What happened to All insane Kids?

I like every single Bionicle song (even bye bye Babylon and closer to the truth), honestly I don’t have a problem with “caught up in a dream” besides the fact it sounds kind of ‘ehh’. “Hero” was a brilliant song, don’t have anything bad to say about that one. Honestly I was wondering what happened to them also.

1 Like

All Insane Kids were admitted to an asylum and never seen again

I’ve always like the I-Can’t-Believe-It’s-Not-Evanescence sound of Creeping in My Soul. Gravity Hurts also pretty awesome, especially against Tony Wedgewood’s narration in the retrospective.

AIK? I liked the instrumentals that they used in the commercials for 2005. The electric guitar stuff is good, but the vocals are kind of eh.

It was even amazing they made it out in the first place and LEGO agreed to record some strange fellows in the studio

3 Likes

They had a really good editing team, to help make their incoherent screaming sound like actual words.

Like TTV’s Podcast

1 Like

I have made a discovery. All Insane Kids also went by the name Dial Zero, under which they released at least one album. I discovered this after transfering the tracks onto my new phone, and loading them into the Youtube Music app, where they are credited to All Insane Kids/Dial Zero.

This Last FM listing of tracks includes both Hero and Caught in a Dream.

This site lists Morten Krog Helgesen as a band member. It is speculation, but Christian Bastian very well could be Christian Hansen, who is listed here as well.
https://rateyourmusic.com/artist/dial-zero

They also seemingly worked with Lego to promote Lego Racers.

This is a video of another of their songs, recorded live in Copenhagen.

I have been wondering if All Insane Kids ever did anything else for years, trying to find any information about them, but I always came up with nothing. Like many I assumed they made some tracks for Lego and that was it, but there was a whole album out there, waiting to be found.

6 Likes

Reading the title for this topic without the contest that it’s talking about a band name made go like “wait- what??”, LoL. :rofl:

1 Like

nah liked caught in a dream but i much preferred hero

1 Like

They grew up and became the All Insane Boomers.

I think that might be a different band that shares the same name

Just came across this topic while googling All Insane Kids; it’s cool that I’m not the only one who wonders what happened to them :smiley:
@EvilLobsterKing That’s some really interesting stuff you found! Your speculation about Christian Hansen being Christian Bastian seems to be right - Dial Zero appeared on a Danish compilation album in 2006, which lists Bastian as Dial Zero’s lead vocalist: Protestsange.dk (2006, CD) - Discogs
As for Edsim & Maltha, I think I can shed some light on that. “Maltha” is simply Mikkel Maltha, who is of course the keyboardist and songwriter of Cryoshell, while “Edsim” is Eddie Simonsen, a well-known Danish sound designer. Both have worked on mulitple big-budget Danish movies and TV series, and they’ve also collaborated with Christian Faber on Bionicle, as can be seen in the credits of Advance’s “Mata Nui Rising” video.

4 Likes

Piraka ate them lol

1 Like