What Is The Rarest BIONICLE Mask You Own?

thinks internally "jealousy is a sin

2 Likes

Yeah, I mean, it was in every copy of the 2003 Takanuva set. :slight_smile:

Even considering that I had it on hand last time I posted in here, I left out any mention of my Pearl Gold Mask of Life. Nowadays, the top spot goes to my transparent dark blue Noble Ruru, which only ever appeared in the 2001 Nui-Rama set. Itā€™s for sale though - Iā€™m trying to raise some funds for something even better.

1 Like

Just gonna post a pic of my rarest masks and head pieces, although it might be a bit subjective.

From the left to the right we have:

• Irnakkā€™s head piece in surprisingly good condition (I got it from a lot i bought online from a non-BrickLink site).
  • Spinax headpiece.
  • Dark gold Visorak Keelerak headpiece (I own 2).
  • Silver Crast (I own 2)
  • Chrome silver Hau (probably one of my favourite masks in my possesion, I even built an altar for it).
  • Dark gold Kraahkan (I would kill for one in pearl gold).
  • Special Kraahkan (the one from the Takutanuva set).
  • Gun metal Vezon/Ignika mask.
  • Gun metal 2008 Avohkii.
  • Mutran and Vicanā€™s masks in mint-condition.
  • Nocturnā€™s headpiece (1 of 2).
  • Gadunkaā€™s headpiece.
  • White Takadox head piece, sadly in quite poor condition.
  • Iruiniā€™s and Norikā€™s masks.
  • Maxilos mask.
  • Vultrazā€™s mask of scavenging.
  • Lesovikkā€™s lime Faxon.
  • Silver Ignika.
  • 2 variants of the infected Hau Nuva.
  • All 6 Toa Nuvaā€™s masks in silver (got the last 2 today, really happy with this collection).
  • Lhikans Hau.
  • Turaga Dumeā€™s Mask.
  • Hydraxons Mask.
  • Glitter Avohkii.
  • Axalara Miru Nuva.
  • Dark blue Ruru Metru.
  • Lime Noble Huna.
  • Copper Noble Huna.
  • Infected Hau.
  • Trans-blue Noble Ruru.
  • Clear Kaukau.
  • Trans-orange Mask of Fire (G2).
8 Likes

Still find it strange that the silver Nuva masks are that expensive - as far as Iā€™ve seen on bricklink each of them costs between 20 and 40 bucks. I mean, thatā€™s insane! You can get a complete '01 mask collection for about 200 bucks as a comparison.

Also that '08 Avohkii, chrome Hau and dark blue Ruruā€¦ youā€™re rubbing salt in the wounds, manā€¦

1 Like

I found my silver Nuva masks quite ā€œcheapā€, around 12 to 16 dollars.

Having some disposable income and BrickLink is a dangerous combinationā€¦

Currently chasing for that elusive Gun metal Takadox headpieceā€¦

1 Like

The elusive Inside Tour Trans Blue 2015 Kaukau, as per my avatar. For those curious itā€™s mask #167

This one came from the fan media days that Lego hosted a while back. I was invited to go, but unfortunately due to the timing being so last minute, I didnā€™t end up going- the person who went on our behalf was kind enough to send me the bionicle goods that were handed out.

Iā€™ve also got about 24 of the trans neon green skull Scorpio masks and some of the gold Kulta mask polybags (also came from the above situation) which round out my rarest mask collection I suppose.

2 Likes

For 150 dollaridos, they better be in a sealed glass case.

1 Like

Wait, 08 takanuva is hard to get?
Iā€™ll count myself lucky then.

I have a couple modalt masksā€¦

And one more unlisted.

2 Likes

Well, in Germany he wasnā€™t even sold, for exampleā€¦

1 Like

If you check BrickLink for the Gun metal Takadox headpieces, you can see that like 9/10 are from the US and Canada, so here in Europe it was a very rare set or, like you said was the case in Germany, not sold at all. I have seen '08 Takanuva in a physical store after G1ā€™s cancellation, sold for around 350 dollars. It is a set that Iā€™ve always wanted, but that is a price that Iā€™m not gonna pay.

The weird thing is that I actually saw '08 Takanuva displayed in Legoland GĆ¼nzburg - as well as Icarax - but neither of them was sold.

Through bricklink I bought the parts for Icarax and most of those for Takanuva, thoughā€¦ Iā€™m mostly only lacking the set specific parts to complete Takanuva. Which is basically everything gunmetal grey.

Lhikanā€™s Hau, Copper Huna, honestly thatā€™s it. Does my Infected Hau count? I slso also have also have both toa Haga masks, and Lesovikk ā€™ mask.

@WhatCameNext I have a Gunmetal Takadox headpiece, Iā€™d be willing to sell it too.

Edited for Double Post - Waj

1 Like

yes they are. 6 by 3 grid, each chunk being 2 by 4 grids for the breed, with each horizontal row alternating between 2 masks.

Edit:

this is why you go to english, kidsā€¦

so you donā€™t overlook things like this.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know if itā€™s rare but itā€™s a translucent glitter mask I canā€™t think of the name

Itā€™s the Avohkii, and it isnā€™t really, to be honest; it was included in every copy of 8596 Takanuva. Still cool though.

I have the gold mask from Titan Mata Nui. Because I am totally fabulous.

Iā€™d say so. :slight_smile:

I own a Black Huna now, so thatā€™s probably topping my list.

You lucky devil, Iā€™ve been trying to get a misprint Huna for years. What other rare masks do you have?

Black noble Huna isnā€™t a misprint - there were two included in the Muaka & Kane-Ra set. Which means that it is 16 years old, though. I feel old nowā€¦

2 Likes