What do you do with your MOCs?

• Keep them forever
  • Keep them until the next MOC

0 voters

I was just curious… what do people do with thier MOCs? Do you make them and keep them forver? Keep them until you make a new MOC that may need parts from the previous one?
I personally usually go with the 2nd option, as I only have a limited amout of parts I can use for my MOCs. What about you?

4 Likes

I think that forever is too big of a word tho.

1 Like

Can’t edit the poll unfortunately…

I usually build them, take pictures, and then let them sit until i need to scrap them for pieces.

2 Likes

That depends on the M.O.C

2 Likes

I’ve kept a few of my most recent builds together but for the most part I disassemble them after about a month or so because I tend to use the same parts for my mocs.

4 Likes

I’ve had the same team of characters with me for four and a half years now, and these specific iterations of the characters spent about two years sitting on the shelf since their base versions in 2016 and some updates made in 2018.

Since I rarely MOC nowadays though, there’s a good chance that these characters might stick with me forever. I still have enough pieces and a few sets from 2017 to be scrapped, so I don’t think I’ll touch my old characters until I work on a character design that requires specific pieces from an older one.

4 Likes

Usually MOCs I built are judged by an ‘are they good enough’ standard. As my standards constantly improve, I recoil in disgust at a lot of my older creations, but some - like a rather accurate but also rather simple K-2SO reclining on the beach - I retire simply due to overexposure. I’ve shown him off at conventions for at least three years now; I think it’s finally time for him to say goodbye.

There’s a lot of creations that I intend to keep around indefinitely that I’ve never posted on the boards for a multitude of reasons.

6 Likes

I keep needing parts sooo off to the demolishment they go!

1 Like

I usually take em’ apart a week after I build it. The only acception is my self moc.

1 Like

I disassemble them when I need the parts. Of course, given that I build MOCs incredibly rarely (usually only for contests), “when I need the parts” has been a year after building before…

1 Like

I’ll keep em around for a while until I need the parts, usually.
I’ve kept around my KV-2 moc for about a month at this point, I don’t really have any plans that need a lot of dark grey.

I have Forever MOCs, and MOCs I’d not be opposed to breaking down and either refining or putting the parts towards better uses

Right now since I have more parts than common sense I’m not too entirely pressed about taking apart mocs right not

1 Like

You see I never had many mocs because of a parts shortage I have suffered from for years. I make all my mocs digitally now but eventually I will build them irl and keep them forever.

3 Likes

I will usually keep my Mocs built up, but most of them are Matoran so they don’t use too many “good” pieces, but similar to a few of the posts above I might make a Moc that after a few days of looking at it I would deem it “bad” it and then pull it apart.

2 Likes

First, I take pictures.
Then I eat them
If they taste good, they’re worth posting. If not, I delete the pictures.

2 Likes

Why not eat the photo files as an after dinner snack

2 Likes

after i’ve built a moc, unless i really like it, after a few weeks i’ll disassemble it for parts

some mocs i just keep gradually updating though, which is a privilege reserved for only my most favoured mocs

4 Likes