What are your top 5 (or 10, or however many you feel like listing) years for Bionicle?

1. 2015
  2. 2008
  3. 2004
  4. 2001
  5. 2009
  6. 2007
  7. 2006
  8. 2002
  9. 2005
  10. 2010

Well, Iā€™ll just go ahead and list all of them.

1. 2001
2. 2007
3. 2008
4. 2002
5. 2015

6 . 2003
7. 2009
8. 2006
9. 2004
10. 2010
11. 2005

1. 2014

ALL DAT HYPE.

Try to disagree.

3 Likes

i have to agree. i was more into bionicle in this year then any other year

1 Like

The universal arising of G1ers that hate the idea of BIONICLE with CCBS.

The multiple hopes for a full CGI web series, certain story elements, parts and designs that were crushed.

(meh, probably not enough to really dampen it)

1 Like

And this is the wild Hawkflight in his natural habitat, being a friggen buzzkill

2 Likes

1 - 01
2 - 06
3 - 2015
4 - 08
5 - 07

1. 2008 (so many Makuta! And Ignika in set form!)
  2. 2006 (I kinda like the idea of Piraka and Inika)
  3. 2007 (Poor Matoro)
  4. 2003 (Mask of Light saga with Rahkshi and Teridax, so awesome!)
  5. 2005 (Vakamaā€™s journey to the dark side and back)
1 Like

(N-N-N-Necropst!)

EDIT: Darn, Raptor beat me to itā€¦
Anyways, list.

1. 07 (Perfection.)
  2. 08 (I dinā€™t mind the Mistika.)
  3. 09 (Introductory year.)
  4. 05 (Web Of Shadows brought me into Bionicle without me knowing it. Sets were subpar.)
  5. 2015 (Bionicleā€™s grand return.)
  1. 07 (I loved the dark underwater vibe)
  2. 04 (Metru were great. Vahki, not so much)
  3. 03 ( Takanuva and Mask of Light Saga was awesome)
  4. 08 (Loved all the Phantoka and a few Mistika)
  5. 06 ( My first year so much nostalgia)

funny enough, as this year has progressed, my opinions have changed

1. 07
  2. 15
  3. 06
  4. 04
  5. 01

5: 2008 mostly for the vehicles and Takanuva. The Phantoka were cool, but the only Mistika I liked was Krika.
4: 2009 again the vehicles, but Ackar became one of my favorite characters in Bionicle. Also the existence of Mata Nui in set form.
3: 2002/03 Even though Iā€™ve never gotten my hands on one, I loved the Nuva and was obsessed with the Bohrok Kal.
2: 2004 Same case here. Not only did I love the Metru characters, but the sets were so cool! Vahki. Your argument is invalid.
1: 2006 The Inika are my favorite Toa, they captured the feeling of new perfectly, Axonn, ramblingā€¦etc.

Story:

1. 2004
  2. 2006
  3. 2002
  4. 2007/2008
  5. 2001

Sets:

1. 2015
  2. 2009
  3. 2007
  4. 2006
  5. 2002
1 Like

My personal favourites were:

5: 2008
4: 2003
3: 2005
2: 2006
1: 2007

Toa Mahri were hands down my favourite Toa and I loved the aquatic Barraki designs, squid launchers sucked, but the cordak blasters, favourite blaster in the whole franchise, loved Toa Kongu Mahri for the simple fact that he had dual blasters.

1. 2005
  2. 2004
  3. 2002
  4. 2003
  5. 2015

From worst to bestā€¦with descriptions!

2010ā€“Though Journeyā€™s End was great and the final ending was nice, '10 was, wellā€¦you know. If the Stars had been better, I might have a little more affection for it.

2005ā€“'05, IMO, wasnā€™t really necessary. The idea of Vakama betraying the team could have been done better, but Roodaka was a great villain.

2009ā€“'09 was better than '05, IMO, because it had a fresher feeling. Still, the soft reboot idea didnā€™t go as well as it couldā€™ve.

2008ā€“Though it was my first year as a BIONICLE fan, '08 had some pretty bland sets, though the story was intense and surprising.

2002ā€“TBH, though having a unique story, the Bohrok were all clones, and there wasnā€™t much that stood out about '02.

2004ā€“'04 was good, but the abrupt transition from tribal to metropolitan was a little jarring, and the flashback concept was a little confusing. But, the Metruā€™s development was well done.

2007ā€“While it might not have been the year with the greatest sets, '07 gave us a group of tragic villains in the Barraki, and also gave us the most powerful moment in BIONICLE history, Matoroā€™s heart-wrenching sacrifice.

2003ā€“BIONICLEā€™s first movie. This year revolutionized the story, bringing us the Nuva, Takanuva, and a long-awaited Makuta set. Takuaā€™s journey in MOL is what really makes 2003 great.

2001ā€“The one that started it all. The mystery and intrigue of the environment really drew you in. The characters might not have been the most unique, but without it, BIONICLE wouldnā€™t be here.

2015ā€“I know it might seem a little controversial to put it so high, but 2015 is really close to what I think BIONICLE should be. The Toa sets were, IMO, the best team of heroes we have received so far, the villains were unique and mostly cool-looking. The only thing that keeps it out of the number 1 slot are the times where the story got a little too simple, leaving me wanting more.

