What disturbs you?

hard to say what does.

but I sure as heck know that descriptions of gore don’t. ( I get a lot of anti-vaping/smoking/tobacco ads)

What’s weird is that I’m actually against all those things.

1 Like

I think most teens do

3 Likes

Oh, didn’t think about that.

1 Like

I would assume those ads target teens at least

3 Likes

Trypophobia

Google it if you want, but don’t blame me when you’re disturbed :stuck_out_tongue:

Is that even a phobia? I feel like that’s just generally creepy to everyone.

1 Like

I have mild

thalassophobia

what, I don’t understand what’s disturbing about this. Explain.

you my friend, are wrong.

Moldy food and some other fungi gives me the heebie jeebies.

idk man I just hate it

1 Like

The thought of the universe. Does the world end at a stopping point, or does it keep going and going, never stopping. And if there is a stopping point, what would stop you from crossing it. All of this makes my existance feel worthless. I mean who cares if some random person dies, in the grand scheme of the universe, nobody’s life matters.

2 Likes

you, my friend are not worthless, your life matters.

5 Likes

F U R R I E S

More specifically, fursuits. Yes, really. I believe its the same reason so many people are afraid of clowns. The fact that you can’t see their real face triggers an uncanny valley effect. Even extends to school mascots. Saw one walking down the hall and I immediately turned around. (Though oddly enough, I’m fine with clowns.)

Also used to be afraid of the possibility of telepaths. Now, obviously, I didn’t actually believe there are people with mind powers among us, but the primal part of my brain was disturbed by the concept of having my private thoughts invaded.

Oh, and Jupiter. That planet freaks me out, man. It’s the only one that has its own Eye of Sauron starring back.

4 Likes

good to know I’m not alone.

1 Like

Yep. I know it’s a community like any other but I can’t get over that small minority of them. I know that it’s not true of them all but furies are just creepy.

1 Like

Nononono you’ve got it all wrong

that is the eye of Sauron and he’s planning on adopting the Eiffel tower as his new Barad Dur

3 Likes

Things that disturb me:

People who casually take ideas or worldviews completely out of context for analysis, then treat their “findings” as truth.

Most anime art styles.

All the casual sexualization associated with said art styles.

The fact that people make fanfics that exist merely for “shipping” characters, often in ways that invoke utter disgust when I hear of it.

The idea that alternate dimensions could exist, but not in the way that many scientists believe. Think of the idea that Heaven and Hell are actually parallel universes to our own. Look at biblical descriptions of such. You get the idea.

The event of a guy dressed as Deadpool giving free lunch to kids at the local school during lockdown.

Kids movies made for political purposes.

People who write Sci-fi only for it to be misinterpreted by the reviewers as something nasty and vile, despite characters being aliens and probably not having a similar culture to humans.

The fools who write literary analysis. Most of them just try to destroy any sense in the book, and replace it with nihilism and madness. Or at least ascribing false motives to the author.

The game designers who apparently cannot design realistic female characters without numerous problems that come dangerously close to sexism, then blatantly get away with it. And the game reviewers who are complicit in the promotion of such games.

And that’s not even the beginning…

2 Likes

True! Peas disturb me all the time, but if I disturb them back I get arrested.

2 Likes

the constant passing of time
as time passes you get older, and eventually you will die and you only have so many years in your life, comprised of months, comprised of weeks, comprised of days, comprised of hours, comprised of minutes comprised of seconds.

4 Likes

Well I mean, without time, what is the purpose of life? If you have infinite time to do things, you’ll never actually do anything because why would you? The passing of time makes it so that we need to get things done and eventually do things with our life because we either get them done while we can or they never get done. In my eyes, death gives life meaning, and vice versa.

man my views have changed

4 Likes

y’all it’s 2:00 am here and this can only mean one thing:

IT’S PHILOSOPHY TIME

i think that our existance has no significance to the universe so there really isn’t any reason to do anything other than what we want to do and what we are forced to do by society existing

also just to stay on topic i find the uncertainty of what happens after death that truly terrifies me. like we can’t really know what happens after we die. does everything just stop? maybe one of the various religons got it right, maybe something else entirely. uncertainty is truly terrifying

2 Likes