What are your favorite and least favorite genres of music?

Xenharmonic, yeah i’m just that avant-garde.
But more seriously i like prog rock, metal, all that stuff. And i dislike RnB, and most rap, but i like some of it.

I am pretty much the same. But I do listen to more stuff with vocals.

And I do not mind some country music, however most of it is boring repetitive trash.

1 Like

You know it.

BRO
You’re one of the only other Kraftwerk fans I’ve met
AW YEAH
I saw them in concert ^^
Also, did you know Karl Bartos, a previous member of Kraftwerk, put out two albums? (one of which recently got remastered for iTunes and I love it)
(this one)

… I like way too many genres of music to pick a favorite.
Mainly, anything electronic/synthy, and anything guitar/rock-related.
Least favorite? I know it’s cliche to say around these parts, but contemporary pop, I guess.

2 Likes

I don’t hate much styles of music but I really don’t like classic

Fahren fahren fahren auf der Autobahn

1 Like

I’ve finally figured out the names of music that I actually like.

The music I usually listen to on a regular basis - although most of them through the video-game/soundtrack lens rather than standard bands - includes progressive rock, nu-metal, melodic metal, electronic rock, and hard rock, as well as sound design and atmospheric soundtracks. Recently been getting into drum and bass as well.

Dislikes still include country, pop, and most forms of rap (“most” because at the moment there is one rap artist my sister introduced me to that does things quite differently).

3 Likes

this sounds awesome, that sounds awesome how you saw them in concert. recently I have been listening to Assemblage 23 and Neuroticfish and anything futurepop like.

Least Favourite: Turbofolk and some genres of metal
Favourite: Anything else that not the above mentioned and that sounds nice to me.

Over a year later, I realize that I never clarified this post. I love a lot of prog artists, but I don’t like Pink Floyd’s music in general, with a few exceptions.
So, yeah, pretty big mistake to make, sorry for the confusion :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I really don’t like anything considered radio friendly these days, so pop music. My favourites are older country, progressive and especially metal. My favourite band has to be Mastodon.

1 Like

I enjoy most pre-2010s rock, especially grunge/nineties alt and punk/pop punk. I’ll listen to almost anything before the nineties.

What I hate is more recent rap, pop, and new country (especially country pop)

1 Like

I see we have very similar tastes in music. Though i don’t listen to much grunge rock. It too severely dislike hip-hop, rap, and modern country.

1 Like

Very nice. I do like some old school hip hop, occasionally even as late as the early 2000s, but for the most part rap bad

1 Like

I’m going to take a wild guess and say that the only modern hip-hop artist you listen to is NF.

Favorite would have to be EDM (I can’t really name a certain sub-genre that I enjoy the most as I listen to kind of a mix of all sorts of genres). I also enjoy classic rock and some pop/pop-punk. In terms of least favorite, I would have to say any kind of country. I’m also not the biggest fan of jazz (but there are 1 or 2 songs that I enjoy from that genre)