2006ā€“Most intense, most dynamic. The villains were delightfully evil and the heroes were both conflicted and determined to succeed. Gregā€™s writing really excelled in this year, and he released what is undoubtedly the best series of BIONICLE books.

2 Likes

NEKROPOSTING WOOT WOOT

I guess Iā€™ll do all 12 years.
So uhā€¦ yeah. Here we go!
12) 2010. I really donā€™t need to explain.
11) 2002: While the toa nuva were cool, and the bohrok were pretty neat as well, this year wasnā€™t all that great. Story was cool, but much like 01, was pretty basic.
10) 2015: Story was meh, sets were pretty good, but the summer wave is what kills it for me. Everything this year did, 2016 seems to be improving upon
9) 2009: I want to like 2009, it had a ton of potential to be amazing! But everything went all inika build and cut off the story early, leaving a ton to be desired. This is what I hope 2016 doesnā€™t do.
8) 2003 was a year of villains, which was actually pretty neat. I sorta hope gen 2 does something like that to have a bunch of stuff to fight, but in terms of story and sets, this year sorta fell down on its face. The rahkshi were neat and it was cool to have an actual connection to makuta, but they overshadowed the Bohrok Kal to the point where I almost forgot what year the silverpukerok came out. I donā€™t know, the year itself was cool, but the sets seemed sorta unoriginal and bland.
7) 2005: Iā€¦ actually really like '05. I have no idea why, but this year was awesome to me. The toa were mutated, Vakama had gone rogue, the villains were colossal, and the projectiles were some of the most fun Iā€™ve ever had. This is probably because I grew up on 05, (I was around 7 or 8 when it came out, so I could really get into the story). Plus the Vhisorak were a bunch of fun, despite being sorta generic. It has all the same flaws as 03, forgettable first wave and clone sets. But the titansā€¦ the titans were so much better, and the fact the toa were animalistic added a whole new level of roleplaying potential for me. My self moc actually has hordika venom, so that should go to show how much I enjoyed this year. plus the movie was cool in my honest opinion
6) 2001: Ok, itā€™s 01. Thereā€™s not much I can say about it that hasnā€™t already been said. The rahi were phenomenal, but the toa were seriously lackluster in comparison to what we got in later years. It kicked off the story, but its story wasnā€™t too complex. Until MNOG. Without that, this would have been far lower on the list.
5) 2016: I love 2016. The toa, the functions, the main villain, it all shows a lot of promise. But thatā€™s the thing, I know nothing about this year. It has a ton of potential to be either terrible or amazing, so thatā€™s why itā€™s more in the middle of this list. Hereā€™s hoping JtO is good! It did improve a lot off of 2015 though, so props to that!
4) 2008: The only reason this is so high on the list is because of my obsession with the Makuta we got this year. The toa were lackluster af, but the makutaā€¦ Oh man, these guys were so cool. Their designs were unique, their personalities were all interesting and fun, and the unification function was pretty swell as well. Overall, the Makuta made this year, and the ending was inexplicably amazing. (Actually toa ignika wasnā€™t lackluster at all, he was cool as both a character and a set) The battle vehicles were pretty awesome as well now that I think about it.
3) 2004: Metru nui is my favorite environment the toa have ever been in. Not only that, but the toa were some of the best non-inika builds, the story was pretty cool, the titans were actually some of my favorites, and the general imperfection of all the characters is what really makes me like this year. Everyone is trying to do what they believe is right, whether it be becoming a hero, selling a legendary artifact to gain the affection of the coworker youā€™re stalking, or taking absolute control over a city. Plus, the vahki were pretty cool in my opinion, I like their powers and felt like they improved over the rahkshi.
2) 2006: Ask viper, I donā€™t feel like going into all the things this year did well. Thereā€™s far too many of them.

1. 2007: The commercials, the barraki, the toa mahri, the titans, the story and the matoran were allā€¦ amazing. Everything tied together so nicely, and little 9 year old me had his heart shattered into little pieces by that ending, especially since matoro was the only set I got in 06. But holy crap, the barraki commercial was maybe the coolest thing Iā€™ve ever seen, and creeping in my soul is still one of my favorite songs. Not only that, but we got another mysterious off-team toa, Karzahni himself, and the best villain designs bionicle ever gave us. Everything about this year is amazing, and I seriously doubt it will ever be topped. The sacrifices the toa made were insane, and honestly, pretty moving. Jaller was willing to break the toa code and kill not only the barraki, but his fellow toa as well, so Matoro could awaken mata nui. That. Is dedication.
5 Likes

2006/2007

You can see a patternā€¦Hehehe

3 Likes

Probably:

5:2005
4:2007
3:2003
2:2001
1:2004

1. 2007 (had a good balance of story and cool sets)

2. 2016 (my favorite sets, but Iā€™m having a hard time getting into the G2 storyline as much as I did with G1)

3. 2006 (I loved the darker tone, the Piraka were great, and so were the Inika. Except for those masksā€¦)

4. 2009 (the sets were Inika builds, but Lego did make some attempts at creativity in those sets, and all in all they were colorful and cool looking sets)

5. 2005 (the year I got into Bionicle. The Hordika arenā€™t as bad as people make them out to be, the Visorak were cool, and I liked the darker story)

4 Likes