What are your top 5 (or 10, or however many you feel like listing) years for Bionicle?

It’s not 2011’s fault most of it’s plots didn’t pan out.

4 Likes

Here is mine:

1 - 2007 (This has some of my favorite sets and my favorite mask)
2 - 2001 (it’s the first year. My first set was mata tahu)
3 - 2006 (I loved the titan sets)
4 - 2005 (nostalgia)
5 - 2008 (again, nostalgia. This was a year where I got the six main sets)

1 Like

2005 needs some love.

It really doesnt. 2005 was by far the worst year, with a morbidly dark story, awful sets, nonsensical character development, and an awful movie

1 Like

No it wasn’t.
The titans for this year were freaking awesome and they really show how technical Bionicle used to be.I got Keetongu and Roodaka,and they are by far my fravourite titans from my collection (which also includes Krekka,Brutaka,Axxon,Nocturn and Icarax).
So people didn’t like the dark story of 2005 but liked the 2006 one? Funny.
What’s awful about the sets? As i mentioned,the titans were awesome,and so were the Visorak.We got the first playsets this year and they were freaking cool.The Toa Hordika weren’t really the best,but they did a good job at looking mutated and stuff and they looked pretty cool.The Rahaga could have used some work,but they were definetely better than the voyatoran.Movie wasn’t awful in my opinion,it wasn’t the best of the 4 but it beats TLR.Check out this video,it really slams everyone’s bad opinions about 2005.

I recommend watching the full series.It really explores Bionicle in great detail.

2 Likes

No, no it really doesn’t.

TLR made Tuma and the Skrall look like idiots and portrayed them in such a way that it definetely made them the worst movies villains ever.The giant bug made Malum was awful and so was the plot involving the traitor.
The animation was awesome but WOS’s story beats it and it definetely looked like a movie for an older audience than the TLR one,which was Hero Factory TV Series age level.

3 Likes

I liked all of the movies, there now we can have a compromise

best year.

1 Like

Just because you like all of the movies doesn’t mean everyone else does.

I whole heartedly disagree, but I respect your opinion.

2 Likes

Alright,since this thread is fitting,i decided to post these videos here.
A guy called ArchosMarkos from YT made some very detalied videos a while back where he made a very good rating system for the Bionicle Franchise,and he explored all the years (except 2015) and rated em,and made a top 10.
Enjoy!

2 Likes

I’ve seen these videos like, 20 times. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Me too,they are very entertaining :slight_smile:

2 Likes

While I don’t agree with his opinions of 2009, I really like these.

1 Like

Same about 2009.
In my opinion,the sets weren’t “mediocre”,in fact, 2009 had some of the best sets in the whole franchise.The location and the characters were neat,and the secrets revealed were awesome.The books and story serials were great as well.

4 Likes

How so? (Not trying to argue. Just want to know your opinion.)

I personally enjoyed 2005 greatly. I enjoyed the dark atmosphere, and I wouldn’t consider it to be morbid. The sets weren’t bad; the spinners were quite fun and they had pose-ability and function. I haven’t seen the movie recently, but I remember it being on par with the rest of the movies (all of them were sub-par IMO). The character dev. was a bit off with Vakama, but the rest of it was fairly decent.

3 Likes
  1. Why would I choose to watch a video that’s going to slam my opinion?

2. Keetongu and the Visorak are the only good set from 2005 (in my opinion) the Hordika are spindly abominations (and make no sense in story. They’re supposed to be bestial, yet they look purely mechanical), tge Rahaga were weird, Roodaka was…, and Sidorak just looked silly.

3. the thing about 2006’s story is that it was fun while being dark. there was no fun in 2005.

Also, the movie was terrible. All of a sudden Matau and Vakama are the only Toa who matter, and Norik’s the only Rahaga with a line. I Don’t even think Nuju said a single thing in the entire movie.

Again, these are just my opinions. If you love 2005, that’s great. I personally hate it.

1 Like

What @PurpleDinosaur said.

4 Likes