What Is The Rarest BIONICLE Mask You Own?

Wait, 08 takanuva is hard to get?
I’ll count myself lucky then.

I have a couple modalt masks…

And one more unlisted.

2 Likes

Well, in Germany he wasn’t even sold, for example…

1 Like

If you check BrickLink for the Gun metal Takadox headpieces, you can see that like 9/10 are from the US and Canada, so here in Europe it was a very rare set or, like you said was the case in Germany, not sold at all. I have seen '08 Takanuva in a physical store after G1’s cancellation, sold for around 350 dollars. It is a set that I’ve always wanted, but that is a price that I’m not gonna pay.

The weird thing is that I actually saw '08 Takanuva displayed in Legoland Günzburg - as well as Icarax - but neither of them was sold.

Through bricklink I bought the parts for Icarax and most of those for Takanuva, though… I’m mostly only lacking the set specific parts to complete Takanuva. Which is basically everything gunmetal grey.

Lhikan’s Hau, Copper Huna, honestly that’s it. Does my Infected Hau count? I slso also have also have both toa Haga masks, and Lesovikk ’ mask.

@WhatCameNext I have a Gunmetal Takadox headpiece, I’d be willing to sell it too.

Edited for Double Post - Waj

1 Like

yes they are. 6 by 3 grid, each chunk being 2 by 4 grids for the breed, with each horizontal row alternating between 2 masks.

Edit:

this is why you go to english, kids…

so you don’t overlook things like this.

3 Likes

I don’t know if it’s rare but it’s a translucent glitter mask I can’t think of the name

It’s the Avohkii, and it isn’t really, to be honest; it was included in every copy of 8596 Takanuva. Still cool though.

I have the gold mask from Titan Mata Nui. Because I am totally fabulous.

I’d say so. :slight_smile:

I own a Black Huna now, so that’s probably topping my list.

You lucky devil, I’ve been trying to get a misprint Huna for years. What other rare masks do you have?

Black noble Huna isn’t a misprint - there were two included in the Muaka & Kane-Ra set. Which means that it is 16 years old, though. I feel old now…

2 Likes

Huh, then I guess you got real lucky, did you buy just the mask or the whole set recently?

Y’know, I found that mask in a bulk LEGO bin at Bricks and Minifigs. As far as other rare masks go, I have several of the 2001 Noble and Great masks in the non-set colors, including a trans-blue Ruru and a Teal Miru. Pretty nice how it works out.

I’m trying to raise money to buy a prototype Tohunga, so pretty much everything is currently for sale.

1 Like

2001 brown kakama
I’m sad

I’ll definitely consider it after the Holiday season.

1 Like

The rarest mask is this strange peach colored Ruru. I got it from good will and I can’t find any information about it

2 Likes

Looks like a bleached orange one to me. Maybe was left in the sun for too long?

I don’t think it is really rare but, I think my rarest is Iruini’s mask