What are your favorite and least favorite genres of music?

Or is it?

1 Like

Actually, Nirvana is indeed garbage.
Nirvana is one of the most overrated bands in the world.Some of their riffs were good,but they were very repetittive and sounded very similar,Kurt’s voice wasn’t that great,the lyrics were stupid and made no sense.Kurt is also very overrated as a guitarist.
Yup,i said it.Now let’s see what the depressed & angry Kurt fans have to say about my opinion. Also,the lyrics were thrash.They had no meaning,and Kurt was always high when he wrote them.Not all of them,but the majority of their well knows songs.Just because the words rhyme a bit doesn’t make them poetic,like refering to Courtney’s „thing” as a “heart shaped box”.Is that poetic? No.Or how about yelling about how your grandpa molested you when you were little for an entire song? Oh,and i’ll let you say if stuff like Rape Me is poetic or not.Sorry to burst your bubble,but that’s not poetic.Poetic is something like Welcome Home Sanitarium,where the words rhyme and flow perfectly and they actually have an interesting story and meaning. And Kurt’s death.Nirvana is an overrated band and the only reason of their fame today is Kurt’s death,otherwise,if he was alive and still making music,he would’ve faded away like the other grunge bands like Soundgarden or Pearl Jam.If Courtney killed him,there’s no problem for me.If she didn’t,he would’ve still died as a result of his heroin addiction.I’m actually happy that he died,because that way Dave Grohl did his own stuff that is freaking awesome,Foo Fighters,Them Crooked Vultures and QOSA.He could’ve never done it if he was still in Nirvana,and that would’ve been a shame because he’s an amazing musician,while Nirvana was such a generic,mediocre and awful band.
Also, no.Nirvana was grunge.

3 Likes

honestly i dont mind anything other than country. I HATE country

1 Like

I think Nirvana may not have been the best example of a good pop artist (I, too, dislike Nirvana). What about Frank Sinatra? (Ok, maybe that’s cheating.) How about The Beatles or The Beach Boys? Or do you just mean more recent pop (which I would agree is generally soul-sucking garbage)?

1 Like

I actually agree with a lot of things.
I never understood why people love Nirvana that much, even though, most of them know only one song, and I have no need to mention it even. It seems like people like Nirvana just because they’re said to like it - kind of a standard that people want to follow to stay hip and cool to each other, like, if you don’t like Nirvana, than you know nothing about anything.

2 Likes

I like listening to Nirvana because it’s fun and noisy, honestly. I don’t think too hard about the details of the songs.

edit: they’re not one of my favorites, I just like them, if you really want to dig into what I like you can see this and this

3 Likes

.>clicks on links

.>sees Yes, Genesis, King Crimson, Supertramp, Iron Maiden, etc.

You have awesome tastes in music, Invi!

2 Likes

I used to listen to heavy/thrash metal all the time in 9th and 10th grade, then my parents got fed up with it and banned metal. I had a friend who listened to Genesis for some reason so I decided to as well. It was really bizarre but I started enjoying it. I also listened to 2112 by Rush not too long after and all of a sudden I really started listening to tons and tons of progressive rock. Then eventually I went back to listening to metal again and then decided I need to like more than just those two genres, so I’ve tried listening to almost everything. Most of it still seems to be 70s/80s stuff though, but yeah. : P

4 Likes

Huh, neat. I kind of had the inverse experience: I started listening to 60s through 80s oldies, then got into Yes, Jethro Tull, Genesis, etc, which eventually led me to Dream Theater and mid-70s King Crimson, which led me to like some prog-influenced metal like Iron Maiden and Blind Guardian. I never got into thrash, though. And I listened to Rush before any of those, but didn’t really get into their progressive side until later.

Rock and Roll all Day erry day, man. Also you can’t put metal on the same list as rock because metal is rock, like by definition. I actually kinda hate metal. Most rock is also pop by definition. The pop that most of you are referring to, which I assume is like Katy Perry/ One Direction/ Ed Sheeran/ Britney Spears is something I refer to as the Spawn of Spice Girls.
Hip Hop comes in a close second. Whatever Frank Sinatra is, thats my least favorite.

I love Classical, Symphonic Metal, Alternative, (a very little bit of) trance/EDM, and i can’t stand rap, country, to much of any electronic, or screamo.

My spectrum of genres has been drastically reduced to EDM genres, as that’s mostly what I hear (I don’t listen to radio). My least favorite genres are dubstep and hard dance, and my favorites are electro, future bass, and glitch hop.

I listen to Classic Rock and most sub-genre of Metal.

The only music I can’t stand is ridiculously heavy Death Metal (the type that sounds like a bear with indigestion), most forms of Rap/Pop.

For me it’s gotta be:

• Grunge
  • Lo-Fi
  • Indie
  • Punk
  • (And maybe some uke music thrown in there)…

Can’t stand:

• Pop
    -Rap
    -Heavy Metal
    -Etc…

(Just remembered I HATE country music with a PASSION )

But Fav band: NIRVANA (gotta love 'em)!

I understand your opinion, and yea Nirvana wasn’t Grunge they were PUNK can’t emphasis that enough, and yea maybe some of his lyrics didn’t make sense AND YES THEY WERE VERY OVERRATED. But his songs did have a lot of meaning behind them ( For example “Drain You” was about love, And “Opinion” was about all that was bad about the economy.) Anyway all that matters is he made music and some people liked it. THE END.

(P.S. I don’t really like the Foo Fighters, their okay but Ehh).

I like alternative, New Wave and rock. I hate current rap and current country.

I mainly am into anything electronic, I even like early stuff like Kraftwerk!!!

1 Like

Favorites: Rock, Alternative, Metal, Glam Rock, Indie Rock, Folk, Soul.

Least Favorites: Country, Hip Hop, Rap.

1 Like

My favorites are Soundtrack, Instrumental, Ambient, Rock, Industrial, Classic and Kinda Country

Least favorite is, and i’m not sure if y’all know it: Reggaeton.

No love for Daddy Yankee, eh?