ve seen so many dead animals, especially cats; so that’s probably how I came to be afraid of the dead.
I find it kind of ironic and cruel because I really enjoy looking at skulls and seeing how they relate to those of other species. A couple months ago I actually found a rabbit skull (which my brother later stepped on and broke into fragments) in our backyard and managed to muster some courage to collect the parts with some sticks and paper. Later that day I stored it into a small box in my closet with the idea of examining the fragments the next day. However, since that day the box has remained untouched after losing all that excitement and courage.

Mysophobia.

It isn’t fun.

2 Likes

I’m afraid of being in a place extremely disconnected from the world. (Phone, Wi-fi and Television) Not because the reason you might think. (Needing wi-fi or die)

It’s because, y’know.

If you scream.

Nobody will hear you.

(That, and ultra-reserved societies of farmers who burn people in their barnyards.)

6 Likes

This. And fear of heights. And fear of death.

2 Likes

Anatidaephobia.

I don’t suffer from this, but I’m sure there’s that one person who does.

3 Likes

I’m terrified of bees and wasps. I’m not allergic, and I’ve never been stung.
I have to force myself to go through an area with one of them. I will wait fairly long time periods for them to go away.

Also,

(just for reference)
(Made by my brother for school)

1 Like

I wanted to be a soldier,
I have trypanophobia
my career is over before it even started

3 Likes

i have an irrational fear of dropping personal possessions like lego pieces and potted plants. i have no idea why.

3 Likes

I guess you have never fired a stud shooter then.

3 Likes