What is the estimate weight of a Matoran Universe creature?

Just curious, I’m not sure if it was ever stataed, but in Earth measurements, what does the average Toa Metru and Matoran of Metru weigh?

2 Likes

I thing that would fluctuate drastically between differmt toa or matoran.

For example, the Toa Nuva would weigh much more than their previous Toa Mata forms, simply due to the new big pieces of armor.

The Toa Inika are apparently freakishly tall compared to other toa, so they would probably weigh a bit more to.

2001 style diminished Matoran would weigh significantly less than say a Metru-toran would, simply because they’re so much smaller.

The only thing I could imagine being consistent are Turaga, seeing as there’s only ever been eight official Turaga sets in all of G1, and they’re all of roughly the same size.

2 Likes

That’s why I said average, just the wieght for the most basic Toa and Matoran.

1 Like

Well I think good averages to work from for toa and matoran as a species, would be the Metru builds of each. The Toa Metru, Likahn, and the Toa Haga all use the Metru build, so I think it’s safe to say that the Metru body type is what’s “standard” for toa.

As for the matoran, Metru Nui is the closest thing to a complete state of normalcy in the series. Matoran in places like Mata Nui, Voya Nui, Mahri Nui, or Karda Nui, are all some kind of special case/exception.

1 Like

Greg has already said that he considers the Metru forms the official base design for Toa and Matoran, so that’s what I ment by average. I’ll edit the main post for simplicity’s sake. Thanks for the input.

2 Likes

Pretty sure that Greg said that all the Toa are actually the same height in spite of how there sets are.

3 Likes

Yeah they’re all about two meters tall I think

1 Like

I don’t know if there’s a way to know their weights without knowing what they’re comprised of.

Protodermis doesn’t have a known mass. :laughing:

3 Likes

Except Takanuva, because… Titan set. 2008 was weird.

2 Likes

Because the energy in Karda Nui powered up all the light beings so Takanuva and the Av matoran were canonically larger

1 Like

Very weird.
As I recall, Po-matoran and Onu-matoran were known to sink. Could it be that they are denser than a normal matoran?
In any case, a two meter tall athlete could easily weigh 180 pounds, and Bionicles seem to sport a lot of metal. Metal is seven or more times denser than water.

2 Likes